Author Topic: Grant H. Smith / Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers  (Read 19483 times)

Autumn

Grant H. Smith / Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers
« on: November 25, 2014, 03:13:56 am »
After coming across him on another thread, I though he deserved a thread all his own.

This is his website:  http://www.spiritalk.net/native-americans-twofeathers.html

He lives in New York and he seems to dabble in a lot of different areas.

Two Feathers  is Blackfoot (Kainaiwa) of the Blackfoot Nation. He is a Healer who combines the knowledge of healing gained over the years into a powerful healing experience for those who choose to come to him for help. He believes that a balanced fitness program which is inclusive of emphasis on the body, mind and spirit will create in each individual a vessel of purity.

Two Feathers has studied in many areas of spirituality with main interests being indigenous peoples ways. His main focus is the Red Path of the American Indian and is a member of the American Indian Movement (AIM). His studies include the HUNA Religion (indigenous to Hawaii), Druidic culture and practices, Buddhism, Hinduism and South American Indian culture. He is a practitioner of Zen and studies Kung-Fu. He is also a drummer and follower of the African/American drumming movement. 

Two Feathers is available as a counselor / healer for those who would like to experience his unique healing practices.

One of our members just corrected someone who quoted Chief Seattle.  Check out this page:

http://www.spiritalk.net/index.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:22:47 pm by Autumn »

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:51:31 am »
Hmm....I did a quick google on this guy and couldn't find his real name. He's all over the place and likes to post other peoples work on his website. And as usual he looks whiter than marshmallow fluff. I also ran his web address thru Whois.net and came up with nada. Maybe I didn't do it right...?? Help!

Diana

Autumn

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:22:48 pm »
Here are two more of his sites:

http://natalk.blogspot.com/
http://native-americans-online.com/index.html

Like Diana said, he mostly just compiles information from other sources.  I cannot find any prices for services he offers (he says he is retired), but for his "healing work" you need to contact him directly.

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:42:48 pm »
Grant Redhawk
Description: Native American - Blackfoot Kainai Tribe - Alberta, CA

https://plus.google.com/102038079791358341928/about

Here is the Kainai Tribe site: http://www.bloodtribe.org/

He also says he is married, and living in Queensbury, New York. Other places he says he is in Gansevoort, NY. Those two places are about 20 minutes apart by car.

Donations go to Spiritalk Gathering, which is listed at 1208 Heritage Way
Gansevoort, NY 12831

Guidestar has one Spiritalk, Inc, but that is a different group.

New York corporation search does not list a Spiritalk. Neither place had the alternate spelling of Spirit talk either.

That Gansevoort address looks to be apartments. I tried various searches on the Saratoga county assessor site just in case, but didn't come up with anything.

Like Diana says, nothing on any whois sites, everything is privacy protected.

This site says his name is Grant Smith http://www.websitelooker.net/www/spiritalk.net

Here he is:

Name:    Grant H Smith
Residence Date:    01 Jan 2009
Residence Place:    Gansevoort, New York, United States
Birth Date:    22 Jul 1946
Address:    1208 Heritage Way
Address Continued:    Gansevoort, New York 12831

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVMC-XFLR

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »
Hi Piff, yeah, he's really good at covering his tracks. I even tried a people search on one of those people finder websites and came up with nothing. Now that we have a name let's see where that leads us. Lim lemtsh Piff you're the best!

Diana

Epiphany

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »
Hi Piff, yeah, he's really good at covering his tracks. I even tried a people search on one of those people finder websites and came up with nothing. Now that we have a name let's see where that leads us. Lim lemtsh Piff you're the best!

Diana

:)

Here is his radio license:

FCC Registered Amateur Radio Licenses:

Call Sign: KB2I, Licensee ID: L00509934
    Grant Date: 06/07/2005, Expiration Date: 08/24/2015
    Registrant: Grant H Smith, 1208 Heritage Way, Wilton, NY 12831

On his site:

He holds an Extra Class amateur radio operators license which he has held since 1977. He has served with the Military Affiliate Radio System (MARS) in the position of Assistant to the Director for 12 years.

http://www.spiritalk.net/native-americans-twofeathers.html

MARS is a Department of Defense sponsored program, established as a separately managed and operated program by the Army, Navy, and Air Force. The program consists of licensed amateur radio operators who are interested in military communications on a local, national, and international basis as an adjunct to normal communications.

The benefit of MARS membership is enjoying an amateur radio hobby through the ever-expanding horizon of MARS.

http://www.netcom.army.mil/mars/

So this is not as big of a deal that it may sound at first. Amateur radio is cool, and can be lifesaving during emergencies, but he is not extra special because of it.

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »
According to a Vermont marriage certificate found on ancestry.com, his father is Lyndon F Smith, born NH. Mother Phyllis Cook, born NY.

Grant himself born NH.

Autumn

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »
According to a Vermont marriage certificate found on ancestry.com, his father is Lyndon F Smith, born NH. Mother Phyllis Cook, born NY.

