Author Topic: Timothy Lawrence Cantrell AKA Tim Iistowanohpataakiiwa & Sandra Paulsen / bainbridgepsychology.com  (Read 28884 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Timothy Lawrence Cantrell AKA Tim Iistowanohpataakiiwa
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 08:30:10 pm »
I spoke with a woman in Olympia who is pretty high up in the Episcopal Church. She said he is not licensed here or in California. And she spoke to her Lutheran counterpart and he will no longer be used as a substitute priest in any Lutheran church.  I don't have the why, but maybe I will find out this evening. I DID tell this person that Tim was NOT NDN. She was shocked and said that when he was made a priest he was ID'd as Native. I told her that his genealogy was showing him to be of Euro heritage. Her suggestion was to go to tribal groups he may be involved in and let them go after him for fraud.

Oh, and his  thirty years in law enforcement was as a jail guard.  I got that from people in my area.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 01:29:28 am »
Still badly needed, definitive evidence about the allegations of what pushed him out of Suquamish.

I got confirmation from someone but she won't go on record. She says she has forgiven him. However, she wasn't the one ionvolved and that person may not be around any longer. Also, the other person who could give infor is counselor and would not likely say much..

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 05:04:10 pm »
We received an email defending him from Sandra Paulsen of the Bainbridge Institute that has to be seen to be believed. She had a relationship with Cantrell and claims he *must* be Native because he has big feet. Then she went into an extended slander of a victim of Cantrell's, followed by the typical empty threat to sue.

Below is her email (defamation redacted) followed by my response.

---------
I am Dr. Sandra Paulsen, a licensed mental health professional in the state of Washington license number 00003111.  My work is widely recognized, respected, and published internationally.  You can see my curriculum vitae on my website at http://www.bainbridgepsychology.com/.   You can see my books at Amazon, and I have numerous book chapters and conference presentations as well. 

I see that you are posting at  http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4709.0 the terrible things a very disturbed person has said about Tim, probably [redacted, a long series of defamations from Paulsen] has slandered him to me, trying to interfere with our friendship, so I see exactly how she operates and it is extremely destructive.

I have known Tim for over twelve years and he is an honorable and deeply Native man. One look at his face tells any observer that he indeed has Native blood.  His skin is red in the summer, his feet are wide like Native feet.  He has a recognizably Siksika countenance.  He learned Native ways from his grandmother Ida whom he revered.  She never registered tribally as she resented the bureaucracy of the US government.  His biological father, now deceased, is a prominent Siksika man who did not claim his “illegitimate” son.  Tim’s family photos of his mother and her kin are obviously Native.  He was raised among Siksika and Lakota tradition in California. He received the button blanket on working in the Pacific Northwest among Salish people. 

Tim is not remotely New Age.  He is an ordained priest who was slandered within the churchby [defamation against two women removed].  Tim consistently speaks out against New Age appropriations of Native spirituality.   I am careful in my reference to Native understandings myself, having been schooled by Tim over a decade.

Tim conducts, on  rare occasion, at my request, spiritual direction and NOT therapy, never psychotherapy, and my website clearly states that he is not a mental health professional, as part of the auspices of the Bainbridge Institute, for those of my clients who request a deeper understand of Native spiritual ways. Tim is deeply Native and very devout.  He has potent spiritual energy which has been misperceived by some very troubled people in the past, including now [defamation against two women removed] To be clear, Tim and I previously had a romantic relationship, which was in no way secret, and always was entirely public and above board, from 2003 through 2010 approximately.  We are still good friends, and I am also good friends with his wife Kathy, who is a lovely Native person.   My husband Jim Hermanson is a good friend of Tim as well.  I have enclosed a picture of the two hard working men felling a tree together.  Tim is obviously Native in that and any other photograph. 

