Author Topic: Need Some Help With A Suspected Fraud-CinnamonMoon  (Read 37755 times)

Offline MaryWhiteWolf

Re: Need Some Help With A Suspected Fraud-CinnamonMoon
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2008, 10:58:51 pm »

Offline Kevin

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 03:18:47 pm »
To the nitty gritty of it in my humble opinion only. There ain't no NA shamans and anyone with the name  "Cinimmon Moon" ought to be a big enough red flag for any reasonable person to see, i.e. fake/fraud/crook. And if you, Mary are a NA you ought to know there are no shamans and if you are not NA,  perhaps you should quit using a name like White Wolf. This business here isn't some feel-good parlor game or philosophical excercise for enlightened Anglos to help out  poor Indian victims.

Offline Unreal

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 09:45:06 pm »
" There ain't no NA shamans and anyone with the name  "Cinimmon Moon" ought to be a big enough red flag for any reasonable person to see, i.e. fake/fraud/crook  "

Not the least being that Cinnamon is actualy not a native plant to North America.... Hardly a likely pick for a native name.

Offline MaryWhiteWolf

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 12:54:29 am »
To the nitty gritty of it in my humble opinion only. There ain't no NA shamans and anyone with the name  "Cinimmon Moon" ought to be a big enough red flag for any reasonable person to see, i.e. fake/fraud/crook. And if you, Mary are a NA you ought to know there are no shamans and if you are not NA,  perhaps you should quit using a name like White Wolf. This business here isn't some feel-good parlor game or philosophical excercise for enlightened Anglos to help out  poor Indian victims.

Kevin,

1). I know that, and you know that. I just wanted other people's opinion and to see what information that folks here had on this woman.  I appreciate all that I have learned here and find their knowledge very invaluable.

2). No, I am not NA and said so in my introduction. I know that there aren't any shamans and also understand  that it relates to a Russian term, etc...

3). White Wolf came from the fact that I have a white German Shepherd that the neighborhood children have asked if he is a wolf. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm sorry if your feelings have been hurt. I wanted folks here to be aware of this woman and to get the word out that she is fraudulent. Please excuse me if my good intentions hurt your feelings.

Offline Prairie Fairy

• Political Blog
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 05:18:44 am »
Like any recovering twinkie I have my leaps forward and my falls backward. Reading this forum and thinking about my fraudulent friends I am re learning a point I dealt with in the past. That is, I have been influenced by Castaneda and Andrews and felt I needed to identify a connection with an animal spirit. I have always known NA folks on the surface enough to pick up on some of the basic justice issues like for example that spirituality is never instant mashed potatoes. Some years went by and a moment in my life occurred I had a connection with the idea of Coyote. I will not assume that that was what was happening but for me it was real. Naturally I was thrilled to feel I had had some affirmation and guidance. I have long wanted to change my name. I ran around Minneapolis sticking the name Coyote on myself at various times. But here is the problem with that, just like the problem with throwing around the word Shamanism. It creates an expectation. Until you have a connection with a living culture that customarily uses animal names like White Wolf (not bloody likely as far as I can guess), what you are doing is creating a damaging and confusing illusion for other people no matter how innocent your intentions are.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:51 am »
Sorry, neither of those links work.

They also make this page very hard to read. How about cutting them?

Offline MaryWhiteWolf

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 05:58:52 am »
Like any recovering twinkie I have my leaps forward and my falls backward. Reading this forum and thinking about my fraudulent friends I am re learning a point I dealt with in the past. That is, I have been influenced by Castaneda and Andrews and felt I needed to identify a connection with an animal spirit. I have always known NA folks on the surface enough to pick up on some of the basic justice issues like for example that spirituality is never instant mashed potatoes. Some years went by and a moment in my life occurred I had a connection with the idea of Coyote. I will not assume that that was what was happening but for me it was real. Naturally I was thrilled to feel I had had some affirmation and guidance. I have long wanted to change my name. I ran around Minneapolis sticking the name Coyote on myself at various times. But here is the problem with that, just like the problem with throwing around the word Shamanism. It creates an expectation. Until you have a connection with a living culture that customarily uses animal names like White Wolf (not bloody likely as far as I can guess), what you are doing is creating a damaging and confusing illusion for other people no matter how innocent your intentions are.

