Author Topic: Joseph Cosgrove AKA Joseph White Wolf  (Read 47533 times)

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
Re: Joseph Cosgrove AKA Joseph White Wolf
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 12:21:57 am »
I read Yukotak's entire "manuscript" yesterday, apparently influenced by Joseph Cosgrove -- and, as sometimes things have a way of doing, something about it kept in my mind as not adding up.  I came back today hoping that I would be able to pinpoint the area, but unfortunately it was part of the "fluff" that Al deleted.

Maybe someone here can help me in filling in what I am trying to recall.  She said she had not seen Joseph Cosgrove in a while, but I cannot recall whether that was months or longer.  This thread was started in late May 2013 and she first posted in early September 2013.  She said she had read our posts, confronted him about the charges, then checked out his identity card, and then posted here in his defense.  She also said he told her he had tried to contact us.  This all happened in a relatively short period of time, a period of three months.

I also found this interesting.  He has changed his story online, which is what Yukotak said he told her:

Today I offer myself not as a Native American, Irish, French or any other race/religion or culture but as a loving friend and teacher of what I have learned along my spiritual path of life... My teachings of love don't represent any certain tribe or race but have come to me by way of spirit in watching and listening to my plant and animal friends as well as great spirit... People have chosen to call me many things but I choose to be known simply as "a spiritual teacher."

http://sedonaquestadventures.com/about-us.html

Hi Al, I agree with Autumn. I read yukotak's racist rant before you edited it. Of course it was vulgar and disgusting, but I think you should let it stand by it's self and let everyone know the type of company or friends this phony Wolf/Cosgrove person keeps. Please reconsider and re-post the original racist letter. It's people like yukotat/wolf/cosgrove and thier racist attacks and phony claims of Indian heritage that actually help make our position.

Lim lemtsh,

Diana

Offline Odelle

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 03:50:56 am »
I just read the infamous Yukotat racist screed (already edited) today. I'm surprised my head didn't explode.

To Yukotat: So a mixed race person is "genetically imperfect"? Do you feel that way about yourself or your Navajo son-in-law or your kids and future grandchildren? What would your friends and family think of you if they saw the way you describe people who live on reservations or who are multiracial or who are members of other groups you disparaged in your post?

:>

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 02:59:39 pm »
It seems that we have people who can claim to be who they are not,  >:( that charm people into believe that they are something that they are not  >:( then we have people who have trouble in their own life who come to these people for help then claim these people are special, because they told them what they wanted to hear at their time they need to hear it >:(.
Then they make decisions about who we are (Native People) as a people because we dont accept the frauds.
How can these people make racist comment about a people they dont know and because they have a relative who is native,
This person is a fraud who just like HIlter who charmed people into believiin what he said was true. A fraud is a fraud
In Spirit

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 06:36:00 pm »
This was passed on to me. Cosgrove's girlfriend Monica Zaffarano helps him sell ceremonies online through Facebook's Elephant Tribe site. As of late June Cosgrove was still promoting himself as not just a healer but a medicine man, and Algonquin as well as Mohawk.

If Cosgrove has truly changed, let's see it.

-----

Monica Zaffarano 5:42pm Jun 28
To my friends, this isn't an "event" it is Joseph taking sessions one on one with folks interested...
 He is a Mohawk/Algonquin medicine man. Originally from northern ontario but currently residing in Sedona.
 Recently he has begun traveling....with his drum, medicine bag and a whole lot of love to offer all who might be interested and curious in seeking deeper meaning to Life.
 People travel from all points in the world to have sessions with him, many returning often.
 Joseph does sessions of many types from medicine wheel ceremony, soul mate retrieval ceremony to letting go ceremonies. He also is licensed to marry people and has done several vow renewal ceremonies.
 Feel free to contact him directly if you are interested in setting up a one on one...he's in Chicago until the end of next week. He will be back soon after touring two other cities!
 If not this trip, I've no doubt he will be able to set you up for his next trip to Chicago!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »
No, he hasn't really changed. Cosgrove is still calling himself a shaman, and still selling ceremony for big money in Sedona.

----------
http://www.centresedona.com/sedona-retreat.html

Sedona Retreat 2013-October
Divorce Recovery Retreat in Sedona, Arizona
The Support You Need to Bounce Back Better from Heartbreak
With Internationally Renowned Divorce Recovery Expert, Vikki Stark
October 9 - 13, 2013

You've been struggling ~ it's time for you to give yourself this gift
Come to Sedona this October and kickstart your healing!

