Author Topic: Tom Kunesh - Lakota Activist  (Read 9150 times)

Offline ChikashaTruth

Tom Kunesh - Lakota Activist
« on: March 28, 2016, 09:14:35 pm »
There is a man on FB and the internet who claims to be Lakota, ex military intelligence, Native American activist and Environmental Activist. He has a long history of attacking peoples tribal affiliations and events. Here is his facebook group that is named after a defunct Tennessee Government Organization that went away in 2010. https://www.facebook.com/Tennessee-Commission-of-Indian-Affairs-112572215490195/?pnref=story

Here is a phony / copycat event on FB in which he copied the real event, photos and all and made it out to be a protest. This is a real Native American Festival, administered by Native Americans, but as you can see, he calls them Wannabe's and phonies, when he himself will never produce any tribal affiliation proof.

https://www.facebook.com/events/186619678395012/

Here is his website:  http://www.darkfiber.com/tpk/

LinkedIn :   https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunesh-172a826

Offline ChikashaTruth

Re: Tom Kunesh - Lakota Activist
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 12:58:23 am »
Take a look at what he calls his "Professional Experience". You will see that he has nothing in his history pertaining to Native American anything until he landed in Tennessee around 1996. At that point, he joins many Native American organizations, Religion, takes classes on their history and genealogy, and creates  Tennessee Commission of Indian Affairs which is now defunct, although he still has a page on FB under this name. The people he is harassing and trying to defraud are the same people that got his commission shut down.

Professional Experience
1998-current   Home Parent
2010-current   Eastside Precinct Election Judge, Hamilton County Election Commission, Chattanooga
2005   Adjunct Faculty, Continuing Education, Cemetery Studies, Chattanooga State Community College
2004-05   Adjunct Faculty, Spanish, Chattanooga State Community College
2004   Adjunct Faculty, Native American Religions, Department of Anthropology Middle Tennessee State University
2003-08   Spanish Instructor, The Montessori School, Chattanooga
2000-02   Adjunct Faculty, Spanish, Department of Foreign Languages, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
1999   Adjunct Faculty, Native American Religions (Anthropology & Religious Studies), University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
2000-01   Adjunct Faculty, Native American Religions (Humanities, Chattanooga State Technical Community College
2000-01   Director, Language Laboratory, Department of Foreign Languages, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
1999-current   Freelance Web Consultant
1996-99   Webmaster, Chattanooga Online chattanooga.net
1995-96   Artistic Director/Graphic Designer, Corporate Relations Inc.
1995   Total digital conversion of Composition, Production, Typesetting & Design, Quality Shopper
1993-94   Editor and Publisher, City Beat Magazine news weekly
1991-94   Owner/Operator, Dakota DeskTop Publishing: typesetting & design
1991-93   Director of Religious Education, Campus Minister at the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga
Unitarian Universalist Church, Chattanooga, Tennessee
1989-90   Director of Religious Education, Michael Servetus Unitarian Society, Fridley, Minnesota
1988-90   Campus Minister, Minnesota Unitarian Universalist Campus Ministries, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
1988-90   Monthly Minister, Willmar Unitarian Church, Willmar, Minnesota
1988-89   Teaching Aide, Program for Social Development, with autistic students, ages 15-21
Murray Junior High School, St Paul School District 625, Minnesota
1987   Manager, Desktop Publishing Section, Krishna Copies, Berkeley, California
1985-87   Macintosh Computer Consultant, Inter-Racial Cross-Cultural Education Program, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, California
1986-87   Assistant Serials Librarian, Graduate Theological Union Library, Berkeley, California
1984-85   Secretary-General, Minnesota International Student Association (MISA)
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
1984-85   Religious Studies Adviser, Religious Studies Program
1984   Teaching Assistant to Professor Robert Ross: the Holocaust
Department of Jewish Studies, University of Minnesota
Teaching Assistant to Professor Robert Tapp: Introduction to Christianity
Religious Studies Program, University of Minnesota
1981-82   Undergraduate Peer Adviser, Department of Spanish and Portuguese
1976-80   US Navy Cryptologic Technician-Interpretive branch, Third Class Petty Officer
  Russian and Farsi naval linguist and radio traffic analyst
  stations: primary: NSGA, US Naval Base, Rota (Cádiz) Spain; secondary: Persian Gulf

