Author Topic: Christina Galvez "Shaman", Reiki Master, Life Coach in Los Angeles, CA  (Read 5776 times)

onlytruthremains

Where I live, Christina Galvez is a big name in the faux-shaman business.

Of Mexican descent, she claims to be a "shaman" but like so many others, gives no information on her background or how she acquired this knowledge. It is sad when I see people of Latin American descent exploiting their own heritage (also my own heritage) in order to appear more "authentic" to the mostly white affluent people who seek them out and are prepared to spend $180/hr for a "shamanic journeying session". Besides claiming her great grandmother was a "Yaqui Indian", who taught her about the "healing properties of touch", it is not clear where she developed these "gifts" from.

https://christinagalvez.wordpress.com/bio/

These fake "shamans" are lining their own pocketbooks by means of complete deception.

In a day and age when you can find a "shaman" on Yelp, can you really trust that? Should you? Yet people do.

She has glowing reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/christina-galvez-los-angeles-2

Most written by users with fewer than 5 previous reviews. They are more than likely fake, or at the least, written by friends in order to boost her credibility and business.

A Google search of her name turns up this page: http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/christina_galvez where she claims to have a PhD. A PhD in what is anyone's guess.

3gypt11

Hello onlytruthremains -

I read through all of the whistles you blew on "faux hollywood shamans." I get very particular, also, about what "I THINK" is real and who isn't - as if it matters.

Between March 22, 2016 - March 27, 2016, you have 10 posts on a list of people you judge as 'frauds.' You are asking for research on them. The people you are calling "faux" are:

Sandra Ingerman
Paloma Cervantes 
Christina Galvez
Nabeel Asfar
Erika Buenaflor

Then, you post no more after that! Much like the inspired Yelper, you must have felt passionate and went to the interweb to crusade. I am responding to say that I also have met a lot of people who are not yet on par with the healing abilities one might require. I always just think of them as "still learning." I can't speak for all your list, but I am responding on Christina Galvez's page because she actually helped me better than any doctor I saw for more than 15 years of not getting the help I needed. I try not to let the fact that she is from LA work against her!

I am not her friend. I am just posting this because your voice in "requesting research" seems to already have a very strong opinion about these people.
[extended personal attack deleted]
 You were never asking for research, you could have called these people and checked with them.

Two years ago I posted a five star review on Christina Galvez's Yelp page and I only had one other yelp post before that ... I was inspired. I didn't have any posts in this forum but saw this and joined so I could respond to you. I understand you are concerned about who is real, but you [more personal attacks.] 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:02:05 pm by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
3gypt did a single hit and run post that was mostly attacking OTR. The worst of it, purely personal attacks, was deleted.

3gypt, if you see this, I urge you to come back and describe your experience beyond the vague bit you did in your single post. That would be far more helpful than bitter unprovoked personal attacks.

You also don''t seem to realize the first person OTR lists as fake actually is a fraud, a notorious one widely denounced. But your response was:

"I also have met a lot of people who are not yet on par with the healing abilities one might require. I always just think of them as "still learning."

That's very naive. Most people would think of such unhelpful would be "healers" as fraudulent con artists, self delusional, or even dangerous to the people they go to.

onlytruthremains

Hello onlytruthremains -

I read through all of the whistles you blew on "faux hollywood shamans." I get very particular, also, about what "I THINK" is real and who isn't - as if it matters.

Between March 22, 2016 - March 27, 2016, you have 10 posts on a list of people you judge as 'frauds.' You are asking for research on them. The people you are calling "faux" are:

Sandra Ingerman
Paloma Cervantes 
Christina Galvez
Nabeel Asfar
Erika Buenaflor

Then, you post no more after that! Much like the inspired Yelper, you must have felt passionate and went to the interweb to crusade. I am responding to say that I also have met a lot of people who are not yet on par with the healing abilities one might require. I always just think of them as "still learning." I can't speak for all your list, but I am responding on Christina Galvez's page because she actually helped me better than any doctor I saw for more than 15 years of not getting the help I needed. I try not to let the fact that she is from LA work against her!

I am not her friend. I am just posting this because your voice in "requesting research" seems to already have a very strong opinion about these people.
[extended personal attack deleted]
 You were never asking for research, you could have called these people and checked with them.

Two years ago I posted a five star review on Christina Galvez's Yelp page and I only had one other yelp post before that ... I was inspired. I didn't have any posts in this forum but saw this and joined so I could respond to you. I understand you are concerned about who is real, but you [more personal attacks.] 

I'm glad you found healing with Ms. Galvez. Yet that does not in any way make her a true "shaman" or less worthy of being held up for scrutiny when she uses the term "shaman" to describe herself while giving no details on how she came to acquire this title or purported healing skills. I made no personal attack on Ms. Galvez but only posted to bring attention to someone whose credentials are in doubt.

Because I have read this post long after it was posted, I am not able to read the personal attacks you made of me, nor am I interested in them. But such attacks are to be expected.

For the record, I have met Ms. Galvez and forgive me for saying so, but anyone remotely attuned to reading people would never mistake her for genuine. I'm sorry that you did and second educatedindian in saying "Most people would think of such unhelpful would be "healers" as fraudulent con artists, self delusional, or even dangerous to the people they go to".

There is a great difference between someone who is "still learning" and someone who takes on a title with a history and meaning which they have no real right to. A great difference between someone who is humbly "still learning" and someone who claims to be something they simply are not. The latter is called fraud. Anyone with credible credentials would be forthcoming about such credentials. To call oneself "shaman" and have it be so, is simply not enough. Yet it seems to be enough for many to justify spending great sums of money on.