Author Topic: NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN Karen Bethann Farrington AKA Kasmira Ann McCann  (Read 24084 times)

Offline Sparks

Re: Kasmira Ann McCann & White Lotus Seed Center
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 11:49:53 pm »
My understanding is that one is defined as Sami legally if at least one grandparent spoke the language.

That's in Finland and Sweden, together with other prerequisites (especially in Finland). In Norway the language rule stretches farther back; to one of the great-grandparents. These Wikipedia articles will furnish the exact requirements:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Parliament_of_Finland
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Parliament_of_Sweden
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Parliament_of_Norway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Parliament_of_Russia

(The Sami Parliament of Russia is not recognised by the Russian government.)

Piff

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 11:38:06 pm »
Her name change from Karen Bethann McCann to Kasmira Ann McCann became legal Aug 2016.

The news clip is uploaded here, sign in to forums to view.

Offline Cynthya1

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2019, 02:06:46 am »
Please note that you have made false accusations and slander towards Dr. McCann.  She does have her doctrine, completed all shamatic courses and has DNA results that does link her heritage to Sami.  If you actually met her you'd see all her credentials, degrees and study completion certificates and degrees hanging on her walls.  If you go to her website you will also see her license and credentials to practice there as well.  In the mission statement of this site it clearly states "You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law."  You are in violation of the mission statement as well as criminal defamation of character, false accusations and slander.  With that said, you will retract your post in order to avoid legal actions.  These accusations are made by a person who has never met this Shamaness or even spoken to her.  Please be mindful that when you slander a person that you are putting their livelihood in jeopardy for your own gain.  It is both distasteful and disgraceful.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2019, 02:51:47 am »
Please note that you have made false accusations and slander towards Dr. McCann.  She does have her doctrine, completed all shamatic courses and has DNA results that does link her heritage to Sami.  If you actually met her you'd see all her credentials, degrees and study completion certificates and degrees hanging on her walls.  If you go to her website you will also see her license and credentials to practice there as well.  In the mission statement of this site it clearly states "You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law."  You are in violation of the mission statement as well as criminal defamation of character, false accusations and slander.  With that said, you will retract your post in order to avoid legal actions.  These accusations are made by a person who has never met this Shamaness or even spoken to her.  Please be mindful that when you slander a person that you are putting their livelihood in jeopardy for your own gain.  It is both distasteful and disgraceful.

Within Sapmi and in pockets of the diaspora, one is not Sami because of potential genetic markers. If you read through all of the posts you will find the clarification as to who is and is not Sami. Who are her relatives? Which Sami community are they from? Does she still have family in Sapmi? Is she aware of the stance of many Sami Peoples and descendants on appropriation and commodification of traditional practices? Who specifically was her Sami teacher? Where specifically in Sapmi did she study? I don't care if she has degrees from actual universities and degree mills. I care that she is using linguistic terms of erasure. I care that she was disrespectful in the online Sami groups to the point where she was removed. The term Shamaness is pretty ridiculous, it is not a word in the language that shaman comes from. It's anglicized woowoo.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Cynthya Cortina also sent this demand:

"Dr. Kasmira McCann is being slandered and falsely accused of being a "fraud" by a person she has never met. All her credentials,  certifications and degrees are clearly posted on her website and walls.  She also has DNA proof of her Sami heritage."

Yeah...she's no "shamaness" she just plays one online.
She's no doctor either. All her "credentials" come from notorious frauds. Her "doctorate" was bought for 30 bucks from a diploma mill.
Alleged DNA doesn't prove heritage. Growing up in the culture does, and she didn't.

Ms. Cortina, we get empty legal threats all the time. All it ever does is show the threatener doesn't know the law.

Truth is an absolute defense against libel and all we've said is truthful.

Farrington/McCann, OTOH, is wide open to legal suits and criminal charges for fraud.

Offline Sparks

Re: Karen Bethann Farrington AKA Kasmira Ann McCann & White Lotus Seed Center
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2019, 02:36:28 am »
Once again, someone claims shamanic (noaidi) knowledge of the Sámi in North America. This time, it is a woman who has been called out in the past. Her behavior is cult-like. Here is her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/kasmiramccann?fref=ts

She has also started a "secret group" which she moderates and spreads disgusting lies and fantasy about the real, living, Sámi culture. Anyone who questions her is kicked out of the group and blocked.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/246499519108267/

The secret Facebook group has disappeared some months ago, I am told by FB friends who were members there. It was called "Indigenous Saami ? Our Cultures and Traditions".

