Author Topic: return the ancestors  (Read 9006 times)

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
return the ancestors
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:13:00 pm »
I just got another e-mail asking if I know anything about this organization, the return the ancstors gathering and their goal to raise 1.5 million for their projects - I don't.  Does anyone here?

http://www.earthworksforhumanity.org/pages/elders.shtml

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: return the ancestors
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 04:27:37 pm »
also on linked from site is ica8.org.  Check out their Sedona link.  This just makes me sick.  How can all these Indian people be part of this?  Also check their "how you can help" - just give them 5 acres or more of land so they can have ceremonies and vision quests there.

YUCK!!!

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »
One of the presenters is Jim Beard.  In the summer he is a park ranger at Mount Monadnock.  You can find out more about him here - http://www.northeastcultural.com/james_b_BEARD_BIOGRAPHY.htm

He is not ndn, he is 'adopted'.  One of my friends knows him and considers him a friend.  I am not sure how friendly he is going to feel after he finds out what he is involved with.

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 08:49:12 pm »
I know - many of these people I have heard of, and not in a bad way, but to be part of this just does not seem right.  If you look at the supporters it is all hinky new-age Sedona at it's worst, hikes to sacred sites, sweats, vision quests, Spirt tipi and the Cree film makers.  I just don't get it.

Offline bls926

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:31:48 am »
This is Adam DeArmon's organization.
There's a thread about him in Research Needed.

Adam DeArmon AKA Adam Yellowbird of Sedona
http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1791.0

Adam Yellowbird

From http://www.ica8.org/

The Institute for Cultural Awareness

"Return Of The Ancestors"

Northern Arizona - April 18-28, 2009

The Institute for Cultural Awareness presents a historic International multicultural gathering and sacred pilgrimage welcoming Indigenous elders and future wisdom keepers representing the voice of Mother Earth, beginning Earth Day weekend, April 18-28, 2009 throughout Northern Arizona. The heart of the gathering will be the 4th reunion of the Continental Council of Indigenous Elders and Spiritual Guides of the Americas. The intention is to unite and share the invited wisdom keeper's visions and prophesized ceremonies for peace and harmony for Mother Earth and all humanity.

The Institute for Cultural Awareness' goal is to sponsor 72 or more global spiritual/cultural leaders and 28 youth council leaders from around the world. These wisdom keepers will share a harvest of harmonic wisdom and understandings that will enable the world to fulfill the prophecies of the ancestors. This gathering's commitment to ceremony as a focal point offers pilgrims of the world the privilege to witness councils sharing wisdom from their ancestors, songs and sacred ceremonies. This intention is to bring inspiration to the world thus birthing clear decisions and manifesting a conduit of hope for our children, the future wisdom keepers of the world.

Our goal is to raise 1.5 million dollars for the Return of the Ancestors Gathering. To learn more about how you can support ICA and the preparations for this gathering, please feel free to contact ICA directly at 928-646-3000.

Click HERE for downloadable Brochure

(5.6 MB PDF file)

For additional information, registration, sponsorship, volunteering, visit:

InstituteForCulturalAwareness.com

I think this is a different Jim Beard. This one is "adopted" Lakota and lives down in Arizona.

Jim Beard

is a 76 year old visionary of the spirit following a spiritual path that has led him into great spiritual discoveries of non-ordinary significance. He is grounded in Traditional Lakota Spirituality and earth-based Indigenous teachings. His mentors have been the late Wallace Black Elk, who adopted him as his brother, and the late Chief Selo Black Crow, who was his good friend, and David Swallow, Jr., who remains his Medicine Man, as well as many other great spiritual men and women. Jim was President and one of the Founders of Wambli Ho, Voice of the Eagles, a non-profit Native American internet news organization. He retired to Arizona in 2006 and continues his active ceremonial spiritual participation. His authentic compassion and unique Spirit-given gifts bring great benefit to all that come onto his path.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 04:35:15 am by bls926 »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 04:40:21 am »
I've heard from someone who was concerned about this group and DeArmon AKA "Yellowbird." They'd seen a call for elders to take part, so a family member was signed up because they thought it'd give them a chance to travel. Then they heard questions being raised about this organization.

