Author Topic: Chief Lenus Redfeather?  (Read 7434 times)

Offline Thundersaunt

Chief Lenus Redfeather?
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:42:34 am »
Hey All!

I've been looking for information on this gentleman Chief Lenus Redfeather.  A friend of mine phoned me to ask about him.  He's being brought up to Southern Maine to teach.  The thought is that he will be starting a community and is bringing a lodge, pipe ceremony and possibly next year a Sundance Ceremony. 

Apparently he's hosted a Sundance in West Virginia last summer and her friend's acquaintance participated and said it was incredible and life changing ...  ???

Your thoughts?

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Chief Lenus Redfeather?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »
Is this Lenus or Linus? Under both names there are individuals who are from Lakota rezzes and have sung in drum groups. Nothing online against them I can find so far.

Offline BlueBelly

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 06:12:22 pm »
I have Sun Danced with Chief Redfeather the last two years in Oregon and have been in many lodges and Lowanpis with him as well. I have nothing negative to say. Lenus walks the Red Road in a good way. He is humble, honest, compassionate and sober. He is from Rosebud and has a beautiful voice and heart. He keeps to and passes on traditions and teachings.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:44:40 pm »
so why is he having sundances in oregon and maine?
wHO ARE THE PEOPLE DANCING AT THESE EVENT?"
Plus how did he get a chief title?
Who witness this event?

In Spirit

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 07:27:15 pm »
Hello Ms. Jenkins,
Thanks for telling us what you know and I hope you can tell us more.
Do you know the answers to Earth's questions?

I see online you've taken part in sweatlodges. You also took part in what you thought what a vision quest, though those are usually for adolescents and you are a middle aged white woman. Plus some links to your interest in Zen and yoga, and other links that show you to be involved in or at least sympathetic to some good causes.

Were the ones at these dances and lodges were all white, or mostly? How did you become involved with this?

Offline Cetan

• Hoka Hey
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 08:48:59 pm »
On another thread i think it was someone said he was from Martin, so is he from Rosebud or Pine Ridge? Who is his family? and who gave him the authority to run a Sundance in Oregon?