I know Tim well and respect him as a person, a priest, and a Native elder.  It is troubling that a man as spiritual and dedicated as Tim is and as honoring of Native ways as he is would be treated as badly as he is being treated on your site. I urge you in the strongest terms to remove from your site all references to Tim and all references to me and the Bainbridge Institute for Integrative Psychology.   People can sling mud anytime they want, but honorable people don’t carry that mud forward. 

[Irrelevant sanctimony removed.]

This horrible betrayal of the man and the slander by [redacted] will become part of the story I will write, as will the way you conduct yourself in response to this reasonable and heartelt request.  Please don’t add to the injury of a good and decent man.  I am confident that you will remove all these slanderous references to Tim and any references to me or my institute, in order to avoid any further trouble, including legal trouble. I have copied my attorney on this for the record. 

Thank you, Dr Sandra Paulsen
Cc: Charles J. Ferrera, Attorney at Law
Tim Iistowanohpataakiiwa, M.A.

---------
Ms. Paulsen, some of the racist stereotypes in your posts are truly appalling. You do realize other people besides Natives have big feet and that Natives don't actually have "red skin"? What you write is one step away from saying he says "How! Ugh! Me likum!" I really have to question where you acquired such ugly racist beliefs.

On top of that, your sexism is almost as bad, repeating the "scorned woman" stereotype and engaging in personal attacks on the victims at length. This is beyond bigotry, all the way into being deeply unethical on your part.

Cantrell is part of one of the worst Nuage fraud outfits out there, the Matterns, a white family calling itself "Ghosthorse." Again this shows poor judgment and research on your part.

We will publish your claims online, minus your extended slander of a victim of Mr. Cantrell's. Others can judge for themselves how poorly your defamation and bigotry reflects on your institute.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 05:39:17 pm »
I have seen him up close and personal and he doesn't look NDN to me. First time I saw him, I wondered why a white man was wearing a ribbon shirt and braids. And if he gets red in the summer, perhaps he needs sun screen. 8)

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2015, 06:29:49 pm »
Folks, I'm soooo grateful I joined this forum, for now I know I'm native, too... I've got it on good authority:

Quote from: *Dr* Sandra Paulsen
His skin is red in the summer, his feet are wide like Native feet.

Wow, so my skin is also red in the summer, and my feet are wide like Native feet. I'm at a loss of words for gratefulness!

And now, brothers and sisters ----- where's my Indian money? ? ? ?

: sarcasm off :

I'd just like to know whether Dr Paulsen's *face* turned - errrm: native when she sent this mail.... In which case I'll probably be generous and pass 5% of my Indian money to her. If there were a legal limit to talking BS, Paulsen would be miles beyond that. Or probably lightyears...

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »
By the way, what is this:
He has a recognizably Siksika countenance.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2015, 06:46:40 am »
now I have to laugh what do they mean our feet are wide I will have you know I have small feet whoever heard
In Spirit

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2015, 06:59:26 pm »
now I have to laugh what do they mean our feet are wide I will have you know I have small feet whoever heard

They probably believed what they heard in one of those Nike commercials.

OMG, she thinks NDNS have red skin in the summer. Honey, that's called a sunburn. White people get them, mostly.

Painted goose, or time to call Fish and Wildlife?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:13:38 pm by Yells At Pretendians »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2015, 10:35:21 pm »
Paulsen sent more emails, doing her best Donald Trump impression, doubling down on her racism and defamation, even demanding apologies.

First two are hers, followed by response from me.

---------

I think you misunderstood. I didn’t say big feet, but wide feet, which my Native friends have said is sometimes (not always) characteristic of Native physiognomy.  Big feet wasn’t the point. I love my Native friends physiognomy.  The contempt is not coming from me, it is yours.  I am full of love for the different looks and bodies of different races, and find it all beautiful....Tim’s physiognomy is Native, utterly and completely Native and very wonderful, including his wide feet.  That’s not racist, to honor who and how he is. It is unfair and unkind to try to deny his identity, which is Native, deeply Native.

