Author Topic: Miktlan Ehekateotl Kuauhtlinxan  (Read 7804 times)

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
Miktlan Ehekateotl Kuauhtlinxan
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:05:33 pm »
I never heard of the guy until recently from a few people recommending the video. I'm not sure if he's a fraud or what.

Then some movie/documentary called Serpent & The Sun?

So does that make him a real or fictional character?

Just confused.

Offline Laurel

Re: Miktlan Ehekateotl Kuauhtlinxan
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:12:04 pm »
Having looked at the Amazon page for Serpent and the Sun, I'm interested in knowing who "Shaahin Cheyene" is.

About the Director
Shaahin Cheyene is a writer,filmmaker,lecturer and herbalist based in Los Angeles, California. In the 1990's Cheyene spearheaded the smart drug movement by inventing Herbal Ecstacy and over 200 other award winning products. Herbal Ecstacy became a global phenomena [sic] that sold over 300,000,000 units. In 2000 Cheyene invented the Vapir Vaporizer and authored the definitive book on the science of Vaporization. Cheyene has recently completed the documentary film Serpent And The Sun : Tales Of An Aztec Apprentice and written the companion book Darkness: The Power Of Illumination.
Product Description
Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask yourself this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use. Carlos Castaneda Extraordinary and inventive, The Serpent and the Sun was filmed on a month long journey through Mexico . This riveting ;Hybrid Documentary and explores the roots of an Aztec medicine man and his apprentice while trekking through the mountains of rural Mexico . This powerful visual feast combines dreamlike panoramic landscapes with memorable characters and their heart warming stories while tracing the adventures of this unlikely duo as they travel throughout rural Mexico on a journey of epic proportions. Tachi is 21 and has lived below the poverty line all of his life. He is a member of the Revolutionary Zapatista Collectivein Mexico City . He is searching for his roots. Ehe is a 52nd generation Aztec medicine man from the Tetzkatlipoka Tradition of Darkness and a traditional healer (Curandero). Through a series of extraordinary circumstances the two meet. Tachi's life is changed forever.

http://www.amazon.com/Serpent-Sun-Tales-Aztec-Apprentice/dp/B002QWRSU0/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1300734277&sr=1-1

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »
I have some doubts about this man, mostly because of how this documentary presents him.

----------
http://www.serpentandthesun.com/cast-miktlan.html
Miktlan Ehekateotl Kuahtlinxan – Medicine Man
The carrier of the word of the Tetzkatlipoka Tradition.
Teacher of the ancient and  sacred Aztec (Mexica) healing system of Wewepahtli .
For over 468 years my people have been in hiding. Our tradition has been passed down from generation to generation. I am the last. Now, the time for hiding is over.

-----------

Texcatlipoca was the Aztec god of war, and one thirsty for human sacrifice. Quetzalcoatl was their god of healing.
And Aztec traditions are certainly not in hiding. Nahua healers are not unusual in central Mexico, after all, because there are millions of Nahua people and hundreds of Nahua villages. MEK is far from the last of them (if he actually is one.)

If you got to his myspace page he seems far more an altmusic and althealing type.
http://www.myspace.com/iamehe

If you got his photos you see what was kind of hidden by the photo used in the ads for that documentary. MEK seems to be mestizo or perhaps even entirely of Spanish ancestry, fairskinned, light brown hair and big puffy mustache.

Most of what's on MEK is on the documentary. If you go to Amazon, it shows most of those who bought the doc also bought Mel Gibson's racist travesty Apocalypto. Their recommendations don't thrill me. It seems to be liked by those with just the barest idea of who the Aztecs were and are so they can fall for the idea MEK is supposedly "the last one" of their healers.

If you go to the cached version of this site you'll see an event he was part of.
http://ehekateotl.multiply.com/journal

They claim there's a convergence, a meeting of divine figures, Buddha merging with Quezalcoatl merging with Wakan Tanka.

Here's his blog, where he's gone gray and now looks like a longhaired Colonel Sanders in a t shirt.
http://ehekateotl.blogspot.com/2010/04/human-tribe.html

It's vague notions where he proposes forming One Human Tribe. Not exactly novel. And notice it's written in English. If no one translated it for him, it's remarably good English, no indication it was written by someone with English as a second language.

