Author Topic: Chester Cleo Sherrow AKA Chief Little Summer  (Read 9163 times)

Epiphany

Chester Cleo Sherrow AKA Chief Little Summer
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:20:52 pm »
Nov 23, 1931 -  Jan 15, 2010

Wife uses name Warm Night Rain. They wrote a two volume book The Teachings for the Fourth Density Aquarian. along with other books.

He was born Shawnee and was elected Chief of the Hawk Clan by the unanimous vote of Winter Council of 1975. She was duly adopted into the Shawnee Nation in 1981 through Trial by Ordeal. This is a trying experience.

http://www.piquapress.com/wordpress/about-us/

Epiphany

Re: Chester Cleo Sherrow AKA Chief Little Summer
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 04:08:06 pm »
Chester Cleo "Chief Little Summer" Sherrow
Obituary

Sherrow, Chester Cleo
Nov. 23, 1931 - Jan. 15, 2010

Chief Little Summer, aka Chester Cleo Sherrow, 78, of Sarasota, died Jan. 15, 2010.
Services will be at a later date. National Cremation and Burial Society is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 29 years, Warm Night Rain, aka Kathleen of Sarasota.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/heraldtribune/obituary.aspx?page=notice&pid=138900443

--------
In 1940 US federal census Sherrow and family were in Indianapolis, Indiana, everyone white, both parents born in Indiana.

------
Chester Cleo Sherrow's grandparents:

Hasten L Sherrow http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sherrow&GSiman=1&GScid=2150776&GRid=12448930&
Dora (Laymon) Sherrow http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Sherrow&GSiman=1&GScid=2150776&GRid=12940404&

John Henry Kirchoff http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=28809744
Stella May (Turnmire) Kirchoff http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=28809726

All grandparents in Indiana and white in census.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 07:53:31 pm »
The Shawnee tribe that Sherrow was a part of was United Remnant Band. This is an unrecognized group that claims state recognition. We have threads in here on others in the URB like Jerry Pope and Dark Rain Thom. Some of the leaders of this are clearly less than ethical. Individuals in the URB are likely a mix of descendants as well as those who claim to be or wish they were. The clearest sign of this not being an actual tribe is their claim that the wife was "adopted" by "trial by ordeal." Someone has been seeing too many old Star Trek episodes...

If Sherrow had any distant ancestry or not, he clearly did not have a clue nor practice anything close to Shawnee tradition.

"On the Aries Full Moon of 1982 they celebrated Shamballa by uniting their energies..."

"The unique metaphysicians Chief Little Summer and Warm Night Rain have written a Four Volume Set of text books....
You will learn the easy and safe method of the celebrated and powerful Kundalini Meditation...
You can also tap into Intelligent Infinity, which is the Universal Mind or Cosmic Consciousness, and discover for yourself the secret mysteries of the Laws of Creation. Remember, the sure fire way to relieve the stress of life is through meditation and the Kundalini Meditation is the one method used throughout the universe. Learn the workings of the Laws of Fragmentation, the Seven Densities and the Seven Planes..."

So basically they took one part Euro astrology, one part pseudo-Buddhism, one part pseudo-Hinduism, and three or four parts who-knows-what Nuage gibberish. Seven densities, apparently one of them being a pretty thick head...

Usually when someone passes on we move it to Archives. The exception is always if their falsehoods are still out there harming and misleading others, which this clearly is.

Epiphany

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:25 am »
Warm Summer Rain is  Kathleen Sue (Kwantes) Sherrow. I assume Kwantes is her maiden name, though it could possibly be a prior married surname. She's from Michigan.

Kwantes looks to be a surname from the Netherlands. Looking over Kwantes families in Michigan, everyone appears to be ultimately from the Netherlands.

She still runs their company Piqua Press.

Founded in 1991, Piqua Press is an American Indian owned Corporation that is skillfully guided by a woman president. The word “Piqua” is a spiritual Shawnee word which means “He Who Arises From The Smoke & Ashes.”

