Author Topic: Tom Blue Wolf  (Read 16639 times)

Offline sapa

Tom Blue Wolf
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:57:25 pm »
Hope I copy and pasted this right. Received in an email from a herb shop I once bought some vitamins from.
Looks like we missed another "good sweat"....ugh....anyone know this guy

show details Jun 20 (6 days ago)

Greetings all, Here it is for those who have been asking about the NEXT Lodge with Tom Bluewolf.   It’ Sat. June 26th…. It looks like a wonderful one… Hope you can attend.  Blessings of Joy, Sally

WHAT: Give Away Full Moon Lodge

WHEN:   Saturday, June 26th

START TIME: 11am

END TIME: 8pm

WHERE: Stone Peoples Lodge on Fort Mountain (call or email for directions)  

DONATION:  It has been suggested by the Elders that a minimum donation of at least $25.00 is the amount neccesary for the sustainability of this monthly ceremonial event. It is a heart felt gesture indeed and one that only begins to reflect the basic premise of this ceremonys "equitable exchanges of energy". The deeper you look the deeper you get.

Bring a dish to share for 'after' the lodge

* "This is a most extraordinary moon. Please bring a special 'gift' of significance to 'give away' at this event. You will also be able to select an item to 'take away' from this event. Call us if you have any questions or concerns about this tradition."

Greetings,

I hope this email finds you in the best of spirits. We are now at the first phase of our summer seasonal relationship for 2010 in the story of our lives in preparation for the Summer Soltice while traveling through the cosmic blue electric storm now going on in our solar system. The Flaming Star Nebula is traveling with the Dog Star and her sister is traveling with the Dove, we are reflecting the dynamics of the deep space movement and more than honored to receive the dreams and visions of this first Full moons heart transition into the beginning of summer for 2010 and to what it means to be strong in our creation process. This first full moon of summer, the Give away Full Moon Lodge, will be celebrated on Saturday, June 26th; we will light the fire at 11am. The first 25 lodge keepers to arrive will have the option of the space available inside the lodge after that it depends on what space is available.  There has never been a time such as this in any tribal knowledge and/or prophecy of memory while on this planet.

As always, the tradition of creating healing space in and around the lodge for Mothers creation process to take place in the most Sacred and Honored way, will be the most revered priority.  

As the Mothers magnetic field drops and her temperature rises we get closer to the time of the 'great' cleansing. This is the perfect time to strengthen the core of our being as we shed that which no longer serves us and surrender to the courage that lies deep in our rootedness. The over harvesting of all the various life forms that make up her body has compromised her immune system. If we are not the ones doing the harvesting then we will be the ones that are harvested.  The Give Away Moon Ceremony asks us to celebrate the dreams that lie at the core of our being and learn the meaning of "Giving away that which is sacred to us to make room for what the Creator has next for us,"  as we move towards the deepest parts of our/her heart. This rooted-nurturing-Blue-Electric Storm ceremony will give us the best opportunity thus far to “embrace the strength and courage that resides in the depths of our being”.  

The opportunity to stand in the light of this Junes Give Away "grandmother" is a very extraordinary time during the co-creation process of taking responsiblity for manifesting our reality, while deepening our ability to give and receive love, will prepare us for this first moon of summer, the Give Away Moon of June, with its deep commitment to the contemplation and patience needed for learning the great lesson of Giving Away with the universal force. There is much turbulence in the mother’s immune system at this time so we are to connect more than ever with our own immune system in order to strengthen hers. When she is hurting we are hurting, when we are hurting she is hurting. We are one with the mother. This moon is a portal of energy assisting us in the spiritual, physical  and emotional immune cleansing process needed for what lies just ahead to transport us to the next level of our transformation. We are a significant part of the mother’s immune system. When she is strong we are strong, when we are strong she is strong. May you enjoy good health and prosper more than ever.

