Author Topic: asoucy  (Read 3338 times)

Offline asoucy

asoucy
« on: November 30, 2014, 05:10:50 pm »
Hello my name is Simone and I am glad to find your forum. I am French Canadian dissent. I am on this forum because I was not only duped by someone who claims Michael Harner's teaching she talked me into Tom Brown Jr's tracker school. Don't get me wrong I learned a lot about basic wilderness survival but I probably could have from any other of the thousands of teachers without out spending so much money. I took standard and Philosophy1 back in 97. It was not so crazy as it is now and my experiences with a so called "keeper" really opened my eyes. A lot of narcisistic behavior and if you question anything they cut you off. Isn't that what cults do? The emergency broadcasts he put out lately are repetitive and give no helpful info except if you take my new online classes and I will tell you. I have met some good people who have taken classes but don't eat sleep and live on what he says. The one's that do I have found are homeless and have deep psychological problems. This is the only place I found that takes in question this school. You can not find anything online, but I found you actually on rationalwiki. I would love to here from others with this experience and will probably be outed by there school,blog and facebook site but I don't care. It just did not feel right. I do not wish to be what I am not and make no claims. People ask if I am "native" all the time and I tell them I am French and proud of it.
I live in the mountains of Colorado and close to nature because I love it. Thank you  :)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: asoucy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:31:38 pm »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for yor input. Oh, and if you have a smartphone, you can get the US Army's survival app. It's free, unlike some, er, experts.