Their "space age manifesto" THE PLAN includes:

Any male or female may produce no more than 2 live births.
Upon the birth of the second child, the male and/or female is appropriately neutered.
Births associated with previous partners are counted.
Multiple births demand instant neutering of both parents.
Failure of new born to survive a live birth does not make the exception.

http://www.piquapress.com/wordpress/the-plan/look-at-the-plan/

She's done some books with "Tekonsha, a Shawnee", that may be another pseudonym of Chester Cleo Sherrow's.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 01:28:14 am »
Their "space age manifesto" THE PLAN includes:

Any male or female may produce no more than 2 live births.
Upon the birth of the second child, the male and/or female is appropriately neutered.
Births associated with previous partners are counted.
Multiple births demand instant neutering of both parents.
Failure of new born to survive a live birth does not make the exception.

http://www.piquapress.com/wordpress/the-plan/look-at-the-plan/[/I :)

OMG! Does this whack job mean people should be neutured??
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:59:36 am by Diana »

Offline truthteller11

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 01:26:31 am »
I see that this has been quiet for some time; and, maybe I should leave it to die a peaceful death.  But, I have to say that not a one of you claim to ever have met either Chief LittleSummer or Warm Night Rain.  Maybe if you had you'd have something different to say.  We met when I lived in Sarasota.  When I would go there and he would open the door, it was like seeing lover personified.  This was before I ever spoke to him and before I had any expectations...good or bad.  Anyway, I've had many conversations with both Chief and WNR...I found them to be sweet, warm, and definitely knowledgeable.  Whether or not he was Native American or not...he definitely provided much in the way of untangling the knots in my soul chain.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 08:05:04 pm »
I see that this has been quiet for some time; and, maybe I should leave it to die a peaceful death.  But, I have to say that not a one of you claim to ever have met either Chief LittleSummer or Warm Night Rain.  Maybe if you had you'd have something different to say.  We met when I lived in Sarasota.  When I would go there and he would open the door, it was like seeing lover personified.  This was before I ever spoke to him and before I had any expectations...good or bad.  Anyway, I've had many conversations with both Chief and WNR...I found them to be sweet, warm, and definitely knowledgeable.  Whether or not he was Native American or not...he definitely provided much in the way of untangling the knots in my soul chain.

You really don't get it, do you? There wouldn't be a question (and this is a RESEARCH board) if he was not claiming to be Native.

I will also ask you a question: Why would you want to listen to someone who has proven to be someone who doesn't tell the truth? I asked that of a white friend who was saying how nice a local fraud was. She had no answer. Do you? Being "sweet" and "warm" has nothing to do with what they are claiming.

I don't know much about the Shawnee. But one of our members does and it would be interesting to hear what she has to say.

Offline Bears Ghost

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 09:40:36 am »
I was introduced to both of these ridiculous imposters by a friend who thought my usual interogation of people claiming native blood & medicine training would shake the nuts off the tree. Be fully assured that after ten minutes of the "chief's"bravado,I simply asked how someone with no community ties became a chief, he became defensive and vulgar.Needless to say, he publicly called me out. When given my family names & my own "pedigree",  Pabaksa Dakhota & Mandan,he was derided & asked to apologize. With one final cry of "you'll never understand", he left in a fit of righteous indignance. We dubbed the entire episode, "As the wasicu crumbles". Finding help or solace with the guidance of a lunatic is possible. However, it's the looking into yourself they inspire that actually may help you. Not the supposed titles and myriad disciplines they mash together.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 01:39:16 pm »
I always wonder about people who post things like

"I have to say that not a one of you claim to ever have met either Chief LittleSummer or Warm Night Rain.  Maybe if you had you'd have something different to say.  We met when I lived in Sarasota.  When I would go there and he would open the door, it was like seeing lover personified.  This was before I ever spoke to him and before I had any expectations...good or bad.  Anyway, I've had many conversations with both Chief and WNR...I found them to be sweet, warm, and definitely knowledgeable. "

So your telling us that you are sucker taken in by people who live a lie,its a lie to claim you are something you are not
In Spirit