Again I am reminding you that Saturday, June 26th is the lodge ceremony for the Great Give Away Moon. It’s the first full moon of summer and a dynamic portal into the co-creation process as we segway from finding out how to Flow with the Flower Moon to being accountable for thier manifestation into reality and enter into the first full moon of the summer season, "giving Away". This is a special time of preparation and a time to enjoy the timelessness of our essence. This is a traditional time of deep introspection and contemplation. When you plan what to bring for the pot luck think in terms of the stamina building we will need for the core-meaning of our relationship with this years creative challenges. When you think in terms of the "Give Away" think in terms of making room for something even more Sacred than before.

We will ceremony with our 'grandmother’ and all of our relations through gratitude for all the blessings that have been given to us. We also celebrate the medicine of our heart for what we will be healing and the seeds that we will be sowing during the next 13 moons.  I hope you will be able to attend. We will continue to work on ourselves until everyone feels it.

Just so you know, a person doesn’t always enter into the lodge; there is much about the ceremony that goes on outside the lodge. Outside the lodge are many ways and many opportunities to serve and to attend those that go inside the lodge as well as ways of being with the ancestors.  

This particular moon will provide a portal for us to “strengthen our immunity and develop courage while experiencing traveling in and with the "Great Cosmic Give Away". This moon will also provide the opportunity to speak our hearts desires, to be able to receive the power of our convictions needed to move through the world as if we were next to a woman we loved and adored and she was about to give birth. The old people say that the universe will rearrange itself to accommodate our perception of reality. The old ones say this will inspire us to want to raise the level of our personal poetry so that every thing we say is a reflection of our perception of the highest characteristics of what it means to be human. Now that we have remembered how to manifest, and have opened our hearts to flowing with life, experience the wonderfulness of the big give-away, this celebration moon lodge is the heart and soul of our Grand Mother. We can co-create and make our best life decisions from this place in the joy of the deep and meaningful atmosphere of what it means to Give that which is most meaningful to us. If you have a drum or rattle or other musical instrument that can be used as a listening device please bring them with you.  

Please let us know if you plan to spend the night in the mountains so that we may be able to help you find suitable accommodations. I am including the lodge protocol for your reading enjoyment, to inform you of the basic lodge procedures and for anyone you may plan to invite. If you need directions don’t hesitate to contact me.  

We plan to light the fire at 11AM, that’s a perfect time to be here. I look forward to being in ceremony with you. Our words have already been spoken for us before time; we simply must walk backwards into them. Soon we and our loved ones will be able to catch up to at least the second echo from the one true voice. The next several months are crucial for the future of our loved ones and our community. What we do at this time and how we hold ourselves in relationship to our Grand Mother is critical.

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns around this lodge. I will be with you in spirit at this ceremony.  On this most special occession we are honored to have SONYA DAVIS pouring for our lodge.

Kindly remember that we do not wish to offend anyone; however we ask everyone that attends these ceremonies to honor this sacred occasion and maintain the utmost sobriety before, during and hopefully after the rebirth into this new world. This is absolutely critical to our process and an essential indication of reverence and respect for this place.  

I greatly appreciate your co-creation and cooperation with this request. Please scroll down to read the article of protocol on the Stone Peoples Lodge. God loves you and so do I.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THOROUGHLY,  THANK YOU.

The Stone Peoples Lodge

¹ îWí ¹

The stone peoples lodge (often called a ‘sweat lodge’) is an ancient method of cleansing found in many cultures around the world such as the European sauna and Russian sweat bath as well as the sweat ceremony of Africa.  The purpose, style, and use of the sweat vary among cultures.  Here in the United States, the First Nation People (aka Native Americans) used the sweat lodge not only as a means of purification, but as a very sacred act of healing through prayer.   Nations of the northeast, southeast, west, and northwest differed in the way they built and conducted their sweat lodges.  Here in the southeast, the structure at one time was typically an earth mound or small cave dug into the side of a hill by a stream.

