Author Topic: Grant H. Smith / Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers  (Read 19382 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: Grant H. Smith / Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 11:25:55 pm »
Hello  ;D
My name is TaMakawastewin i am enrolled member of my nation, i live on my reservation all my life, i
work for my tribe, I am 7/8 BQ from my nation and 1/8 from our brother tribe which makes me a full blooded.
I have lived my culture, spirituality, language, traditions and way for life for 60 years. I know my culture and i know if you follow
the ways i have the right to ask you the following question according to our beliefs. I do my tribes genealogy and history.
Every man is just a common man.
i have followed our spiritual way all my life and yes i do have the right.
Plus if you want to claim to be from a nation how is it that you said your grandmother was Cree (my husband is Cree)
but you claim Blackfoot that dont even make sense. when you family history list you as white. then the traditional law says
YOU DONT PAY TO PRAY

In Spirit

Offline antiunilateral43

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 02:31:37 am »
As a mixed blood myself and after having caught hell from other native peoples in trying to learn the ways of omani luta I'd say that Mr grant here did a splendid job as to his own wording of his defense. As far as exploitation of our ways and culture I'm unawares of this mans misdeeds. Recent experience has led me to believe that the ways have become stagnate and stifled by these same attitudes which will ultimately end in the death of ways.. I'm a baby here and so far what I'm reading is disheartening.. I know for a fact that most of you live far upper northwest most likely and have never been to places like the Carolinas where we don't bare the same rights as you do and have refused to allow our beliefs and actions be dictated by local governement. I won't let bia tell me what I am or a piece of paper or a card and I don't want no cobell check either. But I do wanna offer up sacrifice at the tree...that's what I'm after ..

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 04:37:50 am »
antiunlateral then you know that is wrong to sell our way you know that we don't pay to pray,
so what i am understanding is you don't know the ways? As a person as myself i have the right to ask
the following questions,
Who are your family?
Who taught you?
what tribal nation do you come from?
we don't mix culture so if your in the carolinas what the hell are you doing a sacrifice to a tree?
Strange people, this is what happen when you don't know your culture and way of life and steal other
culture.
My culture is very much alive and we live it everyday.

In Spirit

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2014, 05:02:11 am »
if you look at this man claim to be Blackfoot and but do not put his family name up as a real native would,
then claim his grandma was on a Cree reserve, that don't make sense when you can run his background is comes up white.

In Spirit

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2014, 04:25:24 pm »
First let me say that I know what you’re trying to do and it will work as it will.  I leave that up to Creator!

Great!  I'm glad you know.  But do you understand the what and whys?

I might ask you who/what gives you the right to question another man’s actions in any society? People like you are questionable at best and to be avoided if one desire’s to separate themselves from the chaos you create.

Can you honestly say that no persons actions should be questioned?  THAT is what leads to chaos.  Letting people run amuck deceiving themselves and others.

I have taught Native American Philosophy for at least twenty five years.  I studied it in many ways 25 years before that!  I have only been challenged once and now after that interaction those people simply allow me to be at peace doing what I do.

Oh my gosh I am so impressed.  Not.  What exactly is 'Native American Philosophy'? 

I teach what Creator tells me to teach because it is the Right way to peace and freedom. The way you’re going about life is to stifle information rather than share it. Therefore forever dooming Native People to a life external and devoid of progress in a debased third-world lifestyle. In other words your purpose is HATE based and therefore is to be denounced and avoided.

You sir are rude and ignorant.  Clearly you've never been in community with elders who are respected by the community.

You’re not doing what is required for your people and only simply trying to hold on to a culture which will outgrow your ignorance anyway.

Again, you sir are rude and ignorant.  It is not up to you to dictate to entire cultures which you are not a part of.

NOT WHAT CREATOR WANTS AT ALL.   

And you know this how?

I was going to give you what you asked for but that is a trap which I am not going to fall into. You have already made your minds up about me and my intent and anything other than what I have said will only serve to stir the fire.

A trap?  No.  Tradition?  Yes.

I have two websites and a blog which attract over 17500 unique hits a month.  Other and google adds which serves to pay for their presence I take no recompense. Seems there is much interest in our culture, something you’re obviously ignoring. You need to get your collective heads out of your butts and start paying attention to what those statistics mean.

It's quite obvious what those statistics mean to you.  I'm glad I'm not you.

My reward is the peace of heart which comes with opening up the minds of people who would never know about the Special Nature of my People. Hopefully correcting misinterpretations and deepening the understanding of our people and Real Human Beings.

Correcting misinterpretations is absolutely necessary.  I agree with you on that.  Unfortunately when we have individuals such as yourself disseminating hooey it makes it very difficult.

If you really want to help the People – outgrow your own ignorance.

Most folks on this board do a lot more than advertise their services on the web in order to help their People.

I will not answer any other questions from this group as it is a waste of my time and at 68 years old I don’t have much of that left. I devote all my time to living a Spiritual life in peace and harmony that all that surrounds me. I only came upon this type of peace after adopting the ways of my Great Grandmother. My family covered her up as an embarrassment and kept her stored away in a broken down shack on a Cree reserve for most of her life!