So how Saami is Kasmira Ann McCann, then, to speak of "Our Cultures and Traditions"? This is her public announcement (screenshot included by Piff in the post previous to the one I quote):

Kasmira Ann McCann
September 13 [2017] at 9:33am ·

Dear Family & Friends...

I am coming out of the Lavvu Closet...

Yes, I drum. Yes, I Yoik. Yes, I practice Earth Medicine. It is in my Blood.

All these decades I have been called weird...crazy..so on. I know you don't know this, but I heard you. My Heart heard you.

So here it is.... It is in my Saami Blood to be who I am. No, you didn't know. I was told to keep it a secret by my Grandfather. No more. You judged me by your own standards. And look at the world now.

"Indigenous People are Awakening... Our Mother Earth is awakening all Indigenous People all over the Globe.... Much damage has been done.... Much is now needed to heal"

~ Kasmira

My bolding. (I also have a direct link to her Facebook profile where the post is still up.)

Now the same friends who informed me about the secret group also sent me screenshots from a North American Saami genealogy group where she was a member for some time. She gave lot of details about how DNA tests determined her as a Saami descendant, and was told by experts there that such tests are highly unreliable and that there is no test that can decide such a thing.

Now I will quote verbatim what she wrote in this connection, on December 1, 2016:

I was shocked by my Saami DNA, especially since I never heard of the people until I received my DNA results. My Slav grandfather passed a lot of the more ancient knowledge [that I don't share as it is sacred] of our families connection with Nature. What he taught me isn't in books or on the internet as I know in my Heart that Saami's wouldn't do either. This is knowledge that can't be absolutely verified by text or science, but to me it is the way I connect to the world. Science and Linguistics is too young in its understanding of what our connection with Nature truly is.

My bolding. (I have screenshots from there, but I prefer not to publish them; they may contain metadata that identify the person(s) who sent them to me.)

So, compare this quote from December 1, 2016, about her never having heard of the Saami people until she received her DNA results, and identifying her grandfather as a Slav, to her statement of September 17, 2017, where she claims she was told by her Grandfather (the Slav one, I presume) to keep her Saami Blood secret. There is a discrepancy in her story, isn't there?

Offline Sparks

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2023, 10:48:35 pm »
Her LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/in/kasmira-ann-mccann-35967921/

That profile has disappeared. There is another one with very little information:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-kasmira-mccann-35967921/
Dr. Kasmira McCann
Specializes in 'Integrative Medicine & Spiritual Development Counseling'

The White Lotus Seed Healing Center, LLC
Manchester, New Jersey, USA

Integrative Medicine and Healing Center

Of all the previous links in this topic, seems only her Facebook Profile is intact:

https://www.facebook.com/kasmiramccann [Kasmira Ann]

No activity since November 2021, and no wonder, because she passed away two years ago:

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/es-es/obituaries/manchester-nj/kasmira-mccann-10498850
Kasmira A. McCann, age 65, of Manchester, New Jersey passed away on Tuesday, December 21, 2021. Born in Paterson, NJ, Kasmira lived in Howell Township, Hillside and then Manchester for the past 36 years. She worked as an Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Shaman, Life Coach, Spiritual Advisor, Reiki Master, Accupressurist. Kasmira was always learning and always doing something and furthering herself. She taught classes in Herbology, Reiki and Journeying. As far as hobbies, Kasmira enjoyed a drum making drumming circles, looming, weaving, knitting and sewing; painting and drawing, reading wood carving, writing. Her activities she enjoyed included cycling, kayaking, backpacking and camping. Kasmira was very musical and creative.

I suggest this topic be moved to Archive No. 1, As "NO LONGER A MATTER OF CONCERN".

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Karen Bethann Farrington AKA Kasmira Ann McCann & White Lotus Seed Center
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2023, 03:57:41 pm »
I agree. I couldn't find any sign of abusers who were trained by her or claimed to be. The center seems gone. Seems much of the harm she did ended with her passing.