Author Topic: Raven Kaldera "Northern Tradition Shaman"  (Read 61091 times)

Offline Awen

Raven Kaldera "Northern Tradition Shaman"
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 02:40:58 am »
Raven has nothing to do with Native practices and says so. He does everything for free unless you want to pay him in gift certificates. The term shaman is an invention by German "anthropologists" (whatever that means especially then) working for Russia. It's possibly used by one tribe but it seems to be generally connected to holy person like a Buddhist monk would have. The Buddhists stole a lot culturally wherever they went. Eliade made up the modern idea of shaman out of things that Victorian audience loved, exotic etc. It's just a modern term. What Raven does is modern. He says that. He genetically is Scandinavian and Saami if that matters. Instead of stealing from Native Americans and other indigenous peoples, his path is all based on his own heritage. He's certainly not cashing in, he cates for a family of 4 who are all disabled and haven't won SSDI or SSI along with a homestead. He's targeted by Neo Nazis, a much more real threat to anyone indigenous. There's much bigger problems than this. He's in poverty helping people (he's very talented and amazingly generous) with no illusions to being anything other than he says and he's much more an ally in the big picture than a threat to anyone indigenous. Being born intersexed, he's NOT a white MAN. Quite sad that people are dividing over such minute things when the Neo Nazis and many other groups will happily mow us all down. I support the Lakota war on people stealing the Sweat Lodge ceremony although I see Abenaki leaders use Sun Bear's books to lead rituals, very very different nations. Are the Abenaki an enemy because the religion many follow as their own is Sun Bear and most are mostly French white? I'm very confused about this site. It used to be so good focusing imposters like Death Ray. Are there not enough people playing wanna be and charging money for it anymore that your enemies now aren't even people who pretend to be indigenous and don't charge money?

Offline Awen

Re: Raven Kaldera "Northern Tradition Shaman"
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 02:47:04 am »
He's amazing activist for trans and intersexed persons. He was born intersexed. His books on the topic are very well received in the neopagan trans community. He works for free mostly while supporting a family of 4 disabled trans gendered persons, none have disability.

Offline Awen

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 03:13:44 am »
Here it is 19 years after I went to a therapist to get help for having been abused, having severe anxiety issues, and wanting to learn how to not be abused anymore. I still haven't gotten that help. But I got this story. And a lot worse. My PTSD is more severe now that I know there is no help. I cannot trust anyone. I don't think I can get better because there are no trained people to help persons with PTSD who have been raped.
Northern Tradition shaman Raven Kaldera http://www.northernshamanism.org/readings.html recently told me that the Gods chose me as a sacrifice. "It was not personal. They needed someone to experience this and help others, and you were chosen because you wouldn't die, and most people would not have made it. You've lost your freedom because you were God-touched."
And so here I am."

I AMTHAT POOR GIRL BEING"Abused". You have NO CLUE OF THE TRUTH. READ THIS IF YOU DARE. IT'S SO DEGRADING THAT YOU PICK THAT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING IT, AND TRY TO Capitalize on my SUFFERING. any of you ever talk to the people he's helped? No. It's just pick and choose to attack people. He's given me so much material help, tried to build a safe wheelchair for me for free, he's NEVER SAID THE GODS HAD ME RAPED. Get FACTS. I can't believe years ago I supposed this site.
https://heatherawen.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/the-icarus-project-raven-kaldera-and-me-stop-the-rumors/

Since this doesn't help your case against him and you can't use me as a poster girl anymore I'm sure now I'm an enemy. Who cares that we're all targets of the same people and systems. Let's get hung up on this one sided stuff and forget about indigenous rights, Climate Chaos, addiction, multinational corporations, poverty, Environmental Justice, racism, I'm sure this is more important. What happened to this site? It used to protect people from those claiming to be Native American or First Nations making money stealing from cultures. I do so much work stopping that BS with white people guided by Harner and an Indian (what tribe? They don't know!) spirit guide. I'm now a bad person right? Because of one friendship with the ONLY spiritual person I know who helps others for free. He knows I'm not into Ordeal Path. That's a tiny thing in his work and it's not based on the sun dance, it's because SOME people have spiritual experiences when in pain. Christians and Wiccans have the whip to hit their backs with, yogis lie on bed f nails.

There's so many threats to the lives of indigenous peoples, what happened to this site?

Offline Sparks

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 12:05:07 pm »
Here it is 19 years after I went to a therapist to get help for having been abused, having severe anxiety issues, and wanting to learn how to not be abused anymore. I still haven't gotten that help. But I got this story. And a lot worse. My PTSD is more severe now that I know there is no help. I cannot trust anyone. I don't think I can get better because there are no trained people to help persons with PTSD who have been raped.
Northern Tradition shaman Raven Kaldera http://www.northernshamanism.org/readings.html recently told me that the Gods chose me as a sacrifice. "It was not personal. They needed someone to experience this and help others, and you were chosen because you wouldn't die, and most people would not have made it. You've lost your freedom because you were God-touched."
And so here I am."

I AMTHAT POOR GIRL BEING"Abused". You have NO CLUE OF THE TRUTH. READ THIS IF YOU DARE. IT'S SO DEGRADING THAT YOU PICK THAT WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING IT, AND TRY TO Capitalize on my SUFFERING. any of you ever talk to the people he's helped? No. It's just pick and choose to attack people. He's given me so much material help, tried to build a safe wheelchair for me for free, he's NEVER SAID THE GODS HAD ME RAPED. Get FACTS. I can't believe years ago I supposed this site.
https://heatherawen.wordpress.com/2015/02/24/the-icarus-project-raven-kaldera-and-me-stop-the-rumors/

To understand what the above quoute is about (I had a hard time) one must go back to the very first post in this thread:

Here's a *brief* look into the ugliness of RK's methodology.
I find his entire ethos to be foul.  The "ordeal shaman master" stuff most of all because it hurts already hurting people.

A personal blog entry by a woman afflicted with PTSD http://theicarusproject.net/false-memories/19-years-riding-mental-hellth-train says at the very bottom:
And so here I am."

This poor person, whomever she is, feels doomed because of the weird pernicious influence exerted by Kaldera.  He has an office in Fitchburg MA and takes 'clients' http://www.northernshamanism.org/raven/shamanic-readings.html
Given the mental health problems of those who are drawn to him (as above) this appears a serious violation of licensure to be a truly therapeutic professional.