You have besmirched me and my character, unfairly, and preferred the statements of [defamation redacted] I have a good number of Native friends from several tribes, Aneshenaabe, Lakota, Siksika, Seneca, Navajo, Native Hawaiian, Inuit, Tulalip, and because of my specialty in trauma, I donate considerable time providing free consultation to Native therapists working on various reservations and cities here and in Canada using special procedures to heal trauma.   

[More very extended defamation redacted]  Please consider that possibility that he is the one being victimized, that you are demonizing a Native man, favoring the hurtful words of a...person trying to destroy yet another Native priest who walks the Red Road.   

In my life, you are the first person to call me a racist.  I marched in the civil rights era and am always honoring of people’s path, no matter where it begins, if it is conceived in truth.  You are the first in 62 years to call me a sexist, that’s pretty funny really.  I was a feminist activist since age 19 and have made a fine reputation for myself in spite of the glass ceiling. [extended sanctimony]

What she said about Tim is false. What I am saying is true.
Hou.

--------
I insist that you apologize for the irresponsible act of calling me racist for saying the simple truth that Native feet are sometimes wider....

I also insist you apologize for the absurd statement that I must be a sexist because I challenge the unfair allegations of a woman who is misbehaving by making untrue allegations about Tim. 

Finally, Tim was raised with traditional ways by his grandmother, though his urban mother eschewed all things Native, as did his adoptive father who was white (Cantrell).  He lived also, growing up, with both Lakota and Siksika people.  How unfair to say there is only one path to being a traditional Native. Many urban native people aren’t living in their traditional tribal land and so find other community still honoring traditional ways. 

I have conducted myself entirely ethically in this regard, and I respectfully suggest you might well examine your own motives and actions, which are reckless.

--------
If have evidence...let's see it.

And yes, you are a flaming racist, proved by half a dozen further racist statements in your email. You have now been correctly called a racist by a whole forum of over 2000 people from dozens of tribes. If you can't see your own racism, that is sad.

Neither I nor any other members of NAFPS will apologize for correctly pointing out you are deeply racist, deeply sexist, and that you are promoting and defending an obvious white imposter and Nuage exploiter.

You also do not help your case by your condescending racism, White-splaining Native traditions to Native people.

You could help your case by recognizing and apologizing for your racism and sexism, cutting all ties to Cantrell and realizing he is not what he claims to be.

Contrary to your paranoid and sexist claims, the information on Cantrell comes from other sources who are not the people you defame. You should cease and apologize for such a lack of ethics.

Offline RedRightHand

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »
Paulsen sent more emails ...
---------

Hou.

--------

Huh?

Ms. Paulsen, Are you pretending to be an owl? Or were you also taken in by this fraud:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2278.msg18154#msg18154
Now, after a long period of slumber, the Iladurarrak are returning as people of European heritage are called back to the ways of their Asaba -their Ancestors during this great time of change. Hou! Hou!

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 01:09:36 am »
http://www.bainbridgepsychology.com/Sandra.html

Anyone ever look at her website? Horrible, horrible. She has the racist and stereotypical Native images, and of course she has a famous Indian bio, Geronimo...? Why she has this on her website I don't know and it's partnered with the Wolf, buffalo, her now dead horses and assortment of other live and dead therapy animals. What would Indians be without being associated with animals...Lol!

It appears her exposure on NAFPS might be cutting into her racist business and credibility. Hmmm...no wonder she has her panties in such a twist.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana   

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2015, 01:17:33 am »

Quote from: Dr BS Paulsen
The contempt is not coming from me, it is yours.
Actually, it is coming from *you*.

I am full of love for the different looks and bodies of different races, and find it all beautiful....
Now this might come as a huuuge surprise to Dr Paulsen ----- there is only one human race.
But thanks to her for letting us know what it may be she's full of.

