Author Topic: Moonlight Turtle Lodge  (Read 26851 times)

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: Moonlight Turtle Lodge
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2015, 06:50:38 pm »
Why would [a white woman] tell her daughters and other women, when they are going through hard times, "You can do this... you are a strong black woman"? Funny sh#t... right?

Not the least bit funny. Playing Indian, pretending to be black... no, we're not laughing.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2015, 07:10:31 pm »
What is really sad about this is that Nina has labeled herself a fraud.  This thread is now, and has always been, in "Research Needed".

If you Google her name right now, you will see her comment:  "I googled my name the other day to find out I was listed on this site as a fraud."  (She was never listed on this site as a fraud.)

And if you come to this site, you will not find her answering any of the questions in "Research Needed".  She did not improve her standing but only made herself look much worse. 

Yeah, I don't get the humor also.

Good points, Autumn. And if she wants to really improve things, she will stop with the "Celtic" Medicine Wheel and the use of the word "Aho" and find another way.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2015, 02:24:35 pm »
i guess as a native woman i did not understand the humor either ???
nor do i understand why she uses a kiowa word like aho? Like its a general
word for everyone? Why she thinks she can use symbol from another people culture
without going though the proper ceremonies to do this. Why would she make claims that are just not true.
Why she wants to be put in the fraud list?
All she has to prove in no money is exchanged, no native symbol are used,
In Spirit

Offline Nina Renshaw

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2015, 02:44:48 am »
No money is exchanged and no native affiliation is used. We only want to share seeds and teach what we know about saving seeds. I attended a catholic christening today where I prayed with them. I was never baptized or brought up as catholic but I respect them in their church and recite prayers that I have learned from friends that I grew up with. I said "Amen". If that makes me a fraud then so be it. If relating to others spiritual or cultural upbringing makes me a fraud then so be it. I am not affiliated with any cultural, traditional or religious people. I am of the earth and of the people, plants and all beings of this earth. When I was a little girl my catholic friends told me I wouldn't go to heaven because I wasn't baptized. I knew then that I had to make this my heaven and people like you, with all your rules of who can and who can't be will never stop me from sharing my love.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2015, 05:00:31 pm »
so are you saying amen which seem to be a universal word for christian prayer ending
is the same as a Kiowa greeting word AHO! I guess i am confused because they are not the same
whoever taught you that this is the same as a christian belief they are wrong.
It would be fine to teach about seeds and seed saving but that is not what you are doing
not matter how you try to cover it up you are misusing another culture that is not yours and we
don't not have the belief that everyone can come take from us, that is what the americans have
been doing since they came in to my country, take take take so please don't be condescending to me
In Spirit

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »
Nina, no one wants to stop you from saving seeds and teaching about it. No one wants you to stop "sharing the love." What people object too is your use of the medicine wheel, which is NOT "Celtic" and used by Natives. Although, much of the use was made up by frauds. They also object to your using a Kiowa word, "Aho", which you really don't know the meaning of. Just stop with the medicine wheel. There are many cool things you could replace it with. And use english words, not Kiowa words. Or Lakota words. Use Eglish words unless you truly understand the word you are using.

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 10:02:37 pm »
Nina, you  complained about some of your posts being deleted, but I don't think any were. HOWEVER, If you continue to post the same stuff over and over,  we're going to start deleting the redundant ones. There is no need to repeat yourself. At this point, I think all anyone is interested in hearing from you is that you've stopped doing the pretendian stuff, and that you've stopped misrepresenting yourself and what you do.  AND, it's only worth saying it if it's true. So far I don't see any sign of you stopping, nor do I see any sign of you telling us the truth.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2015, 02:33:03 pm »
No money is exchanged and no native affiliation is used. We only want to share seeds and teach what we know about saving seeds.

That simply isn't true. You have a medicine wheel and a totem pole on the property and there's mention of ceremony.

I attended a catholic christening today where I prayed with them. I was never baptized or brought up as catholic but I respect them in their church and recite prayers that I have learned from friends that I grew up with. I said "Amen". If that makes me a fraud then so be it.

Catholicism is a religious choice. Native American and First Nation's spiritual practice have to do with ethnicity. Two different things.

If relating to others spiritual or cultural upbringing makes me a fraud then so be it. I am not affiliated with any cultural, traditional or religious people. I am of the earth and of the people, plants and all beings of this earth.

If you aren't affiliated with any cultural, traditional or religious peoples then why are you incorporating cultural/spiritual aspects into what you are doing? This makes you both a fraud and a thief.

When I was a little girl my catholic friends told me I wouldn't go to heaven because I wasn't baptized. I knew then that I had to make this my heaven and people like you, with all your rules of who can and who can't be will never stop me from sharing my love.

Sharing your love is completely different from cultural appropriation. There is nothing 'loving' about it,nor is there anything loving about your flippant attitude toward the peoples you are appropriating from.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 01:01:13 pm »
thank you for your words Sky
In Spirit

Offline Sparks

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2019, 12:10:45 am »
I'll start a thread on Sage Maurer too.

That one is here: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4524.0 [Sage L Maurer - Gaia School of Healing]

Offline Sparks

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2019, 12:15:02 am »
I repost this comment because my first attempt came out wrongly formatted:

I'll start a thread on Sage Maurer too.

That thread is here:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4524.0 [Sage L Maurer - Gaia School of Healing]