Author Topic: "Celtic" and "Indian" names tangent  (Read 8745 times)

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
"Celtic" and "Indian" names tangent
« on: January 21, 2016, 07:10:38 pm »
The Blackwater Band is no longer in operation, says it all, though I would have loved a headed letter saying they kicked him out and why

@ Little Crow, you were told and shown undisputed truth that this Blackwater band is/was fake. They are or were white people playing Indian, exactly like your friends Tanja Fehlauer & Francis Billington , why would you need to see a headed letter saying they were kicked out of a fake group? I get the feeling that maybe you have been playing Indian too...?

Diana

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: "Celtic" and "Indian" names tangent
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 08:59:47 pm »
The name Little crow is my Celtic name

What?

Then why's it in English? What are you on about?

I don’t know the truth of DNA or Heritage, so I’m asking, yes I have been and go to a few powwows and enjoy the atmosphere camaraderie, but I have a Celtic family tree.

You just said you don't know your heritage.

So why are you saying, "Celtic"?  I hope you know that "Celtic" is cultural, for specific cultures. It is not just some synonym for "white."   :o
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:04:14 pm by Yells At Pretendians »

Little Crow

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 11:17:05 pm »
What is in English? the post ? the place I live? or are you referring to my Celtic name Little Crow this being a matter of my stature and the crow being sacred to The Morrígan, life and death. If you read the post in its entirety you will see I have not said I don't know my heritage, the statement is obviously referring to just that of Native American heritage or DNA. As for Celtic it means Welsh, Scottish or Irish family roots, I have Welsh and Irish ancestry thank you for asking not that it should matter but well aware that a modern Celtic identity was constructed as part of the Romanticist Celtic Revival in Great Britain, Ireland, Wales and Scotland, of which my heritage hails from, though what my heritage has to do with anyone when I'm looking into people who are not only trying to fool Native Americans but everyone they come into contact with, would you rather I not question and just allow there lies continue?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 04:54:31 pm »
In the Tanja Fehlauer & Francis Billington AKA Tonya & Grey Wolf thread, the question about your name was raised by an established, trusted member because it wasn't clear why you were responding the way you were. Also, you never followed protocol - you did not introduce yourself here before you just started talking.

Not everyone who comes here has a good agenda. We don't know you yet, so we don't know your agenda. Being asked questions is part of getting to know who we're speaking with.  :)

Usually when people join boards with names like that, they are either NDN, or pretendians. Your claim that a name in English is a "Celtic" name is a red flag. Celtic names are in a Celtic language. While screen names are of course acceptable, a non-Native coming to a Native-owned board and calling themselves "Little Crow" has a pretendian vibe to it.

While this board is focused on NDN issues, we also have members here from the Celtic Nations and the living Celtic cultures. We work together not only because both of these cultural groups deserve protection, but also because white pretendians often misrepresent stolen Indigenous intellectual property as "Celtic." There are six Celtic Nations, not three, and two language branches. Language is the heart of the culture. Those involved in the living cultures and in language preservation don't refer to their names as a "Celtic name". A "Celtic" name would be in a specific Celtic language, not English. Indian names are not fancifully chosen by people who like the sound of them. They come from one's family.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, and work to stop frauds. But also understand you are speaking to a group that knows our cultures, and those of our relatives. That's why we do this work - to preserve and protect culture. If you're on board with that in a respectful way, fabulous. But we don't know that yet and if you know anything about the work we do you should understand why we are cautious and we pay attention when there are red flags.

Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam.

What is in English? the post ? the place I live? or are you referring to my Celtic name Little Crow this being a matter of my stature and the crow being sacred to The Morrígan, life and death. If you read the post in its entirety you will see I have not said I don't know my heritage, the statement is obviously referring to just that of Native American heritage or DNA. As for Celtic it means Welsh, Scottish or Irish family roots, I have Welsh and Irish ancestry thank you for asking not that it should matter but well aware that a modern Celtic identity was constructed as part of the Romanticist Celtic Revival in Great Britain, Ireland, Wales and Scotland, of which my heritage hails from, though what my heritage has to do with anyone when I'm looking into people who are not only trying to fool Native Americans but everyone they come into contact with, would you rather I not question and just allow there lies continue?

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 06:28:47 pm »
Additionally, Little Crow is a very important ancestor. He is an ancestor to people in this community. A white person showing up and saying, "Hi, I'm Little Crow!" isn't quite as big a red flag as calling yourself Sitting Bull, but it does make people wonder.

