Author Topic: Roy Glass, AKA Roy Spotted Eagle  (Read 188813 times)

Offline Superdog

Re: Roy Glass, AKA Roy Spotted Eagle
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 12:13:17 am »
Reading Epiphany's posts I'm gonna have to edit my previous thoughts that it was likely he had Cherokee heritage....now I'm wondering where Roy gets this idea....but he's definitely running with it.

This past January, a Local TV station in SC running an opinion segment called Scene On 7 called Roy in specially to get his opinion on the Redskins team changing their name.  Unsurprisingly, he was brought in to "surprise" people because he's supportive of it *facepalm*.   The nonexistent Grammy nomination is heavily referenced by the host early on.  Roy is fb friends with one of the hosts of the show Kimberly Kelly, who also supports the redskin mascot and claims she's Pawnee. 

http://www2.sceneon7.com/entertainment/2013/jan/11/main-event-ar-5348658/#fbcomments

Mostly he just rambles, but apparently he's never heard the history of the team owner George Preston Marshall (dubbed the leading racist in football).  The last team owner in the NFL to allow black players and proposed to his wife to a backdrop of white actors in blackface.  The original name of the franchise was the Boston Braves (the same as the baseball team because they played on the same field).  He changed it the first year he owned the team....you can guess why....wasn't honor.  smh....

Superdog

Epiphany

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 12:14:20 am »
Here is a statement he made on his Facebook page photos along with the photo. He has quite a story to go along with it!

"Something to share this is all my Gr Grandfather John Glas had left when he got to OK 1839 we will never forget you Gr Grandfather on Nov 10th our drum will beat for GR Grandfather and for all that fell on that trail were they cried stay strong all"

He has a great grandfather John Davis Glass, born and died in McDowell North Carolina.  1880 - 1905.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=glass&GSfn=john&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSst=29&GScntry=4&GSob=n&GRid=19515419&df=all&

Marriage:

Name:    J D Glass
Birth Date:    abt 1880
Race:    White
Spouse:    J R Satterwhite
Spouse Gender:    Female
Spouse Age:    20
Spouse Race:    White
Marriage Date:    16 Oct 1900
Marriage County:    Mcdowell
Marriage State:    North Carolina

In 1880 US federal census John and his parents all listed as white. Both of John's parents from North Carolina, and their own respective parents all from North Carolina.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:36:33 pm by Piff »

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 12:25:13 am »
WOW! This is all incredible! You all have accessed so much in so little time. It seems very evident that he is NOT what he claims to be.

Epiphany

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 12:40:34 am »
WOW! This is all incredible! You all have accessed so much in so little time. It seems very evident that he is NOT what he claims to be.

:) I have an ancestry.com subscription for the month and time for research today, so have been working up Roy's lineage. Starting with that obit given early in thread, then looking over census and military records, along with lineages other folks have done already for various family branches, plus finding online memorials that already exist all have made for success today.

If you find any other specific claims about his family, especially with names, let us know, I can compare to what I see so far.

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 12:57:08 am »
Here is another caption and picture from his Facebook page.

"Thomas Glass 1852 we lost our land we hurt we saw our brothers and sisters fall down to their deaths we sang songs as we walked threw the snow we had no food we prayed we fell with sickness we cried we held on when there was nothing to hold we bleed inside and out we have no feet to stand with we crawl as our life freezes our songs are strong great spirit creator hears us all his son warms us to keep going threw ice and snow we cried Thomas Glass died in 1858 he was hung by the neck for steeling a horse that he didn't have Thomas Glass my great uncle we will sing the songs in Honor of this great Cherokee Brave in his words I hang on to what's not said and I wish to share that with all of you and that is we didn't quit AHO many blessing to you all stay strong"

Epiphany

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2013, 02:23:10 am »
The brother of Roy's grandfather Francis Satterwhite Glass is Thomas Edgar Glass, 1903 - 1982, born and died North Carolina.

Roy's great grandfather Glass is John Davis Glass 1880 - 1905. Doesn't look like he has a brother named Thomas. Even if he did, the time frame would be different than Roy's story. 

I'll keep a copy of that photo, just in case can find out who it is.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:07:25 am by Piff »

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2013, 02:36:04 am »
This man lies so much, this may not even be a relative. It may just be a picture that was in a frame he bought at a yard sale. Thank you so much for all your work into this. I wish I had this much luck searching my own lineage.

