Author Topic: Cherokeespirits.com....?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Ikooko Okurin

• One Wolf
Cherokeespirits.com....?
« on: November 24, 2015, 03:56:29 pm »
There's this website http://www.cherokeespirits.com/ on which there is some guy who goes by the name "Rain Warrior". I'm judging from his email address on the site that his real name is Aiden. He's selling Native American art etc under the Indian Arts and Crafts Act. However he's claiming to be of the Echota Cherokee Band which, if I'm not mistaken, is fraudulent or at least in some way not entirely legitimate(based on info here and around the web). So, I thought I'd bring it up just in case. His pictures really make me go "Hmmm....really now". I know it's not the typical case since this person is selling arts and crafts rather than spirituality, and hey maybe he is legit lol. Was just keeping an eye out.

Offline milehighsalute

Re: Cherokeespirits.com....?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:23:20 pm »
awhile back some of us expressed a section for art/music frauds.........maybe even actors like rick mora and jay tavares

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Cherokeespirits.com....?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 10:02:07 pm »
There's already a thread for musicians falsely claiming to be Native. There's several people with threads dedicated to them who violated the arts and crafts law. We could start one on faux Native actors, and it'd be a long list. I believe Native Celebs has done some discussion of the topic.