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »

Thomas Peter Kunesh
Minnesota Birth Index
Name   Thomas Peter Kunesh
Event Type   Birth
Event Date   28 Aug 1956
Event Place   Ramsey, Minnesota, United States
Father's Name   Donard Joseph Kunesh
Mother's Name   Louise Marie Kelly
File Number   1956-MN-032985
CITING THIS RECORD

"Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VCXS-56F : accessed 1 May 2016), Thomas Peter Kunesh, 28 Aug 1956; from "Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002," database, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : 2004); citing Ramsey, Minnesota, United States, Minnesota Department of Health, Minneapolis.
 No image available
MINNESOTA BIRTH INDEX, 1935-2002

There is a lot of his family genealogy online. His family is European. However, some of them lived in Dakota County, Minnesota.

I attempted to make a post of his use of the Tennessee Commission of Indian Affairs name/logo/etc. Since the post has to be approved by an administrator, you can bet it will never appear on that Facebook page. I'm going to do some research to see if his use of this is illegal. If so, you can bet I will be reporting it.

Offline tom kunesh

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 11:32:50 pm »
> There is a man on FB and the internet who claims to be Lakota, ex military intelligence,
> Native American activist and Environmental Activist. He has a long history of
> attacking peoples tribal affiliations and events. Here is his facebook group that is
> named after a defunct Tennessee Government Organization that went away in 2010.
> https://www.facebook.com/Tennessee-Commission-of-Indian-Affairs-112572215490195/?pnref=story
>
> Here is a phony / copycat event on FB in which he copied the real event, photos and all
> and made it out to be a protest. This is a real Native American Festival, administered
> by Native Americans, but as you can see, he calls them Wannabe's and phonies,
> when he himself will never produce any tribal affiliation proof.

mostly true. am primarily concerned with people in Tennessee who claim tribal affiliation (usu. generic Cherokee) and the events these people sponsor. & i've been fighting the culture clubs/fake tribes here for years (www.tncia.org) -- you don't mention that.  there are people who are bona fide tribal members -- i don't attack them. there are people who have fraudulent documents and who make unsubstantiated claims -- i ask &/or show their claims to be spurious. for example, Tammera Hicks and the Cherokee of Lawrence County (www.tncia.org/BIA_re-Cherokee_of_Lawrence_County-2010.pdf) who Hicks supported.

there were real native americans at the 'Powwow by the River' festival in Chattanooga, but Hicks - the festival's primary administrator - is not one of them. i can either provide the evidence here - which you might then claim is biased, or you could obtain the court documents straight from the Hamilton County court house. just ask the Circuit Court Clerk for a copy of Tammera Hicks v Thomas Peter Kunesh, docket 09C1445, 19nov09 (defamation, libel, requested $750,000) with my Answer and Counter-Complaint filed 25jan2010. but expect to pay for a copy. the materials i could post here are the same materials that were filed with the court by both her attorney and me. she dropped the case against me. - why? because what i said then & what i say now is true.

my mom's enrolled Standing Rock Sioux. you have her name as my mother below.
you might notice a similarity of names with a photo of Obama a couple years ago when he touched down at Kelly's in Cannonball 2 years ago. www.bismarcktribune.com/gallery/president-obama-visits-cannon-ball-north-dakota-photo-gallery/collection_fd73e6ae-f343-11e3-a3df-001a4bcf887a.html#3
that Pat Kelly (rip) & my mom, Louise Kelly (rip), were first cousins by blood (same blood grandparents, blood brothers for dads). i am not enrolled. have never claimed to be. i don't have a card to offer as 'proof'. but anybody who wants to know can write & check with tribal enrollment.