Workshops and Activities
Sedona, Arizona, is known worldwide as a center of breathtaking natural grandeur and healing energy. Surrounded by desert and red rocks, the plans include:
•Daily workshops with Vikki Stark, M.S.W. to heal your heart from heartbreak
•A visit to the Vortex meditation sites where you can experience the energy of the earth
>>>A Healing Circle with Shaman Joseph White Wolf<<<
•Visit to the Chapel of the Holy Cross
•Hiking in the magnificent rugged terrain of Red Rock country
•Lunch at Rene's Restaurant
•Pink Jeep tour that takes you to the heart of the scenic beauty of Sedona's hills
•Daily yoga practice (optional)
•Visit to Tlaquepaque art galleries and shops that showcase native American jewellery and crafts

Cost: $1,950; ($150 deposit on registration)

Epiphany

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 11:41:45 pm »
Monica Zaffarano runs a production company "specializing in Commercial Advertising, Photography, and Film Production".
http://www.azaffaranoproduction.com/#a=0&at=0&mi=1&pt=0&pi=2&s=18&p=-1

So she knows how to put a spin on things, including Joseph's supposed biography and activities.

Joseph's father Larry Cosgrove is The Singing Trapper, from North Bay, Ontario.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPvF-Kqopvg Monica on her youtube account titles him "Larry - The Singing Trapper - Running Wolf Cosgrove" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqBfFR2LQA but she is the only person who uses that "Running Wolf Cosgrove". I think that is just marketing, but even if Larry now does use that stage or nick name, it doesn't tell us anything about the actual family ancestry.

I wonder where Joseph claims Algonquin from. He's claimed NDN ancestry through a paternal great grandmother, haven't found any evidence of that in records. Even if he has the ancestry he claims, he needs to stop with the ceremony selling.

Offline rain

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 10:15:20 pm »

Offline rain

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:50 pm »
The White Wolf turned into a Grey Wolf!!!!  :o  These people anything for the almighty bux!!!  ::)

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »
His latest ceremony selling was a few weeks ago, and he'll keep doing it in the coming months.

------
Medicine Wheel Workshop with Joseph White Wolf
Friends of Guests · By Marcy Honnold Morrison and Joseph White Wolf Cosgrove
?
Join Spiritual Teacher Joseph White Wolf (Mohawk/Algonquian Indian originally from Ontario, Canada) while he is in San Diego for a Medicine Wheel Workshop. Joseph will be in San Diego Thursday 9/26 through Sunday 9/29 and will be holding one-on-one sessions as well. Please RVSP if you would like to join Joseph for the workshop and to reserve a one-on-one spot - please contact me either by Facebook message or phone 1.858.213.5945 or email marcy@careerswithwings.com. Cost is $20 for the workshop and $150 for one and half hour one-on-one sessions - Joseph accepts cash or check. Feel free to share this invite with others who you feel would be interested. Joseph is part of a newly released amazing film by Elephant Tribe www.elephanttribe.org called "The Moon of the Changing Seasons: Everything is Alive."

-----
 Exciting news all San Diegans!!! Joseph White Wolf Cosgrove will be back here in San Diego, October 24 -29 and November 24 - 26. Joseph is truly AMAZING and AWESOME!!! My personal session with him last time he was here took me to a whole new level of being ~ transcending, transforming and heart expanding. Move quickly if you would like to see him as spots are filling up fast!!! Contact Marcy Honnold Morrison to book your session. Sending you all love

Epiphany

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2013, 02:17:19 am »
Joseph White Wolf

Independent Public Relations and Communications Professional

Flagstaff, Arizona Area
    Public Relations and Communications

Blessings dear friends...
I am a spiritual teacher/ inspirational speaker / story teller / dream whisperer /
Born Native American / Irish
My teaching come to me by was of living off the land and learning from my father being a fur trapper as well developing within me a great love for animals / plants and spirit molding me into my work that I share today...
I speak in group settings of spiritual retreats as well do one on one sessions in development and healing of ones self... My office is the land where together with clients we walk into the beauty of creation learning from all forms of creation surrounding us as well passing our path during our journey... My teaching are my own that have come to me through spirit being easy as well tender to apply during out time spent together... We all vision in learning many different ways that work for us within our own understandings and I am here to help you guide yourself into walking in the absolute perfection of your spirit...

Life is a beautiful gift that we get to unwrap each and every day...
Resting in that gift is love and once accepted it becomes our gift that we then are blessed to share with others...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-white-wolf/1a/3a5/391

Autumn

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2013, 03:39:51 am »
Blessings dear friends...
I am a spiritual teacher/ inspirational speaker / story teller / dream whisperer /
Born Native American / Irish
My teaching come to me by was of living off the land and learning from my father being a fur trapper as well developing within me a great love for animals / plants and spirit molding me into my work that I share today...
I speak in group settings of spiritual retreats as well do one on one sessions in development and healing of ones self... My office is the land where together with clients we walk into the beauty of creation learning from all forms of creation surrounding us as well passing our path during our journey... My teaching are my own that have come to me through spirit being easy as well tender to apply during out time spent together... We all vision in learning many different ways that work for us within our own understandings and I am here to help you guide yourself into walking in the absolute perfection of your spirit...