The rocks are heated in an outside fire and brought into our small, round, covered lodge where ‘doctored’ water is poured over them.  The conduct of our sweat lodge is led in the tradition of the ‘Star Clan-Little Bear’ Creek people of the Chiaha.

Although the sweat lodge is a very healing experience, it is not recommended for everyone.  People suffering from certain lung diseases, heart conditions, and other ailments such as fibromyalgia, should exercise caution in choosing to do a sweat lodge.  As well, one should only come to a sweat when they are ready to surrender and be cleansed.   One should enter a sweat with reverence, a clear mind, and a pure heart - open and willing to experience transformation and release.

To honor the lodge for which you are preparing, it is customary to fast for some duration prior to entering the lodge.  Fasting is a means of slowing down the physical processes of the body allowing energy to focus on consciousness instead.  It is also a way to show reverence for and detachment from the material world.  If fasting is not an option, drinking pure water and limiting food intake to raw fruits and vegetables provides a form of “fasting” that recognizes preparation for the lodge.  As well, prayer and time spent meditating on the purpose of your sweat lodge should be exercised as far in advance as possible to prepare for the sweat. On the day of the ceremony it is customary to arrive in time to participate in the entire process of creating the experience. From choosing the stones, getting the wood, securing the blankets, preparing the area, working with the food, honoring the altar, the making of prayer ties, and a host of other activities in and around the lodge itself. We suggest that those that would like to participate show up as early as possible. Think of this as an all day event or at least half a day. Having said this, do not let this deter you from seeking the healing of the lodge if your time is just too limited. Also realize that not everyone goes into the lodge. There is plenty to do around the lodge to assist in creating the sacred healing space needed to conduct the lodge. It’s critical to the success of the lodge to have enough support for the lodge.

Once preparations have been made and you are ready to sweat, here are some recommendations for the actual participation:

Protocol and Tradition:

There are traditional and ceremonial ways of a sweat lodge that you will be made aware of before entering the lodge. It is however inappropriate to bring alcohol, drugs, weapons of any kind or profane language to the ceremony. We also suggest that if you must smoke for recreation we will have a designated place for this.

Clothing:        

You will want to take off any jewelry or contact lenses or glasses before entering the lodge.  Those with long hair may be more comfortable with it pulled up.  Light and loose fitting clothing is highly recommended.  Gym shorts, T-shirts, bathing-suit trunks, and sundresses are commonly worn. Bring at least two towels to use inside the lodge and for cleaning up afterward. Bring warm clothing to put on after the sweat such as sweat pants and jerseys.  The night air in the mountains can be cool.

Moontime:    

Women on their “Moontime” or menstrual period will not want to enter the lodge, but are encouraged to come and be present in ceremony and support for the lodge.  Moontime is a powerful energy time that is traditionally highly respected and revered.

Food:  

There is no eating before the lodge, but a potluck “mostly” vegetarian meal will follow.  Please bring a “dish” or food item to share for the meal.

Offerings:      

Ceremonies at the Stone Peoples Lodge are free of charge; however, it is customary and fitting to prepare an offering in exchange for the upkeep and preparation of the lodge and the lodge grounds and to assist in creating an intentional space for our spiritual community to grow. The Stone Peoples Lodge is a gathering of our spiritual community, an extraordinary healing experience and a deep and profound awareness of all our relations. With this type of visit in mind your monetary donation of support (a minimum suggested donation of $25.00 per person has been initiated by the elders of the community) will help us to be able to continue this ancient tradition of the “Healing Hot-House” known in Creek as the ‘Asi’ or Spirit Place. .  If there is any question regarding the monetary gift/offering don’t hesitate to contact us to inquire about this traditional custom.

Thank You and I look forward to being in ceremony with you.