Little Crow

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 12:07:43 am »
I can understand you or anyone being suspicious with what is going on with people using your heritage to make money that's not a problem, ask away but don't to be rude about it, ask a question not make an insinuation as some have. I did not know I had to give an introduction on myself, nor do I want my information spread around when I may have been wrong about Tanya and GW, all I wish is to get to the truth of what Tanya and GW are saying and without letters from the Black water or the police backing up what you’re saying it’s just your word against theirs, there are some active links to back up some things but that's it. Ingeborg have provided DNA information and there were links showing this by another so I can use this to show that Tanya is not being truthful about her DNA.
I did not know that in your culture Little Crow was a important ancestor, as I said I’m Celtic Welsh not Native American, I do apologize for the misunderstanding, but I have always been called bach Fran (Little Crow) since I was young, I never write it in Welsh always English as most people can’t read it. I was called bach fran by my mother, meaning little Crow, little for my height and crow representing The Morrígan the "queen" Goddess, so little queen/little Crow. 
If you want to know my history or family then I will tell you. My heritage is Welsh and Irish on my Father’s side, on my mother’s side,who was a Spiritualist, our Welsh ancestors go back as we can remember, My Father, a healer, was Welsh as was his father but four generations ago my GGGGgran married a man from Ireland so have Irish connections as well.
Yes I have been and plan to go to a few Powwows and I have enjoyed the ones I have been to, yes I attend NAF and enjoy them as well. I like all the different ideas and getting together and enjoying all the different people, the story’s the history and ideas people have on life.
What I wanted to know or find out more on is the ever changing story Tanya and GW have given to me and others, if anyone knew the truth or anymore or explain how Native DNA and heritage works, sorry but they could of been telling the truth somewhere in there story's or it was just me being paranoid, then I read all this other stuff so I ask questions and try to get clarity and practical proof (headed letters, police investigations etc) of it all rather than just the comments made by people. As I have said I like the history and stories but when someone decides to make up lies it ruins it for everyone. 
I hope this clears up were I'm coming from I mean no disrespect to anyone just want to know the truth about these two and have practical proof of it to expose them for the liars they are, they have upset me and by the looks of it many others and don't want anyone else being taken for fools or money made from there lies.

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 12:35:09 am »
ask away but don't to be rude about it, ask a question not make an insinuation as some have.

Wow. OK. You might want to look up "tone argument."

as I said I’m Celtic Welsh not Native American, I do apologize for the misunderstanding, but I have always been called bach Fran (Little Crow) since I was young, I never write it in Welsh always English as most people can’t read it. I was called bach fran by my mother, meaning little Crow, little for my height and crow representing The Morrígan the "queen" Goddess, so little queen/little Crow. 

You completely avoided the main point about misrepresenting Celtic cultures as some kind of nuage thing.

The Morrígan is an Irish goddess, not Welsh, and "bach fran" is not how you say "little crow" (or "little queen") in Welsh. While it's nice you have an interest in the Welsh language, it takes more than a dictionary if you're going to be trying to make up new names for yourself. You need to know grammar, too.

Maybe you learned misinformation and are just repeating what you were told. Hard to say. But all of this goes to credibility.

Little Crow

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 12:56:56 am »
You know your Goddess well done, as I said my Mother was a spiritualist and although my Father was Welsh he did have Irish Heritage so anyone with a brain would piece together why she used Morrígan and the Crow. I have no need to explain my self to anyone, I did before as I was asked nicely, you can take it or leave it I know who I'am thank you and why I came on here to find out the truth about lies I may or may not of been told but so far all I have seen is a few people truly trying to expose lairs making money from a false heritage, others making some comments with no physical proof, paranoia and being rude to people asking questions and then you wonder why these frauds can get away with what they do.

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »
Wow. The entitlement from these people.

The ever-changing backstory. Yet another pretendian who wastes our time and makes it all about themselves, then reaches for the knotwork when we call them out. Then when called out by people who clearly see through the act (that we've seen so many times before), doubles down on the idiocy.

You must really think NDNs are stupid.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 05:35:46 pm »
There have also been insulting private messages sent to NDN members who asked reasonable questions.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 06:45:34 pm »
She violated people's privacy and boundaries by posting private messages in the original thread, posted a bunch more insults, and then flounced.

Here are some quotes that I'm going to respond to for the sake of any others who are doing similar things, or have similar views:

Quote from: Little Crow link=topic=1006 date=24 Jan at 12:36:03
Re: Tanja Fehlauer & Francis Billington AKA Tonya & Grey Wolf
« Reply #119 on: Today at 12:36:03 »

You think this is rude so glad your not in Wales and yes as true Welsh blood I'am a Celt thank you and that is my entitlement by birth.

You're not in Wales. You're posting from the Southeast of England. From what I can see from the information you've given us, in both private and public, you're not Welsh at all; you're English. Welsh and Celtic identity are defined by culture (including language), not racist ideas of blood. When white people start ranting about their "true blood" it's just creepy. We have members with language, culture and blood, who are dedicated to fighting racist misappropriation and misrepresentation of Native and Celtic cultures. If you actually have any Welsh or Irish heritage, and had behaved in a culturally-appropriate manner, you might have found friends or relatives here, ironically enough. 

All I was looking for is hard proof on two people and all I have been given is abuse and hear say no pictures, no working links to actual government documentation to show what your saying is true (Bar Ingeborg)

Untrue. You were sent documentation that the people in question don't belong to either of the real tribes they have claimed in the past. But you insisted on badgering one of our members for information from a fake tribe. Why does what white people - pretendians - say matter to you more than what NDNs say? (Wait... I think I know the answer to that.)

I realize it's confusing to be new and unaccustomed to how things are done here. White people in particular tend to get disoriented and defensive. We try to be patient while people get up to speed. But we have seen all this stuff before, and we will only put up with so much.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:15:35 pm by Yells At Pretendians »