Author Topic: Harley "Swiftdeer" Reagan, Chuluaqui Quodoushka, Chulukai Quodosha  (Read 129225 times)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Harley "Swiftdeer" Reagan, Chuluaqui Quodoushka, Amara Charles
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 05:13:30 pm »
I notice that on her website here

http://www.amaracharles.com/2011/12/announcing-a-new-womans-retreat/

She is leading women's retreats to discover the "divine feminine"
Travel to the enchanting ‘Land of the Long White Cloud‘, New Zealand, for our special Women’s Retreat where we will delve deeply into the mystery of our Divine Feminine Nature. In the exquisite sanctuary of the Mana Retreat Center we will nourish, heal and rejuvenate our bodies, minds and souls. Together, we will embody the beauty and grace of our natural feminine power.

Who is in or near Phoenix? She's leading one of those retreats there very soon. Just showing up to protest could hit her right in the pocketbook.

It's pretty sickening that she would teach these are somehow feminist retreats when the Deer Tribe routinely sexually assaults women as a group.

These retreats are often held with the locations kept secret to avoid protests. The way to get around that is to pose as someone curious to find out th where and when. When I did that 6-7 years ago, the retreat was held outside an expensive home in the Scottsdale suburbs. The only dark skinned people in that area worked as housekeepers. Myself and some other grad students showed up and picketed and flyered their gathering.

Anyone wanting to protest can also contact me for tips.

-----------
http://www.amaracharles.com/workshops/
Facilitators: Amara Charles, Michael Stein and Mukee Okan

Cost

Singles  $695 Early Single Registration until December 1st: $595
Couples $1300 Early Couple Registration until December 1st:  $1150

REGISTER HERE

SINGLE  PHOENIX Q1 REGISTRATION

COUPLE PHOENIX  Q1 REGISTRATION
Q Grads and DTMMS Apprentices contact amara@amaracharles.com
Registration is limited and subject to confirmation. All new participants are interviewed by phone.  Workshop Tuition includes Quodoushka Manual, Lunches and snacks Thursday through Sunday. Our local Quodoushka Organizer will assist you with lodging. Once you register you will receive all the information you will need to attend, including travel assistance, workshop location and what to bring for the workshop.

To Register By Mail please read and print this Phoenix Quodoushka 1 Flyer Then fill out the information and return to the address included in the Flyer.

You can also make a $100 Deposit to reserve your space.

CANCELLATION POLICY: If you notify us more than 10 days before the event, there is a $100 non-refundable fee for office expenses. If it is less than 10 days, there is a $250 non-refundable fee.

For More Information Please Contact:

AMARA CHARLES   602 820 4661 amara@amaracharles.com

Offline irishblueileen

Re: Harley "Swiftdeer" Reagan, Chuluaqui Quodoushka, Chulukai Quodosha
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:29 pm »
Up until this point I was looking at this site as a reasonable critique of nuage misuse of Native America traditions. There is plenty on the Harley Regan sites to be angered over. But before I go there. I want to say, please don't confuse cultural/religious beliefs with science. No one would say "White Buffalo Calf Woman does not exist". She is a figure in a sacred story, as far as I know. We don't hold story to the same standard of "reality" as we do science. Chakras are part of a healing tradition that is older than western medicine.

To understand the reason for calling sex sacred is because in EuroAmerican Christian Tradition, sex is evil of the devil.

Now back to Harley. Sex is only one part of his ripoff of Native People. He claims a lineage going back to 1250 AD or BC where all traditions were woven together. He charges for his stuff. He has supporters all over the world. He is why I came to this site in the first place today, and it wasn't about sex. Please refrain from attacking other legitimate cultures in your efforts to illuminate the frauds in the nuage movement and their ripoff of native traditions. He also claims to be Metis.