î ¹ í

Peace,

Tom Bluewolf

Earthkeepers

One Tribe Trading Company

POBox 333

Talking Rock, GA 30175

Land 706-517-0545

Cell   770-337-8735

www.earthkeepers.net

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Tom Blue Wolf
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:42:15 pm »
His real name is Tom Goodman. Musician and involved in all kinds of green causes, plus a view that seem like almost survivalist to me. He's listed as "Star Clan Faithkeeper and a Tribal Ambassador for the Lower Creek." I suppose he's a goodwill ambassador kind of thing. Wm Anderson promotes him, and he works with a fraud in Africa, Credo Mutwa.

His site.
http://www.earthkeepers.net/wolf/aboutUs.html

He also says he is a "charter member of the World Council of Elders." Is that this group mentioned in another thread?
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1760.0;wap2

Also says he's in the Indigenous Healers Assn. The only mention I found of that, besides sites about Goodman, is this person as a member. And she seems like althealing and a pyschologist.
http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/kellylynnkellyn_danyluk.html

The Lower Creek have state recog in Alabama. I found some comments online asking why don't they try for federal recog if they're a legit group, but nothing that points to anything dubious.

Goodman claims that the sweat is really a traditional Muscogee lodge. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any sign that the Muscogee ever traditionally did sweats.

Offline sapa

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:32:52 pm »
I dont know about the Muscokee sweating but all of his diatribe seems like a crock and the "suggested donation 0f $25.00" by the elders, well Ive never heard an elder say anything like that.

Offline ATLpeace

• Hi. My name is John
    • Atlanta: City of Peace
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 07:45:42 pm »
Greetings from Atlanta: City of Peace.

Hello "sapa" (originator of this post) and "educated indian" (forum administrator).

My name is John and I would like to kindly request that you remove this entire thread and post because it does nothing but call into question the good character of a fine brother in our global family. I happen to personally know Tom Blue Wolf. He has a good heart and if you would allow yourselves the chance to go visit him and get to know him (before writing harmful words that has now been seen by 2,800+ visitors) then you would be embarrassed by your dividing actions.

Perhaps his First Nation's teachings may not meet your expectations, but they've certainly met mine and many others. Above all, he focuses on teaching about ONE LOVE and that we are all an integral part of ONE TRIBE (Humanity). This is unifying and important in this new era of transformation that we are all a part of.

IF Tom Blue Wolf's heart, mind and teachings do not resonate with you, then please consider this teaching by my own mother, and many other enlightened mothers.

"If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing."
--- in memory of my dearly departed mom

Perhaps this favorite quote by Chief Seattle (1780-1866) will help you to further reconsider. He spoke about ''the web" 200 years before the Internet! He stated:

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web,
we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."

In closing "sapa" and "educated indian", it's my hope that i might be able to meet you 'down-the-road.' I celebrate my connection to you, Tom Blue Wolf and everyone. WE are integral siblings in our global family and, hopefully, always willing to take the high road to elevate the sojourns of others on Mother Earth.

Peace, love and happiness to you and your families,
Your devoted brother in our global family,
John
PS
This video better supports my 'connected' point...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk

Epiphany

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »
He is still listed here: http://www.mythicjourneys.org/guest_wolf.html

Tom is a Native American Spiritual Guide, Tribal Ambassador, Peacemaker, and Faithkeeper. He is a musician, artist, herbalist, naturopath, environmentalist, author, and lecturer. Tom was born in Southern Alabama, raised and taught in the traditional ways by his Creek Grandparents. Tom has tribal affiliation with the Y’falla Band, Star Clan of the Eastern Lower Muscogee Creek Nation.

According to the Georgia corporation search, Earthkeepers and Company was dissolved in 2008. Under the name Tom Blue Wolf he now has the for profit Earthkeepers One Tribe Trading Company, Inc.

http://www.onetribetrading.com/about-us/

We are EarthKeepers, descendants of the AniCoosa,“peaceful people,” known to others as a part of the Muscogee Creek Nation. The Muscogee are people of the roots and herbs. The southeastern United States is our original homeland and is to us the heart of Turtle Island, the legendary name used to describe the sacred continent of North America.

