Author Topic: Re: Calvin Tatsey & The Red Nation Society  (Read 30014 times)

Yorkielass

Re: Calvin Tatsey & The Red Nation Society
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 09:28:47 pm »
How many of your 'real life' friends do you speak to every single day for over an hour at a time and how many of them do you trust with your private thoughts?

I know Calvin simply because I sense when people are good and trustworthy, even on the internet you can sense things from the way people write. So to to say I 'know people' from the internet is perfectly true for me.

Unfortunately most peole do not use the sense they were born with, and only see words and judge people on them, I see sentiments in those words and I know when someone is giving me BS and when they're not. I sense everything simply by words written and words spoken so please do not insult my intelligence.

Calvin does not give BS and neither does he take it and neither do I, why should he?

Re: Re: Calvin Tatsey & The Red Nation Society
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2010, 10:23:52 pm »
just FYI, I was in no way insulting or trying to insult your intelligence. I guess you couldn't sense that tho.. sorry, just had to say.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Yorkielass

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 01:39:49 am »
Thats ok Critter I understand you weren't insulting me, I also understand what you were trying to say too and I agree with you to a point, .but I have a gift for reading between lines and understanding people from their writing, I would never say that I know people if I have never read or seen a lot of their work, and I have never found anything that Calvin has said that he hasn't backed up with facts or proof, therefore I can honestly say he is a truthful and honest man as far as I am concerned, others may disagree and that is fine, each person is entitled to their opinion of others.

Piya,
You are right I am from England, I was born in Scotland though and spent so long in Yorkshire I was welcomed and adopted by the Yorkshire people, so I can proudly call myself a Yorkshire Lass.

Everyone,
Please don't think that TRNS is a bad site or even a fake site, the only way you will learn of this site and the people in it is through Joining it and getting to know one or two of us. It is a very Philanthropic site learning about all peoples from native lands and nations. Please don't ctiticise it from another persons perspective, join it yourself and find out.

Kay153

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 06:54:35 am »
Hello,

I am also a member of The Red Nation Society and have been helped amazingly by the man Calvin Tatsey and the website, itself.  The Question was, does anyone know Calvin Tatsey, and my answer is "yes", I do.

Now, what's the next question, that Yorkielass hasn't already covered in her fabulous post?

To directly quote as to re-iterate facts:

" 1. Mr Tatsey is not the owner of Ning, he is however the webmaster of The Red Nation Society. This site uses the Ning platform of which Mr Tatsey only has one group.

2. The Red Nation Society is a group of people all learning from each other and helping one another along lifes path, through respect, peace, love and understanding. In TRNS, there are many people who have talents for very many things and if a person has a particular passion for something they can set up a discussion group about it in TRNS.

3 If you are expecting a meally mouthed Indian Gentleman who will say yes sir, no sir, etc etc, then be prepared to be disappointed when you meet Mr Tatsey. He is not a man to hide his feelings but neither will he take rubbish from people, he is definitely not a 'yes' man. But he is intensely proud of his heritage and rightly so when you see pictures of his family past, he is definitely Blackfoot Montana as all his family were and he is certainly pure Native American.

4.Mr Tatsey has two Masters degrees and is a Former Police Officer amongst other things, so I really rather doubt any of you really know him. He is a writer but has never been a reporter.

5. Mr Tatsey runs TRNS for everyone to learn of the Native way from all nations, it is the way we learn about Native peoples of other Countries too. After all every Country has native people. Since January 2010 when I joined I have never seen any Wicca sub group and I have joined them all! 
TRNS teaches respect and tolerance for all, from a True Native American perspective led by a  51/64th's American Indian blood total Blackfoot Indian."

So, onto the next queston, please, and not the next attack.  Thank you for taking the time to read this post,
Kay153

Re: Re: Calvin Tatsey & The Red Nation Society
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 07:11:23 am »
Thats ok Critter I understand you weren't insulting me, I also understand what you were trying to say too and I agree with you to a point, .but I have a gift for reading between lines and understanding people from their writing,

not meaning to side track the thread, but i don't care for your claims. leaving it now.
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2010, 01:54:20 pm »
Hello,

I am also a member of The Red Nation Society and have been helped amazingly by the man Calvin Tatsey and the website, itself.  The Question was, does anyone know Calvin Tatsey, and my answer is "yes", I do.