Offline irishblueileen

« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2012, 04:18:24 pm »
I was responding to a post six pages back. The way this is set up there is no way to respond to a single post. sorry if I am out of sequence. It is so important to the dredibility of this site that we expose facts and make sure our opinions are well thought out. I know how distressing some of this can be but when we rant in ways that are exposing our own prejudices we erode the legitimacy of the site. I know some of those people who are deluded by Harvey and his ilk and unfortunately they are helped by some of what is done and I'm not talking about the sex stuff. I grew up in many ways in the nuage movement. It was both helpful and damaging. It was helpful in those aspects that helped me to become more aware of our connection to all beings. It was harmful in that I suffered rape at the hands of more than one therapist in the movement. One in the name of trying to convince me that I was not a lesbian. He was Stanley Keleman. Kingpin in Bioenergetic therapy. When I got pregnant he made me go to a notary and sign a paper relieving him of all responsibility. So yes, I know the destructive side of the nuage movement. And I am sick of the ripoff of truely native cultures. But how does one learn from them? 

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2012, 06:48:50 pm »
I was responding to a post six pages back. The way this is set up there is no way to respond to a single post. sorry if I am out of sequence.

Fáilte, Eileen :) Look at the title of this post you want to respond to. To the right of the title is an icon and next to it the word "Quote". Click on that, and it will copy the post into your message, so it will be clear what you're responding to.

I'm so sorry for the abuse you have been subjected to. I knew a couple people lured in by Reagan's crew. The group seems to attract those with no sexual boundaries, who are already prone to abusing others sexually. Yet they also seem to draw those with a lot of pain around their sexuality, who think this will help them. I've seen both types be drawn to them. Those with a lot of pain and conflict seem to have been hurt the most, because they don't trust their judgement. Sexual predators are skilled at spotting that and manipulate the seekers into substituting the abuser's judgement for their own.

And I am sick of the ripoff of truely native cultures. But how does one learn from them? 

I'm not sure what you're asking here. It depends on what you want to learn. We have a lot of threads in the Etc. and Non-Frauds section where people discuss learning from or about Native cultures. If you don't see what you're looking for, you can start a thread there yourself.  :)

Offline nemesis

« Reply #109 on: January 11, 2012, 09:23:05 am »
It was harmful in that I suffered rape at the hands of more than one therapist in the movement. One in the name of trying to convince me that I was not a lesbian. He was Stanley Keleman. Kingpin in Bioenergetic therapy. When I got pregnant he made me go to a notary and sign a paper relieving him of all responsibility. So yes, I know the destructive side of the nuage movement.

Hello Eileen, and welcome to the boards

I am horrified to hear of your abuse at the hands of "therapists", but also not surprised

Unfortunately there are many corrupt, predatory and just plain deluded therapists who use the pretext of energy therapy to sexually and otherwise abuse patients.   Some of these "therapists" are members of the deer tribe, some are members of "schools of tantra" or even own their own "tantric" businesses.  Typically they claim to release sexual blockages and cure trauma trapped in the body via sexual massage.  Some claim to be able to recover repressed memories of childhood sexual abuse by sexual massage.  These "therapists" are both male and female.  Unfortunately these depraved practices are fairly widespread leaving countless victims feeling traumatised, violated and often extremely confused by what has happened to them.

Yours is the first instance that I have heard of involving "corrective rape" (a common term in South Africa where lesbians are frequently raped to "turn" them heterosexual).

Thank you for bringing  Stanley Keleman to my attention.  He joins the depressingly long list on "therapists" on my radar.

I hope you don't mind me asking but have you been able to get any support from friends and family after the rapes?  Do you feel that you are in a safe place now where you are understood?  I hope that we can at least be some support to you here.

Offline WINative

Harley SwiftDeer Reagan
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2013, 10:52:01 pm »
http://www.ten-no-kishi.com/aifaa.htm

Chulukua-Ryu

Our dojo is the global headquarters of the American Indian Fighting Arts Association (AIFAA), the first genuinely American martial arts organization accredited by the International Society of Black Belts.

We honor and pay our respects to the late great Grandfather Tom "Two Bears" Wilson, Navajo Medicine Man and former President of the Navajo Native American Church, for handing down many of the teachings of this unique martial arts system. Upon Grandfather's crossing over in 1980, SwiftDeer became the worldwide Soke of the AIFAA.

