Author Topic: Tantra Abuse Forum  (Read 29120 times)

Offline Lodro

Tantra Abuse Forum
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:59:31 am »
Off topic, I know, but I'm now seriously considering opening a branch affiliate of NAFPS devoted to abuse of the term "tantra".  ::)

Offline nemesis

Tantra Abuse Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:37:28 am »
Please, please do this.  There is a very, very great need for such a thing.

I can help.  A lot.

PM me if you are serious about this.

apukjij

Tantra Abuse Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 03:35:19 pm »
I think its very much needed Lodro, in my younger days i studied Eastern Medicine, I studied the 5 Element theory, took beginning and intermediate in Jin Shin Do Accupressure, i was received my Reiki Attunement from Fran Brown, 4 Generation Master (theres only 1 real Reiki Lineage all the others are imposters) and studied Mantak Chia's works for many years, and trained in Medical QiQong under Master Po, Chang Yee.
(LoL  this is what happens when you leave da Rez to go to university and end up renting a room with someone who ended up being President of the Massage Therapy Association in New Brunswick)
I never studied Tantra, and never would. What i learned was the Rise of the Kundalini Serpent, is a Life-Phase that happens on its own, when your body is ready. Even one of Peter Ross Voigt links in the other thread clearly states, it takes 20 years of work to raise the Kundalini Serpent, (he then goes on offering classes, i wonder how many of his students noticed that sentence in his introduction).

But this is very dangerous, Sifu Dr. Ko (QiQong Master) teaches:
he focused energy of internal power - chi (qi) - can badly damage the novice or beginner. Learn the body's normal reactions-and its warning signals-before you begin the practice of chi (qi) cultivation. Always learn the exercises from a truly qualified and certified instructor and not from somebody who has just had a weekend seminar or 30-day short course on qigong and believes themselves that they can teach it to someone else.
It can even lead to psychosis > Zouhuo rumo. see the wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physio-kundalini_syndrome
Finally everything ive learned stated that orgasm is too be avoided during all of these exercises, it will spend all the energy you have worked so diligently to raise up.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:33:16 pm by apukjij »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
Re: Tantra Abuse Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 08:24:16 pm »
I also think it's badly needed, but doubt I could do more than offer encouragement.

Just doing a search for Tantra fake or Tantra fraud turns up some interesting links, including a book with a warning on Fake Tantra, and another article with a warning at the bottom.

http://books.google.com/books?id=aZJugGFrqAcC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=tantra+fake&source=bl&ots=H9877hZF0p&sig=kpl22mSxCO81XijAVMZEEjb89Sk&hl=en&ei=egWATJzvFMSblgeCuvDfDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-You-Should-Know-About-Tantra-Body-Massage&id=3606601

The entire book Stripping the Gurus is online and has lots of information on various abusive gurus or faux-gurus.
http://www.strippingthegurus.com/index.html#stgtoc

We also would be glad to give advice on how critics may try to shut you down and what to do about that.

Offline Lodro

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:12:09 pm »
That is advice I would be very grateful for.

nasari

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »
Lodro,
I think it would be very timely to open up such a forum, the internet needs one.
By all means, please open up this forum .
Thank you,
TL
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 02:53:55 pm by Tigerlilly »

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:35:52 pm »
Contact me if you need a hosting partner.

apukjij

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:38:08 am »
Just in case your wondering whether i still practice all those Modalities i mentioned.
The answer is No.
My introduction to the awareness of UG Krishnamurti and his influence in my life put a stop to ALL that....  as well on my Native Spirituality side, it coincided with the exact time i had to say No to the pan-indianism which poisoned our Mi'kmaq People.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:49:23 am by apukjij »

Offline Lodro

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 02:32:41 pm »
All, thanks for the encouragement!. As to a hosting partner: I'd be grateful for any pointers.

"may it benefit sentient beings", as the saying is.

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:59:18 am »
you have a pm.

Offline amorYcohetes

Some history I didn't know
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 06:18:21 pm »
This is really going off on a tangent, so rather than start a new etc. thread I'll post here...  I was just really struck by a post linked by an Indian-from-India (Hindu) friend on FB, about what might be the most infamous spiritual misappropriation of all time:

http://satyameva-jayate.org/2007/02/08/swastika-nazis-and-sacred-symbols/

Offline Lodro

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 05:11:34 am »
Yes certainly, although the Indian revolutionaries who founded the Indian National Army were only too keen to claim that here "the eastern swastika joined the western (i.e. Nazi) swastika.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_National_Army

but this is going off on a tangent indeed.

pencil

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 04:48:26 pm »
I'd also be interested in such a forum. My neighbor went to India a couple of years ago with her husband and said that yoga and gurus are a cottage industry in India. The problem is that because India receives so much money from these industries in the form of tourist and travel dollars, the government there is very hesitant in doing anything or step in or regulate.

Gullible Westerners fall for these stories they've read in a few books from these gurus, many Australian, Canadian and American backpackers are there staying at ashrams because they're cheap and they can easily get marijuana. These ashrams make a fortune and they pay off governement officials who look the other way. The gullibility factor plays a similar to what the Plastic Shamans do.

Offline KrazyKraut

• Psiram
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 01:18:12 pm »
Still interested? Lodro, you have a PM.

Offline Lodro

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 06:22:18 pm »
I know, I saw it, and I think I replied I am still interested, but I'll reply.

Thanks!