my 'long history' of attacking phonies & wannabes does go back to before 1998 when i was still trying to figure who's who here in indian politics in Tennessee, and why so many people had weird names and made-up groups. so i started a list of them & the people in them to help me remember who & what they were/are:  www.moccasinbend.net/cita/TNNAorgs.html
i don't attack people who are bona fide tribal members, and i don't attack people who claim to not be indian, and i don't attack people who say they are and do good work and don't make grandiose claims. i've seen so much crap by posers (Mark Norman, Joe White, Joe Walters, Tammera Hicks) that i do warn people about not participating in their events.  if you believe that any of these people are indian, am still waiting for the proof.  i -can- show you that the BIA says that Joe White & his group is all white, and i can you that Tammera Hicks' 'state enrollment card' is fraudulent.
yes, check out the fake sponsoring a powwow here in Chattanooga:
 www.facebook.com/events/186619678395012/
ask former chief Michel Hicks if she's really related to him as she's claimed.
ask the Cherokee Nation's anti-fake task force if she's real.
you, ChickashaTruth, tell us why you think she's indian & what evidence you have to support her claim to being indian.  www.moccasinbend.net/cita/Hicks-Recognition-card-1997-FRAUD.png
would love to your defense of her.

;>

There is a man on FB and the internet who claims to be Lakota, ex military intelligence, Native American activist and Environmental Activist. He has a long history of attacking peoples tribal affiliations and events. Here is his facebook group that is named after a defunct Tennessee Government Organization that went away in 2010. https://www.facebook.com/Tennessee-Commission-of-Indian-Affairs-112572215490195/?pnref=story

Here is a phony / copycat event on FB in which he copied the real event, photos and all and made it out to be a protest. This is a real Native American Festival, administered by Native Americans, but as you can see, he calls them Wannabe's and phonies, when he himself will never produce any tribal affiliation proof.

https://www.facebook.com/events/186619678395012/

Here is his website:  http://www.darkfiber.com/tpk/

LinkedIn :   https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-kunesh-172a826

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:12 am »

Louise Marie Kelly
South Dakota State Census, 1945
Name   Louise Marie Kelly
Event Type   Census
Event Year   1945
Event Place   , Todd, South Dakota
Post Office   Rosebud,, South Dakota
Gender   Female
Age   7
Marital Status   Unknown
Race   Native American
Birth Year (Estimated)   1938
Mother's Birthplace   South Dakota
CITING THIS RECORD

"South Dakota State Census, 1945," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MLBT-RQX : accessed 26 May 2016), Louise Marie Kelly, , Todd, South Dakota; citing p. , State Historical Society, Pierre; FHL microfilm 2,371,453.

Offline tom kunesh

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 02:42:45 pm »
'Louise Marie Kelly' - same name, but not my mom.
my mom (SR tribal member) was born in St Paul, Minnesota. 1st cousin of Louis Kelly (SR tribal member), veteran, KIA, buried @Arlington, son of Josephine TwoBears Gates Kelly (SR tribal member), 1st woman tribal chief of the 20th century.
my mom's dad (SR tribal member) was born at Elbowoods, Fort Berthold/Three Affiliated Tribes, North Dakota.
his brothers & sisters (SR tribal members) were born at Fort Yates/Standing Rock, North Dakota.
his mom (SR tribal member) was born on the Missouri River before 'Standing Rock Reservation' or 'South Dakota' existed.

& fyi, for the record, yes, i enlisted in the Navy, learned Russian @DLI Monterey CA, and worked in Spain & the Persian Gulf (where i also learned & worked on Farsi communications) & Indian Ocean as part of the Naval Security Group. my job onboard ships was to monitor soviet & iranian military communications, & transcribe them. my job at Rota Naval Base was to monitor & analyze soviet ship movements in the Mediterranean. ie, yes, 'military intelligence'. CTI3, honorable discharge. and drove the bus that took us CT's back&forth to the 'bullring' where we worked.

