Author Topic: information needed if possible  (Read 11453 times)

Offline Amber

information needed if possible
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:43:53 am »
"Danka Brewer (Timmerman)"  Kingston Ontario Canada
claims she is a grandmother, medicine woman, pipe carrier , pow-wow MC for Silver Lake pow-wow( mostly fake Algonquins) is part of the fake land claim including ( Sharbot Lake Chief Doreen Davis ,who claims she is related to Catherine Sharbot-Duchene, Cathrine Sharbot-Duchene has a pending law suit against the fraud land claim and the government , regarding her grandfather who Sharbot Lake was named after.. saw this in the paper , Recorder and Times), Silver Lake and (Ardoch Chief Bob Lovelace another fake) are also involved in the fake land claim.

"Norm Tremblay"  Ottawa,Ontario Canada... this guy admitted buying a status card in the 80's for 50 bucks..
first he was a Mohawk. then an Algonquin now hes an Abenaki and a pipe carrier

"Debra O'Toole" Arnprior Ontario Canada.. back in 2001 she was known on the net as Neaha itcha lo...
she has a msn group "wind runners" and was selling ceremonies on cam. claims to be a medicine woman, pipe carrier, dream reader, aura reader , and famous native artist.. first she was Algonquin, the Algonquin/Mohawk now she says she is Innu

"Moonie" aka "Cathy Tuttle"... claims she is a spiritual reader.. charges for it.. calls it honorarium says she is Ojibway

"Willy Bruce" says he is Migmaw... played flute at my wedding was a helper of the grandfather who married us... now says he is a grandfather and medicine man

I know this is a lot.. hope anything I gave helps..

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: information needed if possible
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:16:23 pm »
"Danka Brewer (Timmerman)"  Kingston Ontario Canada
claims she is a grandmother, medicine woman, pipe carrier , pow-wow MC for Silver Lake pow-wow( mostly fake Algonquins) is part of the fake land claim including ( Sharbot Lake Chief Doreen Davis ,who claims she is related to Catherine Sharbot-Duchene, Cathrine Sharbot-Duchene has a pending law suit against the fraud land claim and the government , regarding her grandfather who Sharbot Lake was named after.. saw this in the paper , Recorder and Times), Silver Lake and (Ardoch Chief Bob Lovelace another fake) are also involved in the fake land claim.

"Norm Tremblay"  Ottawa,Ontario Canada... this guy admitted buying a status card in the 80's for 50 bucks..
first he was a Mohawk. then an Algonquin now hes an Abenaki and a pipe carrier

"Debra O'Toole" Arnprior Ontario Canada.. back in 2001 she was known on the net as Neaha itcha lo...
she has a msn group "wind runners" and was selling ceremonies on cam. claims to be a medicine woman, pipe carrier, dream reader, aura reader , and famous native artist.. first she was Algonquin, the Algonquin/Mohawk now she says she is Innu

"Moonie" aka "Cathy Tuttle"... claims she is a spiritual reader.. charges for it.. calls it honorarium says she is Ojibway

"Willy Bruce" says he is Migmaw... played flute at my wedding was a helper of the grandfather who married us... now says he is a grandfather and medicine man

I know this is a lot.. hope anything I gave helps..

Hello, I know you're just getting started in here. Usually we have a thread for each person whose asked about. Makes it simpler, esp if one person turns out to be innocent and another not so innocent.

Do you have any proof of any of the above that I bolded? The way you worded it comes across as reckless accusations of many different people. And just looking at the claims you make it does seem at least for some of them it may not be true, at least what I've found so far.

Danka Brewer- says her NDN name is White Bear Woman. Nothing online I could find of any claims to be a medicine woman, just an MC at powwows and involved in some issues, obviously including Sharbot Lake.

The whole question that some of these involved in the disputes may (and I stress may) not be what they claim to be as far as ancestry, and are imposing themselves into the land disputes, that I concede. But most of what you've asked or asserted on here is about them claiming to be medicine people, and for almost all listed, there's no evidence I can find so far.

Norm Tremblay- very common name in that area, so it's hard to sort out. I did find a brief comment on a FB site, Abenaki Adventures, whose from Odanak. That's it, no one online by that name claiming to be Mohawk or Algonquin.

Debra OToole is part of a site doing Native art. But she does not claim there to be NDN, only inspired by or admiring, esp of WM Commanda. MSN groups are gone now, and I couldn't find any cached site by the name you mentioned.