Your response clearly indicates that you need to devote a little more time living a spiritual life in peace and harmony.  You are a rude and ignorant man who is doing a whole heck of a lot of damage to living cultures.

I call bs on your story about your granny.

The way out of what you certainly are creating with this hate group is not through bullying others but coming to peace with them.   Something hopefully you will come to realize before the end of your life.  Do you really want to live your life in Hate and stupidity?

Hate group?  No, this is not a hate group.  The members of this group, indigenous and ally alike, are doing what is necessary.  We are protecting our cultures and the cultures of our friends and relatives from thieves.

[quotee]Thanks for giving me the agenda to voice what most folk think but don’t have the courage to express!

Grant Redhawk
[/quote]

Lol.  You are not unique in your response.  Most individuals who get exposed for being charlatans here respond in a similar way.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 04:27:15 pm »
Reread your post antiunilateral.  It's not about what you want or what you are after.  You have a lot to learn youngster.

As a mixed blood myself and after having caught hell from other native peoples in trying to learn the ways of omani luta I'd say that Mr grant here did a splendid job as to his own wording of his defense. As far as exploitation of our ways and culture I'm unawares of this mans misdeeds. Recent experience has led me to believe that the ways have become stagnate and stifled by these same attitudes which will ultimately end in the death of ways.. I'm a baby here and so far what I'm reading is disheartening.. I know for a fact that most of you live far upper northwest most likely and have never been to places like the Carolinas where we don't bare the same rights as you do and have refused to allow our beliefs and actions be dictated by local governement. I won't let bia tell me what I am or a piece of paper or a card and I don't want no cobell check either. But I do wanna offer up sacrifice at the tree...that's what I'm after ..

Autumn

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 04:43:06 pm »

antiunilateral43, this thread is in "Research Needed" so no one is accusing anyone of any misdeeds or as Mr. Smith stated "illicit activities".

Mr. Smith, who discovered this site only about a week after the thread started, and decries the misinformation on the internet, but apparently only if it seems to involve him, flounced in here (and out of here) to "defend" himself and that is all he did.  He refuses to continue any dialogue with the forum and states that "Creator" will be the judge.  That is the sort of statement we get here a lot when we question anyone's background and when we question why they want to spread misinformation online.  He stated that we "violated his privacy" but I know for myself all that I did was copy quotes from his own website.

This is his quote: 

I have taught Native American Philosophy for at least twenty five years.  I studied it in many ways 25 years before that!  I have only been challenged once and now after that interaction those people simply allow me to be at peace doing what I do.

He said that he taught "Native American Philosophy" (whatever that is) for twenty-five years and studied it for at least 25 years before that.  He said he is 68 years old now so that means that he started studying "Native American Philosophy" when he was 18 years old.  So he was not Native American until he was 18?  I find this so confusing and there is a lot that is confusing and just does not add up about his story.  All you have to do is spend some time on his websites to be pretty confused.  What is so sad to me is that at 68 years of age, he is not willing to learn anything new but continues to spread misinformation, such as the quote from "Chief Seattle" (which is not a quote from Chief Seattle) that he has on his website.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »
antiunilateral43's tangent and responses to it moved to the strange "Santee" thread: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2182.msg39176#msg39176

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 11:41:49 pm »
Hello  ;D
My name is TaMakawastewin i am enrolled member of my nation, i live on my reservation all my life, i
work for my tribe, I am 7/8 BQ from my nation and 1/8 from our brother tribe which makes me a full blooded.
I have lived my culture, spirituality, language, traditions and way for life for 60 years. I know my culture and i know if you follow
the ways i have the right to ask you the following question according to our beliefs. I do my tribes genealogy and history.
Every man is just a common man.
i have followed our spiritual way all my life and yes i do have the right.
Plus if you want to claim to be from a nation how is it that you said your grandmother was Cree (my husband is Cree)
but you claim Blackfoot that dont even make sense. when you family history list you as white. then the traditional law says
YOU DONT PAY TO PRAY

not to mention that on the lakota declaration it pretty much says that those of us in sundance tribes (I am taos and southern ute...the ute are a sundance tribe) have an OBLIGATION and a DUTY to ask.......so i stand behind earth7......what tribe do you claim? do they claim you? give us names so we can check with the blackfoot nation?? if youre legit you have no problem with that..........for some reason i think you will ignore these questions

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 11:57:10 pm »
hey grant.....i just googled you....saw your twitter pic.........you aint the first WHITEBOY to wear a ponytail and ribbon shirt

lemme give it to you straight

most of us dont believe your great grandmother was indian.....but by miracle she is....it dont make you ndn.....because you make it OBVIOUS that you never grew up in any ndn community......you dont know our ways.......i can answer anyone who my family is, where i grew up, who i grew up among and they will all be ndn....can you do the same? lets call the blackfoot tribal office and see if they ever heard of you or your family....cmon....that will be fun whiteboy

studyin native philosophy my ass........indians who know thier way dont need to do that......they just gotta go take care of elders....and im only 44 but im sure i learned alot more in my time about my people from my people by birthright than you can learn "studying" us for 50 years

please respond.....i need some entertainment

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2014, 12:45:49 am »
Entertainment? I thought he was pretty boring - I mean, it only took him two posts to let hang out what/who he is. Already in his second post, Mr Smith, our great student and even teacher of Native Philosophy, put a foot in his mouth writing:

You’re not doing what is required for your people and only simply trying to hold on to a culture which will outgrow your ignorance anyway.