Grant himself born NH.

Thanks, Piff.  If he were from Montana or Canada, I could understand the Blackfoot connection, but I am baffled about the New Hampshire and New York connection.

On his blog, he states that his partner is named "Summer Fawn".  He had a granddaughter who died and who he had no connection with, who was named "Rahne Redhawk".

I live in what should be a pristine environment of the Adirondack Park in Northern New York! A national park that covers over 6 million acres of wilderness land,  one that on any given weekend is invaded by out of state people from New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts  to the point of overflowing. I have lived here most of my life which is a very long time to endure the incredible lack of freedom and privacy that should be afforded by all this space. 

http://natalk.blogspot.com/2011/07/mann-v-ford-motor-co.html

Most of you who know me personally know that I am a complex, happy yet angry man of mixed Blackfoot and Scottish blood. I have fought hard for many years for an understanding of our Native American people of this land to gain a foothold in society where our people can pull themselves up and out of what was created for them by a selfish and greedy white man mind set.

http://natalk.blogspot.com/2011/04/pine-ridge-south-dakota-prisoner-of-war.html#links

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Grant H. Smith / Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 08:29:25 pm »
Your right Autumn, there is no connection to the west. As a matter of fact this Grant person has a very impressive New Hampshire connection on his father's side. Both sides of fathers multiple grandparents are all from that state. I did find one small item for his GG grand father under a birth and christening in Ancestors.com. Under an ethnicity line it says Canadian, I'm not sure what it means??? Here it is.

Name:
Edward S R Smith

Birth Date:
24 Jan 1880

Birth Place:
Mont Vernon, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States

Race:
White

Ethnicity:
Canadian

Father's Name:
C J Smith

Mother's name:
Margarette Hanson

Autumn

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 01:05:20 am »
Your right Autumn, there is no connection to the west. As a matter of fact this Grant person has a very impressive New Hampshire connection on his father's side. Both sides of fathers multiple grandparents are all from that state. I did find one small item for his GG grand father under a birth and christening in Ancestors.com. Under an ethnicity line it says Canadian, I'm not sure what it means??? Here it is.

Name:
Edward S R Smith

Birth Date:
24 Jan 1880

Birth Place:
Mont Vernon, Hillsborough, New Hampshire, United States

Race:
White

Ethnicity:
Canadian

Father's Name:
C J Smith

Mother's name:
Margarette Hanson

Thanks, Diana.  That is strange.  I would put Canadian under "nationality" but this is what Wikipedia says: 

In some cases, especially involving transnational migration, or colonial expansion, ethnicity is linked to nationality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_group

Perhaps that is the distant link that Mr. Smith feels is his Blackfoot connection?

But then I wonder why they answered "white" under race?  Wouldn't race be NDN?

It certainly is confusing.  Again, quoting Wikipedia:

The distinction between race and ethnicity is considered highly problematic. Ethnicity is often assumed to be the cultural identity of a group, often based on language and tradition, while race is assumed to be a biological classification, based on DNA and bone structure. Race is a more controversial subject than ethnicity, due to its common political use. It is assumed that, based on power relations, there exist 'racialized ethnicities' and 'ethnicized races'. Ramán Grosfoguel (University of California, Berkeley) notes that 'racial/ethnic identity' is one concept and that concepts of race and ethnicity cannot be used as separate and autonomous categories.[

Offline gredhawk

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 07:19:20 pm »
Hello Folks
My name is Grant (Two Feathers) Redhawk-Smith

My wife came across this site in searching for something else and became very upset at the apparent invasion of private information expressed here. I’m just wondering how you will feel when someone does this to you!

I usually take a more docile roll in this type issue and simply chalk it up to ignorance and the proliferation of the information age.

I’m not sure what exactly you were searching for but I will bet you have come some conclusions about me! I’m also willing to bet none of those conclusions are accurate or full of good intent.

So I’m going to take the high road and simply say if you want to know something about someone, finding it on the internet does not provide a great picture of the whole nor does it help to come to any type of accurate conclusions.

If you want to know something about me simply ask. I have never done anything illicit and don’t have to answer to anyone about my decisions in life.  So if you have the courage of your convictions and want to know about me my email address is gredhawk@gmail.com. 

Grant Redhawk

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 07:52:34 pm »
Ok  :D
What tribe are you enrolled in?
What Tiwahe claims you?
What is your Grandfather and Grandmothers name?
What Tribal nation gave you the right to do what you do?
What tribal leader taught you?
How did you get the right to do this?
As a Native person we have the right to ask this of you and you must tell me your family linage.
and I will not email you we will put it out in the open for the world to see.
In Spirit

Offline gredhawk

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 09:13:23 pm »
First let me say that I know what you’re trying to do and it will work as it will.  I leave that up to Creator!

I might ask you who/what gives you the right to question another man’s actions in any society? People like you are questionable at best and to be avoided if one desire’s to separate themselves from the chaos you create.