Life is a beautiful gift that we get to unwrap each and every day...
Resting in that gift is love and once accepted it becomes our gift that we then are blessed to share with others...

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joseph-white-wolf/1a/3a5/391

Yikes!  Communications Professional?  Someone get him a spell checker or teach him how to write a coherent sentence!!

And:  fur trapper / great love for animals - there is somewhat of a disconnect there, IMHO.  ??? ??? ???

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 12:56:47 am »
Cosgrove abandoned any pretense about caring about ethics. He has his own ceremony selling site. High priced, and even having the nerve to charge for pricey sessions by phone or while you are dreaming.

------
http://josephwhitewolf.net/dream-journey-vortex-tour-animal-totem-reading/
Vortex Spiritual Land Tours... $150/2 hour session.  (Two or more people for $120 per person)

Vortex Spiritual Land Tour with Customized Ritual...$250/2.5hr session.

Wedding or Recommitment Ceremony...$300

Land and Home Clearing...$250  This can also be done remotely.

Spiritual Services offered by Phone...

Animal Totem Reading...$100/1hr

Personal Clarity Reading...$100/1hr

Dream Vision Journey...entering into dreamtime and having more control of your nighttime dreams as well daydreams. $100/1hr

Dream Quest Journey...$500 / 8pm – 6am
Prices
 1 Person: $600 for first day, then $500 per additional day
 2 – 4 People: $350 for first day, then $300 per day per person
 5-10 People: $250 for first day, then $200 per day per person

Offline seapup

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 01:08:40 am »
He calls himself a shaman on his business card, but I don't think it's part of his name as some seem to indicate on the posts. I actually met him on a trip to Sedona unexpectedly. I was just there for a weekend and the concierge booked a tour with him. I didn't know who he was. For me the jury is still out because I don't know enough about him yet. It did come up he is Mohawk and from Canada when we were speaking to a lady we met after coming off the hiking trail. His accent did seem to be Canadian and he looked he could be of mixed heritage. I can say he didn't try to take advantage of me or get more money out of me. On FB he just publishes his thought for the day which are positive musings on various topics. So far he has not spammed me with ads or asked for anything unlike some other New Agers I could name.

I came across Eliza White Buffalo, and Irish lady who refers to him as a brother, when I was searching on Joseph to find out more about him as he claimed a friend in Sedona was treating cancer and had about a 85% success rate. I was rather curious to see if there was anything about this on the Internet. I came across a video on the "DNA" medicine wheel he took me to that belongs to the friend working on cancer clients, but the video is no longer on YouTube. I believe Joseph does retreats now so I don't think the websites up are currently accurate and it sounds as if he has his own place in Sedona with his son so he must be fairly successful business wise. As for Eliza White Buffalo she has put out some channeled books and claims to be a medium. I have never met her so I can't say if she is legit or not. She recently posted on FB her book(s) might be made into a movie. Still waiting to see if this happens or not as even if true there is a project in the works Hollywood is notorious for taking years to get things made or deals going bad.

I ran across a lady in one of the groups I participate in via the Internet who had heard of them and said some of the other Native Americans didn't agree with what they were doing. When I asked what that was she didn't answer so I am sure if they have a project/agenda tied to the Native Americans outside of Eliza White Buffalo's teachings in her books she said she channeled from Black Elk and others.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 02:51:39 am »
Cosgrove is ceremony selling in Sedona in the next few months, and is charging much more.

---------
Letting Go Spiritual Journey $595 each.
At Abrigados Resort and Spa.
Hotel room not included.
Medicine wheel
Letting go ceremony
Shamanic journey
Purification ceremony
Closure ceremony

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 05:35:25 pm »
This was forwarded to me. Cosgrove's partner sent some pretty hostile threats to a critic of his. So much for the sooper spirchul front.

------

Wow...you sure have a lot of hatred within you.  Your words are a reflection of your feelings towards yourself, as well as your hatred towards yourself.  I feel sorry for you.  Your transparent rant is embarrassing to you.  Do you not think that the police have been able to track your IP address and identify who and where you are?  There is enough documentation of e-mails that you have sent people for a slander case.  Joseph remembers you and does not want to do this.  Are you intelligent enough to comprehend what you have documented and how it could hurt you? 

We shall all continue to thrive here in Sedona and continue to wish you well.  I do know that Joseph's business has been thriving more and more with your negative postings....so thank you!  Yourself and one website has been such a blessing!  The saying of any publicity is good publicity is certainly true in this case!

Thank you for all that you have done and Merry Christmas
Joanne