Thanks, Mr Smith, for pointing to the fact that you're not ndn. Otherwise you wouldn't have used 'your people'.

So the [....] are getting uppity and don't do what's *required* of them? Oh my, our Great White Father Smith may be getting mad at us and withdraw his grace and mercy - we'd better behave... Just make sure you tell us once more what's required. Remember, milehigh is yearning to be entertained, and the rest of us don't mind a good laugh either. 

Of course, it is not *one* culture, but many of them. And yes, ndn peoples are holding on to their respective cultures. Defaming this as something inferior does not only reveal you're white and identify as such, it also points to the fact that you hold on to racist garbage. But don't worry - *we* will outgrow your ignorance anyway.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2018, 06:44:47 pm »
Greetings to all. My name is Shannon and I am the biological daughter to Grant Hollister Smith aka Grant Redhawk aka Two Feathers. I found this thread in my search for one of my sisters and was quite dismayed by it, but I would like to interject some facts here. I do this knowing that I may receive an attack from this man of whom you speak. It would be far from the first, and I feel that speaking the truth and the benefits of it far outweighs the consequences. I attain that every word here is true and of my own personal knowledge base. Firstly, the names 'Redhawk' and 'Two Feathers' are self given. Due to my estrangement from him, it is unclear to me when exactly he took on these titles. In the home I was raised in, there was no talk on any ties to the Blackfoot Nation. I am of Mohawk decent on my mother's side. My Grandmother and Aunt being born on the reservation from what I was told, but I have no documentation on that yet unfortunately. In my adult years, I was told that I had a grandmother from the Blackfoot Nation on my father's side, who was brought into the family home to give birth to the child she carried and then was poisoned. The subsequent relative was then raised as white only, and this was supposedly kept as a 'dirty little secret' by the family. Horrifying and embarrassing! I am unsure if this information is correct, as the family members who gave me this information are far from trustworthy individuals. To my knowledge, I have not found or seen any documentation to back up that this man has any right to consider himself an elder of any tribal nation and this is a very misleading title to entertain himself with. Due to the mental, physical and sexual abuse that my mother, I and several of my sisters received from this man, I find it extremely anxiety provoking to know that he could possibly be holding himself in any type of capacity as an authority that may directly or indirectly effect the people who he is in contact with on a spiritual, mental or physical level. The idea that he may be not only misleading people, but doing so for profit is a very scary prospect to me. In this thread, I noticed my daughter's name brought up as Rahne Redhawk. As stated before, the Redhawk title is incorrect and self given. This hurt me in particular, as I do not want his name tied to my children in any way! I can not stress that enough. Just weeks after my daughter's death in 2012, this man sent me a horrific letter gloating over her death, stating that I deserved to experience that pain as payback for testifying against him in court, to keep him from further abusing my youngest sister. I will not include that letter here as I am aware of your policy about violence and bad language, but as you can try to imagine, it was unfathomably horrific and can attest to the fact that he should not be considered as an honorable spiritual advisor in any way, shape or form. I am not sure how to obtain the police records from that incident, but I did make a report and filed it with the Mayfield New York Troopers office, and was told that he was spoken to about no further contact with me. I was in no frame of mind to pursue that any further, but he had also sent similar messages to my mother and sister at the time. They chose not to pursue it at all. The abuse of my childhood is not on record to my knowledge, although there were several child abuse inquiries to my recollection, we were all too afraid to talk. During that time, people tended to shut their mouth and turn a blind eye to that type of thing. We lived in a very small community, which did not help in that regard, however MANY knew of the abuse and had witnessed some of it. I am giving this information ONLY to show what this man is capable of doing to his own flesh and blood, and the thought of him continuing such atrocities on anyone else continues to haunt me to this day. If my words do nothing else but open the eyes and intuitions of even one person, saving them the grief that I have lived through,  then I feel that the humiliation of these truths being made public will not be in vain. I wish you all peace and blessings. Your intuition to question the validity of this individual was correct.

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2018, 06:54:04 pm »

Epiphany

Re: Grant Redhawk / Two Feathers
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:15:47 pm »
According to a Vermont marriage certificate found on ancestry.com, his father is Lyndon F Smith, born NH. Mother Phyllis Cook, born NY.

Grant himself born NH......This is the correct information.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2018, 10:30:52 pm »
We've had these accusations in our forum before. While it's important to listen, and list them, we also hasten to point out these are still accusations, neither proven nor dis-proven. So far we have no verification that our new member is who she says she is, which would be the first step.

The genealogy can be followed up on.

And the original criticism of him remains. Whether or not he has ancestry, whether or not the most serious accusation of him is true, he knows little and presents Nuage falsehoods as true.