Now, what's the next question, that Yorkielass hasn't already covered in her fabulous post?

...3 If you are expecting a meally mouthed Indian Gentleman who will say yes sir, no sir, etc etc, then be prepared to be disappointed when you meet Mr Tatsey. He is not a man to hide his feelings but neither will he take rubbish from people, he is definitely not a 'yes' man. But he is intensely proud of his heritage and rightly so when you see pictures of his family past, he is definitely Blackfoot Montana as all his family were and he is certainly pure Native American.

4.Mr Tatsey has two Masters degrees and is a Former Police Officer amongst other things, so I really rather doubt any of you really know him. He is a writer but has never been a reporter.

5. Mr Tatsey runs TRNS for everyone to learn of the Native way from all nations, it is the way we learn about Native peoples of other Countries too. After all every Country has native people. Since January 2010 when I joined I have never seen any Wicca sub group and I have joined them all!  
TRNS teaches respect and tolerance for all, from a True Native American perspective led by a  51/64th's American Indian blood total Blackfoot Indian."

So, onto the next queston, please, and not the next attack.  Thank you for taking the time to read this post,
Kay153

Where to begin?

9/10s of your posts are posting things about him like you were an agent promoting his resume, volunteering information no one asked for and I doubt any of us care about, like BQ, degrees, etc. Those have never been issues.

The most important thing to me to point out is that in none of your posts so far have you addressed the most important point:

Why does Tatsey host so much false information and lies about Native peoples on his site?

As I pointed out before you got here (and was quoted) Tatsey is no fraud. But he does host them and allow them free reign on his site.

Standing up strong is a good thing, but it seems he has not stood up at all for the truth about his people, since lies about Natives are all over the site.

And for you to say you equate politeness with weakness, that is just strange. Equally strange is your claim how he "helped you enormously". It sounds suspiciously like other claims of Europeans who are dabbling in what they misinterpret to be Native spiritual traditions. Hopefully that is not you.

Since Tatsey is your good friend, please pass along the most important message you can get from in here:

Mr. Tatsey, please stop allowing New Age hucksters to promote their lies and abuse on your site. You do enormous harm to not only Natives, but to non Natives wanting to learn.

We have threads in here on the Germans imposters posing as Indians, calling themselves Tacansina and Firewalker, and on the extremely dangerous cult called the Deer Tribe, plus on the harm and disrespect done by Pay to Pray false versions of ceremonies. I urge you, Yorkielass, to read them also.

Yorkielass

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2010, 02:15:51 pm »
I have read those things that Firewalker has written and believe none of them, I also know quite a bit about him too. and that is why I only trust the true things that I can verify with a lot of facts and proof from various places if something doesn't ring true then it is disguarded instantly and proved to be false information, Just as Calvin does. Plus many others on TRNS do too.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2010, 02:25:07 pm »
Please, let's use his real name, William Jervis, and not feed his delusion by calling him Firewalker.

Since many can clearly see he's a fraud, why allow him and others like him a platform on a Native site? Esp since there are many nonNatives on that site (or visitors to that site) who may not know any better and be misled.

Yorkielass

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2010, 03:18:12 pm »
I do apologise Educatedindian, I should have done that and I am sorry I never thought, I should have called him William Jervis, you are right.

blackfeet4ever

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 05:25:12 am »
Oki Kathryn:

I see that you’re a “Global Moderator,” [long childish rant removed]

By-the-way, here’s some definitions of, “Fraud,” as in the “F” from “NAFPS” as follows, “…something said or done to deceive; trick; artifice; a person who deceives or who is not what he or she pretends to be; impostor; cheat…”.

[More childishness removed]

Sincerely,

Big Gun Sees Good, aka, Calvin Tatsey
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:13:30 am by Kathryn »

blackfeet4ever

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 05:50:46 am »
educatedindian:

I’m surprised!  Where are your credentials?  “Educated,” means that someone possesses a degree or diploma; where are yours?

[identical childish rant]

Now please tell me, who are you, what are you educated in and what is your, “real name”?

Sincerely,

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:46:14 pm by educatedindian »

blackfeet4ever

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 05:58:01 am »
Critter:

What do you mean, “not meaning to side track the thread, but i don't care for your claims. leaving it now”?