Cathy Tuttle- honorarium is often given out by schools or research groups, and if it's not for ceremony it wouldn't necessarily be unethical. She has a blog here, and nowhere on it I could see does she claim to be Native. She's mostly an environmentalist, sometimes touches on Native issues.
http://greenwallingford.ning.com/profiles/blog/list?user=2vbzwt4wc3k9

Willy Bruce- if he's so unethical why was he so closely involved in your family events?
His bio is here on a Canadian govt site, mostly a geologist whose worked on Native issues.
http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/com/deptmini/traipion/willybruce-eng.php

Again, there may be evidence I haven't seen yet, or missed. If there are people of dubious claims involved in the land claim dispute, that's one thing. But so far at least, no sign of any of them being spiritual exploiters.

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »
Danka Brewer does NOT have status .. and used to call herself a Metis

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:24:53 pm »
Re: Algonquin land claims

First, I must express my thanks to you for bringing to public awareness that we are in a land claims process. I find myself in the position to help clarify a few things in regards to your recent article "Algonquin Land Claim faces many hurdles", page 2 of your February 16, 2006 issue.

The Algonquin in the Sharbot Lake and surrounding areas did have the opportunity to become reservation natives but our Chief at the time in the 1700's wanted us to remain on our lands to keep our culture and traditions alive and to work our own relationship with the new comers.  Assimilation comes with contact and adopting different customs, attire and detachment from one’s own customs and beliefs and traditions. We refuse to be assimilated, we are here and we are staying.  We are working on making all our local communities vibrant multi-cultural communities. We Algonquin are not a "vanished culture" or "eliminated" and we don't have "only a faint connection to this past".  In the Sharbot Lake area alone we are approximately 1,700 strong. And to your statement "non-status Algonquin are anything but a unified group and have many divergent, seemingly irreconcilable, viewpoints about the land claim and their own future as a community" - yes, we may have political differences, but that is no different than the mainstream society having at least threepolitical parties. Not even all members of the same parties agree on everything. It in no way detracts from our community.

I am Danka (Timmerman) Brewer, daughter of Paul Timmerman Sr., son of Mary Ann Guigue, daughter of Margaret Innes Sharbot, who is the daughter of Mary Ann Sharbot, who is the daughter of Chief Francis Sharbot and Mary Susan Negig (one of the first Algonquin persons settled in Sharbot Lake) and proudly Algonquin.

Danka Brewer

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »
problem with the last statement is that the SHOAROT family are Mohawk... this can be found out threw many articles and threw the direct family.. the government made them Algonquins .. it was not a choice they had.. it was just done.. Catherine Sharbot is in a dispute with the government over this as we speak , and refuses to take an Algonquin card, she wants her family to have their PROPER status back.. .. with all this fraud stuff going on.. hard to know whats what...and if your not in Canada and seeing it all first hand ya still dont know whats what...lol

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »
meant to say SHARBOT family

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »

Offline nishkwe

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 09:23:59 pm »
You have the wrong Cathy Tuttle on that link, the one in your link is from the US .

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 06:16:53 pm »
Sekoh Kwe;

My name is Catherine Duchene and my Mother was a Sharbot. I carry federal status under the Indian act as an Algonquin from Pikwakanagan yet we were always told we were Mohawk and this is well written in history, NOT by myself.
Many issues have come up in history regarding my family and none of this is my fault either for I did not write history but there is a lot of manipulation of history lately BECAUSE of an ongoing land claim process.
Firstly, no I am not a ceremony seller nor do I support the Algonquin Land claim nor the process itself.
I have watched people come out of the woodwork in this land claim as a non status person because they can not or do not qualify for status under the current system, that is not my fault either. What I do not understand, is Inac has our family tree and has qualified our family for status and have not allowed others to qualify because they do not have the proper documents to prove who they are, yet they are all negotiating this land claim as my family relatives. Doreen Davis, Danka brewer and many many more. During this land claim process, I have watched my family tree change too. Like my great great grandmothers name change and so on. INAC is the LEGAL Authority to give status, yet in the land claim process it goes through another entity.
I have challenged a few people claiming to be in my family to submit to a DNA test (at my cost) to see if there are any familial match, but they do not respond to that. As we know, even the smallest amount of familial dna would show up as recognized, but everyone runs from that proof.
On this site, there are things that were submitted and I can only venture to assume whoever had submitted must have stolen that information from somewhere and that is ONLY part of the truths, but like usual, people use what is convenient for them to discredit someone or something for a reason. No one in this land claim process wants to talk about truths or facts about the land designation and that is not my fault either.
I have attempted to fight this land claim process for so many reasons, but mostly because of all the people who are negotiating it as non status with NO proper documentation or proof of who they are, while at the same time, the governments have been fighting the Daniels decision for the past 10 years plus!!!! Many people would like me to just go away and stop fighting this land claim process, but I will NOT !!! NOt as long as I have people CLAIMING to be my family and are afraid to prove it.

Catherine