Epiphany

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 08:54:19 pm »
He sells a version of Essiac, which we've discussed here on the forum: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=3226.0

Muscogee Tea – often compared to various Essiac formulas, is a traditional herbal ceremonial cleansing blend formulated by a small clan over 500 years ago.

Muscogee Tea is based on the original herbal remedy passed down through the indigenous Southeastern Woodland people and was the inspiration for Rene Caisse’s more recent Canadian version.

http://www.onetribetrading.com/

One of the testimonials on his main page speaks of cancer and the use of one of his salves, ideally he would not use this quote. The quote may not outright claim that the salve cures cancer, but it is close.

Good info on "cancer salves": http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/manualhealingandphysicaltouch/cancer-salves

Epiphany

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:05:17 pm »
ATLpeace / John R Naugle promotes:

John R. Naugle? > Earthkeepers One Tribe Trading Company
January 12, 2012 ·
I have used the natural healing remedies of Tom Blue Wolf and Earthkeepers. I can easily recommend them to everyone else. If you ever have the opportunity, ask him to tell you the amazing story about the hundreds of natural medicines that have been used for many, many generations of first nation's peoples who traveled to 'collect' them within "the Heart of the Turtle" (the geographic area widely surrounding what is now commonly referred to as Atlanta). Peace and one love...

https://www.facebook.com/cohuttawatershed/posts/324556630910017

Epiphany

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 09:14:46 pm »
Here he is holding forth on sweat lodges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUQAN-W8foI

He says he is a naturopath. He is in Georgia, which does not license naturopaths:

At this time, the state of Georgia does not license Naturopathic Medicine which is understandably confusing for the public: anyone at this time may adopt the term “naturopath” however, very few in the State of Georgia who use and advertise this term are actually graduates from formal 4-year federally accredited medical schools.

http://www.ganp.org/About-Us.html

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 11:42:44 pm »
ATL peace,

You said:

Perhaps his First Nation's teachings may not meet your expectations, but they've certainly met mine and many others. Above all, he focuses on teaching about ONE LOVE and that we are all an integral part of ONE TRIBE (Humanity). This is unifying and important in this new era of transformation that we are all a part of.

IF Tom Blue Wolf's heart, mind and teachings do not resonate with you, then please consider this teaching by my own mother, and many other enlightened mothers.

This is very much new age bs to many Native people. Are you Native? If you are a white man then maybe you need to educate yourself on why Indigenous people find ceremony selling and pan-Indianism so offensive.

Also, I want to point out That THIS:

"Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web,
we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."

was NEVER said by Chief Seattle. I live on the Suquamish reservation, three blocks from his grave and 2 blocks from the tribes museum. This bit you quoted was from a speech by a white man named Ted Perry who never said he was quoting Cjief Seattle, but instead said he was INSPIRED by him.

Here is info from snopes about Ted Perry's speech:

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/seattle.asp

And from the Suquamish Tribe's own website, the REAL speech by Chief Seattle.:

http://suquamish.nsn.us/HistoryCulture/Speech.aspx

Please desist from spreading the fake speech. It is offensive to his people and to his descendants. And yes, I know some of his descendants of both this tribe and the Duwamish tribe.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:49:39 pm by debbieredbear »

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 11:47:56 pm »
And I want to point out that the Chief did not say we are all one. In fact he said:

How can your God become our God and renew our prosperity and awaken in us dreams of returning greatness? If we have a common Heavenly Father He must be partial, for He came to His paleface children. We never saw Him. He gave you laws but had no word for His red children whose teeming multitudes once filled this vast continent as stars fill the firmament. No; we are two distinct races with separate origins and separate destinies. There is little in common between us.

http://suquamish.nsn.us/HistoryCulture/Speech.aspx

I am so sick of non Native people trying to claim that he said we are all one using that phoney assed speech!