I don't see much signs of him exploiting people for money, or any of the worser things we often see frauds do. I just really doubt this guy is anything but some vague mixed ideas pretending to be Aztec. He could even have been a curandero back in Mexico and might have some actual healing abilities and knowledge.

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:05 pm »
Finally seen the movie:

To sum it up, the movie is history mix with new age stuff.

The entire movie can be watched here:
http://www.mexicauprising.net/serpentandthesun.html

Offline nobuddy

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 09:12:34 pm »
 :D I know Ehe, I've known for a couple of decades now. He's a fun guy, quick to laugh and tell jokes. He's a really good hearted man. I think that this would not upset him , you all questioning his "authenticity". I'm sure the comads would be on me with laughter and smiles saying this is a waste of time. Who needs to defend themselves when they're doing good work for their community you know? I can't speak for him so I won't but I will say that this kind of thing is sort out of control at times. People come on here to find out if someone is safe or not right? If they are stealing a culture they are not a part of. Etc.  I don't know, if he met you you all would end up having a good time together I bet. Azteca tradition doesn't look like the spanish catholic versions so many people are exposed to through the velaciones and danza azteca. It's honestly very different and to me, a lot prettier and a heck of a lot happier with a deep sense of seriousness. So I guess you all can make your assumptions but I think you will find it very difficult to prove or disprove anyone from a culture that you were not born into. BTW , he speaks about 5 different languages that I'm aware of maybe more so if you wanna ask him yourself you can find him on facebook. Message him and ask him. What else is there to do? All of this "research" is through the internet and I don't see any of you asking the man himself. So , start there. Then bash away.
for those people who lie to make themselves feel better, you have my utmost compassion, it must be hard to live in a world of illusion and make your best attempt to drag others into your own "reality"...

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »
NB or Xotzin, perhaps you could help us more. Some of what you were saying wasn't clear because of your defensiveness about MEK. There was no "bashing", only trying to get at the truth.

You claim both he and you were raised in the traditions. Both of you are Nahua? I do see that you live in the suburbs of Denver, so I'm curious. I wasn't aware of a Nahua community in the area when I was station at Fitzsimmons. But that was in the 80s, so perhaps people have come there since.

What is the good work you're referring to? I see you've done a march vs Monsanto, but I'm not sure what his good work is.

It's not unusual for Mexicans seeking to connect with their indigenous roots to get fixated on the Aztecs and assume them to be the stand in for all NDNs in MX, though there are at least 80 major tribes there. When he makes the grand claim of being THE  bearer of all Mexican NDN traditions, and the PRINCIPAL medicine man for all Mexicans, it's understandable that people would be skeptical.

I did find another site where he calls himself a curandero. That seems more accurate to me.

Offline tecpaocelotl

• That one guy...
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 06:05:45 pm »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 06:50:27 pm »
some people called Hilter a good man
In Spirit

Offline amorYcohetes

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 06:06:19 am »
So does that make him a real or fictional character?
This seems to me to be the main question about the film, which I haven't seen.  If it is a fictionalized portrayal, it may not mean this man intended to promote himself the same way the film does.

http://ehekateotl.blogspot.com/2010/04/human-tribe.html  ...notice it's written in English. If no one translated it for him, it's remarkably good English, no indication it was written by someone with English as a second language.
Maybe this is splitting hairs, but actually I did note grammatical mistakes consistent with a native Spanish speaker or even a machine translation, and the version of the same essay posted in Spanish seems more correct (although I do see a couple mistakes, I think). Since I am not as fluent in written Spanish as English, I wouldn't say for sure. I see that his blog settings are in Spanish, as is his Facebook, where he says his languages are Nahuatl, Spanish, and English.  On the blog he is listed as living in Mexico City.

I don't see much signs of him exploiting people for money, or any of the worser things we often see frauds do. I just really doubt this guy is anything but some vague mixed ideas pretending to be Aztec. He could even have been a curandero back in Mexico and might have some actual healing abilities and knowledge.... I did find another site where he calls himself a curandero. That seems more accurate to me.
Educated Indian, this assessment makes sense to me.

some people called Hilter a good man
Respectfully, I don't see that this comparison is warranted in this particular case, with the evidence presented at this point. 

Although I do agree that statements like
I don't know, if he met you you all would end up having a good time together I bet.
are irrelevant to the purpose of this forum, so why even post something like that?