I understand that well. However, I've also have been a member here for over a year and neither educatedindian nor Moma_Porcupine nor debbieredbear has an issue with my name. If it is an issue, I suggest  that you take it up with them.   The name was chosen so that others who do know about frauds would ask me about it, so thusly I could explain it.

I understand your feelings well. It's difficult to see folks' spirituality being stolen and used for  personal gain, not caring who they hurt in the process. It's shameful. However, if you wish, I would be willing to change my name, but only if asked politely.

I own and operate a small ranch in Texas and have a great connection to the animals that I live and work with. Never would I own nor keep a white wolf. I also worked as a veterinary technician for several years.One of my bosses  worked closely with the Minnesota Zoo and I had the opportunity to work on some of the beautiful timberwolves. Always respecting their beauty, yet dangerous nature. It was an experience that will stay with me the rest of my days and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to have been able to work with such creatures.  I come from a long line of farmers and ranchers. My maternal grandfather was adopted by a Cherokee woman and her husband of Spanish descent. I also said that I am not of Native American descent as I, too, was adopted as a tiny infant.  It is not known what my true bloodlines are as I've never been able to track down my biological parents due to closed adoption records.

Offline Prairie Fairy

• Political Blog
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 06:40:47 am »
I understand that well. However, I've also have been a member here for over a year and neither educatedindian nor Moma_Porcupine nor debbieredbear has an issue with my name. If it is an issue, I suggest  that you take it up with them.   The name was chosen so that others who do know about frauds would ask me about it, so thusly I could explain it.

I understand your feelings well. It's difficult to see folks' spirituality being stolen and used for  personal gain, not caring who they hurt in the process. It's shameful. However, if you wish, I would be willing to change my name, but only if asked politely.

I own and operate a small ranch in Texas and have a great connection to the animals that I live and work with. Never would I own nor keep a white wolf. I also worked as a veterinary technician for several years.One of my bosses  worked closely with the Minnesota Zoo and I had the opportunity to work on some of the beautiful timberwolves. Always respecting their beauty, yet dangerous nature. It was an experience that will stay with me the rest of my days and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to have been able to work with such creatures.  I come from a long line of farmers and ranchers. My maternal grandfather was adopted by a Cherokee woman and her husband of Spanish descent. I also said that I am not of Native American descent as I, too, was adopted as a tiny infant.  It is not known what my true bloodlines are as I've never been able to track down my biological parents due to closed adoption records.

My question to your first point is why not take responsibility for your own name instead of shoving it off onto someone who "never had a problem with it"?

As far as I can see this forum's purpose is not tiptoeing around people's feelings, but calling things as they are.

Maybe I am seeing these things wrongly because I have not been posting to this forum for an entire year as you have.

Offline MaryWhiteWolf

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 01:44:02 pm »

My question to your first point is why not take responsibility for your own name instead of shoving it off onto someone who "never had a problem with it"?

As far as I can see this forum's purpose is not tiptoeing around people's feelings, but calling things as they are.

Maybe I am seeing these things wrongly because I have not been posting to this forum for an entire year as you have.

My question to you is why does one person's name bother you so much? Obviously it does.  I already said that I would change my name, but I would have to be asked nicely and politely.   I believe that you are seeing things wrongly. If you were to read the entire thread, you'd fully understand. It's far easier to jump on a bandwagon than it is  to learn facts. Again, I'm sorry if people's feelings have been hurt, but  until educatedindian, Moma_Porcupine and/or debbieredbear have an issue with my name, it will remain as such.

I've been observing people's actions here for a long time. Some jump on others because of actions, words or deeds. Some jump on others simply because they don't like the other or others.Some have been warned, some it continues... Needless to say, unkind actions always speak louder than any words ever could. I've observed a lot of unkindness, some of it deserved, a lot of it not. If one chooses to be unkind simply because they don't like something, then they have something far more going on than the seen problem. Perhaps they need to look at that more closely.

frederica

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 02:31:38 pm »
I believe Cinnamon Moon is the topic of the thread.  I seen one screen name no worse than another.  Let's move on.