i got out of school (BA, MA, MDiv) in 1988 & returned to Minnesota. met Chris Leith (Dakota, Prairie Island), attended his 2x/weekly sweats out @Wilder. moved to Chattanooga in 1990. with John Anderson (Mohawk, Anishinaabe) & Alva Crowe (Eastern Band Cherokee), was a co-founder of the Chattanooga InterTribal Association (CITA) in 1993.  we took back Moccasin Bend from the graverobbers, pot-hunters & archaeologists. in 1996 we killed the UTC mascot 'Chief Moccanooga' & brought Clyde Bellecourt down to speak @TN NA Day. we helped save Rattlesnake Springs. we fought to save Little Cedar Mountain. we reburied several dug-up/found human remains. in 1998 i bought "aimovement.org", set it up, hosted it, created the original website, worked with Vernon Bellecourt on it til his passing.

you got somebody here with a personal axe to grind. same shit that 'Tennessee Autonomous AIM' tried back in 2004 for a couple years. we see how well that worked out.

gotta go make my kid some cheerios.

;>

Offline Whitephoenix

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 11:58:14 pm »
Tom kunesh admits he has no CDIB on tape doing so furthermore he cpaimed his motyer an enrolled memberbof a dakota band of 400 people's the call was made to the tribe and they never heard of her, him or the family name. Research was conducted birth state correct but lied abput where he lived turned out to be California wevhave hos HS yearbooks. Mr Kunesh is A FRAUD and was employed by the dept of the navy as an intellegence officer. Futhermore he runs several websites to give himself credit, also this casper looking guy shows up at anybevent he can pretendimg to be native and a authority bedipte being Caucasian and non Indian. AIM, and 3 other native groups beileve he is FBI cpunter Intel pro drsigned to wreck native grpups amd relationships. This creep started and single handedely destroyed the TN state indian commission and helped destroy movemnts in 4 states. One local chief has called fpr his head and darkfiber is just another of ol toms bullshit spinning just like CITA. Tom is advosed if he shows up in spray tan at another native event he may just get his just reward. Tom Kunesh fabrocates one hell of a resume due to his education, he is not native, not for us and should be removed from this page. The Red Feather Society  is closely watching this FBI plant and his days ate numbered in Native America as well as TN.

Offline tom kunesh

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 04:46:52 am »
let's start with the first 2 statements to see if there's any basis of truth in 'Whitephoenix's claims

can't say anything about tapes that i don't know about & aren't in the public record.
can say that anybody who claims that Standing Rock doesn't know my mom's family name Kelly is mentally or educationally defective.  prima facie evidence: note the name of the bar in the background where Obama landed on Standing Rock: <a href="https://bismarcktribune.com/gallery/president-obama-visits-cannon-ball-north-dakota-photo-gallery/collection_fd73e6ae-f343-11e3-a3df-001a4bcf887a.html#3" title="Photos of President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama's visit to Cannon Ball, North Dakota; Photo gallery Jun 13, 2014"></a>
next, do some f'ing research, like the name of the "first female Native American to head a major tribe".
once you find that out, tell us all her name and her tribe.
next, check out the only veteran from Standing Rock buried at Arlington National Cemetery. killed before i was born.  once you find that out, tell us all his name.   then given these 3 publicly-accessible examples, tell me how it is that "the tribe" can never have heard of that family name on Standing Rock when it's all over their records.

California - moved there when i was 19, fresh out of boot camp, to attend Russian language school at the Defense Language Institute at the Presidio of Monterey. lived there 1 year. returned in 1985 to attend Berkeley. _enlisted_ in the US Navy, rate: Cryptologic Technician - Interpretive Branch. '76-80 (CTI3).

25 years of working on native issues here. 25 years of chicken-shit threats from Black Feather, Red Feather, wannabes. am still here. still protecting the mounds & sites.  if CITA was/is such "bullshit", tell us, - what group was it that took over Moccasin Bend and prevented city&county development on it? & - what group was it that got the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga to change its racist mascot?  - "The Red Feather Society of Wannabes"?  i don't think so. ;)

btw, that "One local chief [who] has called fpr [my] head" <lmao> - who could that be? that you think that such a thing exists - a "local chief" - already plainly says what side of the fraud spectrum you're on.

;>