[third childish rant]

Sincerely,

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:46:55 pm by educatedindian »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 06:58:35 pm »
educatedindian:

I’m surprised!  Where are your credentials?  “Educated,” means that someone possesses a degree or diploma; where are yours?

[identical childish rant]

Now please tell me, who are you, what are you educated in and what is your, “real name”?

Sincerely,

Hello Mr. Tatsey,

Acting like a four year old doesn't impress anyone. Anything which sidetracks the discussion gets removed. Period.

And thanks for showing everyone you're too lazy to even look around before launching attacks without cause and making yourself look foolish.
This is me, degrees included:
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1710.0

I've never hidden who I am and have always been quite open about it. Sure, sometimes idiots and crazies attack me, but that's a small price to pay for defending tradition. And that's something we've been doing more than a decade before you even thought of starting your RNS website, fighting the good fight, working with other activists, elders, anyone with a good heart wanting to do what's right. We're quite proud of all the people we've helped.

Lots of good people we've worked with. Again, if you'd bothered to look before launching your unprovoked childish personal attacks, you'd have see this:
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1235.0

Let's try one more time, Mr. Tatsey:

Why do you host frauds, liars, and imposters on your site? Namely two Germans who pose as Indian, Wm Jervis AKA Firewalker, and Kohfink AKA "Tacansina", plus one member of the very dangerous Deer Tribe cult, a cult which abuses women and disrespects Indian traditions.

Your defenders in here so far are two Europeans. No Indians, just Europeans who tell us it's a good place to learn. Why have frauds and exploiters at your site then? Don't their lies undercut the whole purpose of your site?

And as a final note to both Mr. Tatsey and his supporters:

If you want to debate NAFPS policy, make another thread for it. Sidetracks won't be allowed. Quit trying to weasel out of the question.

ETA: Apparently if Tatsey couldn't flame away and avoid the questions, he doesn't want to hang around. Can't say we're surprised, he did the same elsewhere with some AIM members, and it probably spooked him when he saw we've long worked with AIM chapters. What's amusing is how he coordinated this with his European fan club, and seemingly has no Indian supporters willing to come here. The three of them left literally within a few minutes of each other.

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 01:37:31 am »
I know this is an old dead thread but I was reading the comment section on that rainbow blog spot midwest or new england gathering and came across old Clavin Tatsey msg'ing the hippy dippy rainbows and offering his "services".
Thought it was kind of interesting. Link is below.

http://midwestornewenglandgathering2015.blogspot.com/2015/06/black-hills-rainbow-gathering-and-lakota.html?showComment=1434351774181&m=1#c1339122831543731849

Calvin TatseyJune 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Why even feel obligated to asking Arvol Looking Horse, or the US Forest Service for permission to do what thousands of people, including foreign tourists, do every year without having to ask? Go there; do that; get it done!

If you need Looking Horse’s statement of support for something so important as visiting so that your people can pray for peace and World improvement and Looking Horse will not give it, then don’t you think that there is something the wrong with that picture…as with Looking Horse’s actual Goal(s)?

I’m obligated to keep my knowledge within my tribal Medicine People’s circle only, which means that I was strictly forbidden to share it with anyone but growing, incoming Medicine People who were approaching their obligation of Spiritual maturity on behalf of my tribe; however, I have been taught every which way from Sunday, if you will, about my tribe’s Okan during my childhood, by my elders of The Buffalo Blackfeet (the Blackfeet who had actually existed when the great herds were present and roaming free) and then I waited and became actually as prophesized by long passed Medicine elders of my tribe, which was the hub from which the spokes of our Medicine People should regain and relearn our knowledge pertaining to our Okan and when it came time, I shared what knowledge that I had been charged with learning, keeping and finally, sharing and now our Okan is back after decades and decades of austere government suppression. Enough said about that and no more will ever be said, or written by me to anyone except for whom, within my dreams, I am instructed to share with and build by knowledge, so to speak, but I’m sure that you know what I am saying.

I shared what I shared with you because I want you to know that if you need someone from a federally recognized tribe to represent, but not to teach Okan, or facilitate an Okan for you, however, to represent your organization this year and every year to follow, or for as long as I live, then contact me and we will look into enacting great possibilities together…

Lim lemtsh,

Diana