Offline bearheart

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2013, 04:01:31 am »
Chikasha Truth,
   This was what I was speaking of earlier about the trail of tears. Roy Glass stated that this gown belonged to a child by the name of Frank, his ancestor and was killed on the trail and buried there. He later stated to many people that the grave was discovered by him through a vision and that Talaquah Oklahoma had confirmed it was true by doing DNA soil samples that matched his DNA 99.9% This is when we knew for a fact that he was a fake. (no one in their right mind would believe that story) it is not possible to test such things in that manner. We are talking about 1800's here. In the year 2011 Dec. he put dailey post on f/b that were suposely from journals written by his ancestors on the trail of tears. Says they are in Cherokee.
    Another concern is how many ? people have given him donations for the Cherokee Boys Home. We know for a fact that he has taken up donations for the Boys home at Pow Wows and he has been selling his CD's stating that all proceeds went to the children at the Cherokee Boys Home. Do not believe that to be the truth.It is a shame that people are taking advantage of in this manner.

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »
Wow! That is a really incredible and FAR FETCHED tail! The grave was discovered by ROY? In a vision? WOW! Who in Tahlequah confirmed this? They must have some new DNA technology that is unknown to the rest of the world, being able to read an accuracy of 99.9% from soil after 168 years in the elements!

Many have given donations. He does so called ceremonies, pulls people aside one at a time and asks them to give money for gas. Not only gas for him, but for others that are coming to participate. Only thing is, nobody else receives the gas money. This results in hundreds of dollars each time. He always tells them, "in the spirit of giving and in the ceremony, never disclose the gas donation." And these so called ceremonies are something completely made up, fabricated mumbo jumbo!

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 07:59:40 pm »
Raising or taking funds intended for a charity is clearly illegal. If there haven't been any charges filed against him or lawsuits, I have to wonder why not. I strongly urge all involved, go to the police and DA now.

I also strongly urge those involved to go to the local media right now, and use the information Epiphany has gathered. The local paper or local TV news should be all over something like this, and publicity would shut down anything further by Glass.

I see online Glass has given speeches on Cherokee heritage at libraries, and that's one more thing that can be shut down by contacting them. Same with Glass at powwows, contact the powwow organizers.

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2013, 08:15:11 pm »
Reading Epiphany's posts I'm gonna have to edit my previous thoughts that it was likely he had Cherokee heritage....now I'm wondering where Roy gets this idea....but he's definitely running with it.

This past January, a Local TV station in SC running an opinion segment called Scene On 7 called Roy in specially to get his opinion on the Redskins team changing their name.  Unsurprisingly, he was brought in to "surprise" people because he's supportive of it *facepalm*.   The nonexistent Grammy nomination is heavily referenced by the host early on.  Roy is fb friends with one of the hosts of the show Kimberly Kelly, who also supports the redskin mascot and claims she's Pawnee. 

http://www2.sceneon7.com/entertainment/2013/jan/11/main-event-ar-5348658/#fbcomments

Mostly he just rambles, but apparently he's never heard the history of the team owner George Preston Marshall (dubbed the leading racist in football).  The last team owner in the NFL to allow black players and proposed to his wife to a backdrop of white actors in blackface.  The original name of the franchise was the Boston Braves (the same as the baseball team because they played on the same field).  He changed it the first year he owned the team....you can guess why....wasn't honor.  smh....

Superdog

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 08:17:34 pm »
Many of the local Pow Wows leaders believe his rant! We are gathering all the information we can to shut these things down. As for the local TV station, this woman seems to love him. we will be contacting authorities and media on this!

Offline Superdog

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:41 am »
A little more on Roy's confusion about his hometown on his About page on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/Royspottedeagle/info
Lists hometown as "Stillwater, OK", but in the About box it says "3/4 Cherokee western band,of the Bird clan,born stillwell,OK"

Two different places.  Stillwater is the college town of OSU in north central Oklahoma....Stilwell (not Stillwell) is near the eastern border of Oklahoma.  Stilwell is at least in the area of Tahlequah (which someone else mentioned he's used as well), but he seems rather confused.   

Superdog

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 12:33:33 am »
Oh, he's not confused, he's just trying to confuse the public. He know exactly what he is doing and he is good at it. There will be a lot more that will come to light I'm sure!

Offline ChikashaTruth

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2013, 05:00:20 am »
Here's another Facebook Post:

Roy Spotted Eagle
September 7, 2011
Not to be rude but to all of you that keep asking I am not a part of any indian groop CNA or othere groop I have my CDIB from UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR BRUEU OF INDIAN AFFAIRS EASTREN OKLAHOMA REGIONAL OFC I all so have my CHEROKEE NATION TRIBAL CARD I am a part of the CHEROKEE NATION who respect all people that are true to there ways