Here's my respondse to them.

-------------------------------

Some elders gatherings are legit, but many are not. Many just want to use the presence of elders to make their New Age organizations or teachings seem legit.

In general I would be very cautious about trusting any group sponsoring an elders gathering which is not Native run, or working with a university or non-government organization (NGO).

We have a thread researching Adam DeArmon, who is a white man calling himself Adam Yellowbird.
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1791.0

He's worked with frauds posing as medicine people, and also sells sweatlodges and other ceremonies.

If you go to "elders" you'll see that at least one of them is in fact a white who was trained by plastics. Jim Beard is a white man trained by the late exploiter Wallace Black Elk and also David Swallow. David Swallow is a ceremony seller condemned many times by other Lakota.

Others are dubious. One claims to be Olmec. The Olmec haven't been around for 600 years, and much of what we know about them is speculation.

Most seem to be artists. Some are activists, or say in some vague way what they do is work for peace. Some do seem to be medicine people. I don't doubt many are sincere, genuine, and want to do what's right. But I think most are probably like [your family member], unaware that DeArmon is really using them to promote himself and make him seem more legit.

Notice the photo of DeArmon, where he tries to make it seem like he's an Indian, just as he does with the New Age name he gave himself.

Offline bls926

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 04:42:07 am »
There's another thread about this "Return", in Etcetera:

"Return of the Ancestors"
http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2070.msg0#new

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:29 pm »
I remember this guy yellowbird he is the one who came to Standing Rock in the 1980s early 90s and Joe Flying By help him and after Joe died he had his picture on his site then started these earth dances.
In Spirit

Offline volcano woman

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 05:47:21 pm »
This is Adam DeArmon's organization.
There's a thread about him in Research Needed.

Adam DeArmon AKA Adam Yellowbird of Sedona
http://newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1791.0

Adam DeArmon
Executive Producer/Founder of International Center of Spiritual and Ancestral Wisdom

Adam DeArmon
Adam “Yellowbird” DeArmon is founder and producer for the Eagle Quetzal Condor Confederation Gathering. He works with the indigenous elders around the world to bridge the past with the future and bring the wisdom of all cultures together to create a better world.

Adam is a visionary and spiritual leader. He is bringing the multi-cultural vision of all people coming together as one for unity and healing of our Mother Earth. He believes we are Earth Keepers of our Mother and we must take care of her as she takes care of us; the people.

Adam (Yellow Bird) DeArmon received training and spiritual initiations from indigenous Elders as he worked, learned, and lived among numerous tribal communities around the world. He launched a career as a global Cultural Liaison sixteen years ago when he envisioned and implemented the Earth Dance8 International Multicultural Gatherings –– events that have continued and reached four worldwide communities.

Ten years ago, continuing his practice as a spiritual guide, Adam founded the Institute of Cultural Awareness –– a non-profit organization that sponsored national and international gatherings of indigenous leaders in North, Central, and South America.

His enthusiasm for bridging and preserving indigenous cultures by arranging worldwide gatherings gained him acknowledgement as a Goodwill Ambassador of the Indigenous Peoples Grand Council of Peace for Goodwill Treaty Org. In addition, Adam worked three years as a Cultural Liaison for The Foundation of Global Humanity.

Adam the Ambassador for ICCS, International Center for Cultural Studies. He is the co-founder of The International Center of Spiritual and Ancestral Wisdom and has the honored status as a foreign ambassador and minister for All Nations Native American Church.
Eagle Quetzal Condor

The Ancestors Return
to Sedona, AZ
April 17th-23rd, 2015

Eagle Quetzal Condor Support The Events 2016-2020