Tim’s physiognomy is Native, utterly and completely Native and very wonderful, including his wide feet.
It makes one wonder what other parts Dr Paulsen may perceive as 'utterly Native', and why...

I have a good number of Native friends from several tribes,
Does she really give us this ancient BS along the lines of „Some of my best friends are...“ - the prime identifier of a racist?
It seems she does.

Please consider that possibility that he is the one being victimized, that you are demonizing a Native man, favoring the hurtful words of a...person trying to destroy yet another Native priest who walks the Red Road.

For a person claiming feminist activist from age 19, this is rich.
Dr Paulsen also may want to phrase far more carefully in future, as the above sentence can easily be (mis)understood to express the notion that the 'person' accusing Cantrell destroyed *another* Native priest before.

In my life, you are the first person to call me a racist.  I marched in the civil rights era […]

So you marched in the civil rights era? For and with whom?
If you ever did participate in any civil rights march on the pro side, your former co-protesters will be the first ones to throw stones, and rightly so. Your e-mails repeat several stereotypes and assumptions, they make use of a racist terminology.

Plus you are cooperating and defending a person who according to our research is cooperating with a plastic shame-on who goes by the name of 'Buck Ghosthorse'.

You are the first in 62 years to call me a sexist, that’s pretty funny really.  I was a feminist activist since age 19 and have made a fine reputation for myself in spite of the glass ceiling.

The first in 62 years? Perhaps you didn't listen too closely?

I am about your age and have been active in the feminist movement about the same time you were. We would have thrown you out of any women's centre for giving such a great example of demonising a woman who accuses her assaulter. You, Dr Paulsen, are repeating the BS which was regarded 'common knowledge' in the domcult way back then: it's always the woman's fault, the man always has angelic qualities, has been provoked into whatever by an evil, scheming bitch. But it seems you gave us the reason for your intervention in your first e-mail:

To be clear, Tim and I previously had a romantic relationship

Hou.

Apparently Dr Paulsen does not quite see that the use of stereotypical Hollywood ndn grunts will do nothing for her in these boards. At least nothing remotely positive. It just unmasks her racism.

I have conducted myself entirely ethically in this regard, and I respectfully suggest you might well examine your own motives and actions, which are reckless.

Entirely ethical? Stereotypes, racism, sexism and 'entirely ethical'? What an effin load of white supremacy and entitledness.

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2015, 01:23:46 am »
Paulsen sent more emails ...
---------

Hou.

--------

Huh?

Ms. Paulsen, Are you pretending to be an owl? Or were you also taken in by this fraud:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=2278.msg18154#msg18154
Now, after a long period of slumber, the Iladurarrak are returning as people of European heritage are called back to the ways of their Asaba -their Ancestors during this great time of change. Hou! Hou!

I admit it's a tempting conclusion. But when you take a look at her website and see what a mess she makes of some Lakota terms.... E.g. "tiospia", "Tonkashila"...

I'd rather take this for another nice case of white supremacy: Any way Great White Father wishes to spell ndn words will be okay. Poor ndn only expected to say 'Thank you, sir'. : sarcasm off :

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2015, 11:00:56 pm »

She has the racist and stereotypical Native images, and of course she has a famous Indian bio, Geronimo...? Why she has this on her website I don't know and it's partnered with the Wolf, buffalo, her now dead horses and assortment of other live and dead therapy animals. What would Indians be without being associated with animals...Lol!

This kind of sums it up. Plus: "[Sandra Paulsen] has chosen to walk the Native American spiritual path."

That's not something that non-Natives get to "choose." Not to mention there's not just one.

*smh*

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2015, 11:18:55 pm »
Whoah. This video: http://www.bainbridgepsychology.com/CankuWakan.html

Sandra... We know it's hard to learn someone you've supported is not who they claimed to be. We get it. Many of us have been there. But if you think the stuff on that page is legit... I think it's very probable you've never really been around Indians before. Seriously, that's not NDN.