Author Topic: Four Quarters Farm Interfaith, Rainbows of Healing, Valarie & Ian Haag  (Read 14590 times)

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
who says "open the door" gee!
I get so upset with these people who abuse our ways
they say words they don't understand make up words that don't make sense
it never ends
In Spirit

Epiphany

We will be holding many Sweat Lodges throughout the festivals, during the day and possibly evening –
there are no set or scheduled times – please come in and ask, you can also listen for the conch shell as it will sound when a lodge will be beginning soon.

https://www.4qf.org/earth-spirit/sweat-lodge-teachings

So they are doing something they should not be doing, in an unsafe manner with tarps, with a protocol that could make it difficult for people to leave when they need to - multiple times at random in an unorganized fashion.

Offline AClockworkWhite

And that request for tarps for their sweat lodges... Yikes. Whether it's a real hide lodge or canvas, the lodge is supposed to BREATHE during the proceedings. I know this to be a view held by many tribes. But on a Facebook page flame thread from a couple years back, I got into a argument with a couple legit Indins who were all about their ingenuity in using plastic sheeting as a layer in order to facilitate the steam-frying process. Bad enough we're forced to use canvas (usually a surplus army tent back in the day) but buying rolls of landscape plastic to trap the heat... Insanity. It's not a pepper-eating contest to see who can stand the highest heat the longest. My own people amaze me on a regular basis.
I came here for the popcorn and stayed for the slaying of pretenders.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Tangent about Mexican "joke" and excessive ceremonial detail in posts moved to etc. http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4632.msg40208;boardseen#new

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
What has happening on this post is why people shouldn't steal another cultures ways because they don't understand all
the ways stories and reason for ding things, each step and thing you do has a story and we never put english over our language
In Spirit

Offline Larry Cope

I posted this on my Facebook page with this statement " Talk about plastic shamans! I personally find these people incorporating Native practices to be offensive. Not to mention ripping off the "Celtic" culture as well to be included in their religious LARPing ". Do not get me wrong, if people want to be eclectic and disjointed, that is their right. No one has the right to steal anything from another culture.  Let them "make their beliefs" up if that suits them, but don't include elements of other cultures in that quagmire.

I can only speak for what I witnessed in the Columbus NeoPagan collective. They are not the most researched people not some of them the most honest and trustworthy. One  so called "priestess" in training actually tried to convince me that "Native" people practiced witchcraft.

I apologize, but that kind of behaviour hits my hot button every time.