Harley SwiftDeer Reagan is of Cherokee and Irish decent. Over a period of 25 years, Soke SwiftDeer visited approximately 178 different Native American tribes who shared with him some of their unique martial arts or "warrior arts." To those who trust us with this sacred and extraordinary knowledge, we give many thanks for the privilege of carrying this rich heritage. In total, SwiftDeer received a staggering 175 techniques that ranged from simple but effective Apache hand throws to tomahawk techniques to scissor kicks against an opponent on horseback. Holding 9th-Degree Red/White/Black Belts in Jiu-Jitsu and Karate, SwiftDeer weaved all these systems together to synthesize an entirely new martial art which he dubbed "Chulukua Ryu."

• Global Moderator
Re: Harley SwiftDeer Reagan
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2013, 10:59:11 pm »
We have a few threads on this one, and mentions in many others. I'm going to consolidate this with those.

Epiphany

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2013, 04:14:25 pm »
Harley Swiftdeer Reagan = Claude Harley Reagan, born 1941 Texas. He says he is Cherokee and Irish, his Cherokee claim has already been debunked. He does have Irish ancestors, several born Ireland in the mid 1700s and passed away in North Carolina. He also has earlier immigrant ancestors from England.

His genealogy can be pieced together through ancestry.com along with http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/r/e/i/Lorene-H-Reid/GENE1-0018.html which lists his parents names and focuses on his mother's lineage, and  with http://timcdfw.com/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I2554&tree=ChildressMain which has info on his father's lineage.

He claims a Cherokee grandmother named Spotted Fawn. Actually his grandmothers are both Texans, white in census.

Great grandparents surnames - Reagan, McCuistion, Wyatt, Rogers, Raper, McClure, King, Mayo. Many branches of his family tree are detailed online, looks like lots of family members are active in genealogy, there are even photos and stories included.

Offline TBD

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »
Informative article on Harley "Swiftdeer" Reagan, "Harley Swiftdeer Reagan's theft of a spiritual lineage from a Navajo family" by Friedrich Abel:
http://sustainedreaction.yuku.com/topic/6850/Harley-SwiftDeer-Reagans-theft-spiritual-lineage-Navajo

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 01:31:31 pm »
I received an email of concern that Mukee Okan of the Deer Tribe is coming to Australia and will be holding Quodoushka workshops. She is working with Satyananda, a yoga group that had quite a history of sexual abuse of followers.

Offline MsWilma

« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2014, 09:10:41 am »
Hi from Melbourne
Yes, she is. She has networks set up. I have been amused recently to note that Okan is more or less 'spamming' the fb pages of her current alternative community contacts in Melbourne, but this year there are one or two people responding to her posts (rather than the curious dozens who responded a couple of years ago)
I wonder what she will do next, because I think that a lot of the people who were initially interested have moved onto whatever the next novelty is. I have been watching the pages I know of but I'm not seeing a lot of dialogue on line or 'word on the street'
Don't know about the rest of Aus but will keep this forum posted

Offline MsWilma

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2014, 09:54:58 am »
Link to her current advertised gigs.
Batty Thunderbear still working with her as well
Admins I haven't posted here for a long time, assuming its fine to post links?
http://ozsacredsexuality.com/victoria/

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:55 pm »
Just ignore the notice that says to start a new thread. I'd get rid of that if I knew how. It's always best to keep all the info in one thread.

Offline MsWilma

« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2015, 12:53:08 pm »
Australian update:
Okan ran programs in Ballina, near Byron Bay, in March 2015
She is currently seeking expressions of interest in offering a program in Victoria (south eastern Aus)
I note that someone is claiming the Q people are connected to the Satyananda ashram
If anyone has any hard facts linking the two organisations that would be helpful, as I am fairly sure that some people interested in Q do find their way to this board
In the meantime here is some of the information regarding abuse at Satyananda Ashram in Aus that has currently come to light.
Article from Aus' national broadcaster:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-04/victim-recounts-being-raped-during-ritual-at-satyananda-ashram/5945010

Offline MsWilma

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2015, 12:55:19 pm »
"someone", sorry, Al