I have taught Native American Philosophy for at least twenty five years.  I studied it in many ways 25 years before that!  I have only been challenged once and now after that interaction those people simply allow me to be at peace doing what I do.

I teach what Creator tells me to teach because it is the Right way to peace and freedom. The way you’re going about life is to stifle information rather than share it. Therefore forever dooming Native People to a life external and devoid of progress in a debased third-world lifestyle. In other words your purpose is HATE based and therefore is to be denounced and avoided.

You’re not doing what is required for your people and only simply trying to hold on to a culture which will outgrow your ignorance anyway. 

NOT WHAT CREATOR WANTS AT ALL.   

I was going to give you what you asked for but that is a trap which I am not going to fall into. You have already made your minds up about me and my intent and anything other than what I have said will only serve to stir the fire.

I have two websites and a blog which attract over 17500 unique hits a month.  Other and google adds which serves to pay for their presence I take no recompense. Seems there is much interest in our culture, something you’re obviously ignoring. You need to get your collective heads out of your butts and start paying attention to what those statistics mean.

My reward is the peace of heart which comes with opening up the minds of people who would never know about the Special Nature of my People. Hopefully correcting misinterpretations and deepening the understanding of our people and Real Human Beings.

If you really want to help the People – outgrow your own ignorance.

I will not answer any other questions from this group as it is a waste of my time and at 68 years old I don’t have much of that left. I devote all my time to living a Spiritual life in peace and harmony that all that surrounds me. I only came upon this type of peace after adopting the ways of my Great Grandmother. My family covered her up as an embarrassment and kept her stored away in a broken down shack on a Cree reserve for most of her life!

The way out of what you certainly are creating with this hate group is not through bullying others but coming to peace with them.   Something hopefully you will come to realize before the end of your life.  Do you really want to live your life in Hate and stupidity?

Thanks for giving me the agenda to voice what most folk think but don’t have the courage to express!

Grant Redhawk

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 09:52:55 pm »
Wow. Mr. Smith... you might want to think about the fact that elders from the Nations whose ways you are selling are reading your words here. You have just insulted them.

If you were NDN, you would know why Earth asked you what she did.  She is a well-respected member of her Nation and community, and has every right to ask you what she did.  For you to be so impolite to her speaks volumes.

First let me say that I know what you’re trying to do and it will work as it will.  I leave that up to Creator!

I might ask you who/what gives you the right to question another man’s actions in any society? People like you are questionable at best and to be avoided if one desire’s to separate themselves from the chaos you create.

I have taught Native American Philosophy for at least twenty five years.  I studied it in many ways 25 years before that!  I have only been challenged once and now after that interaction those people simply allow me to be at peace doing what I do.

I teach what Creator tells me to teach because it is the Right way to peace and freedom. The way you’re going about life is to stifle information rather than share it. Therefore forever dooming Native People to a life external and devoid of progress in a debased third-world lifestyle. In other words your purpose is HATE based and therefore is to be denounced and avoided.

You’re not doing what is required for your people and only simply trying to hold on to a culture which will outgrow your ignorance anyway. 

NOT WHAT CREATOR WANTS AT ALL.   

I was going to give you what you asked for but that is a trap which I am not going to fall into. You have already made your minds up about me and my intent and anything other than what I have said will only serve to stir the fire.

I have two websites and a blog which attract over 17500 unique hits a month.  Other and google adds which serves to pay for their presence I take no recompense. Seems there is much interest in our culture, something you’re obviously ignoring. You need to get your collective heads out of your butts and start paying attention to what those statistics mean.

My reward is the peace of heart which comes with opening up the minds of people who would never know about the Special Nature of my People. Hopefully correcting misinterpretations and deepening the understanding of our people and Real Human Beings.

If you really want to help the People – outgrow your own ignorance.

I will not answer any other questions from this group as it is a waste of my time and at 68 years old I don’t have much of that left. I devote all my time to living a Spiritual life in peace and harmony that all that surrounds me. I only came upon this type of peace after adopting the ways of my Great Grandmother. My family covered her up as an embarrassment and kept her stored away in a broken down shack on a Cree reserve for most of her life!

The way out of what you certainly are creating with this hate group is not through bullying others but coming to peace with them.   Something hopefully you will come to realize before the end of your life.  Do you really want to live your life in Hate and stupidity?

Thanks for giving me the agenda to voice what most folk think but don’t have the courage to express!

Grant Redhawk

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 10:06:30 pm »
Mr. Smith, you put all this misinformation about ceremony on your site, much of it written by well-known frauds, and you advertise that you take credit cards. There they are, on every page. What is it that people are paying you for?

http://www.spiritalk.net/native-americans-nahealin.html

http://www.spiritalk.net/native-americans-circles.html

You list known frauds (like Huna people) as your teachers, and say you learned sweats from... Cherokee. And "rainbow people." Maybe you're used to dealing with people who don't see all those red flags. Maybe you really don't even know why we're seeing so many red flags that there's barely anything else to see.  But it seems clear from your rude posts above that you either don't know, or don't care, how offensive you're being.