Author Topic: Lessert Moore  (Read 27512 times)

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

Lessert Moore
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »
  Does anyone know of this man Lessert Moore? He is, apparently, an enrolled member of OST living here in N. California. He sometimes uses the title "Chief Whirlwind". From what I have heard recently he is claiming to be a medicine man and seems to be "teaching" a number of white groupies in my area from his home in Ukiah, CA. It seems like some of the local Woo Merchants list him as a teacher.

http://www.joyadler.com/healing/bio.htm

http://www.spiritualawarenesscounseling.com/meet.htm

http://www.givingspiritform.com/facilitator.html

If anyone has any other info on him it would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:25:38 pm by Twinkie_Slayer »

Offline tahcha_sapa

Re: Lessert Moore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 06:01:23 pm »
 Does anyone know of this man Lessert Moore? He is, apparently, an enrolled member of OST living here in N. California. He sometimes uses the title "Chief Whirlwind". From what I have heard recently he is claiming to be a medicine man and seems to be "teaching" a number of white groupies in my area from his home in Ukiah, CA. It seems like some of the local Woo Merchants list him as a teacher.

"http://www.spiritualawarenesscounseling.com/meet.htm

Signficant teachers of mine include:

... Lessert Moore, Rick Thomas & Patti Thomas, Lakota Elders ..."

The common thing that all three share is Norbert Running.  Norbert made the mistake of trusting people around him.  Lessert Moore and Rick Thomas used to insist on occupying prominent places in Norbert's Ironwood sundance.  They exploited the easy-going Norbert and the Lakota of Rosebud. Patty Thomas, Rick's sister, later married Norbert and moved him away from Rosebud after Norman, Norbert's oldest son, made life difficult for her.  She, like Harold and Alva ("White Horse") Thompson, represented an economic threat to Norman's planned conquest over Norbert's lucrative Ironwood sundance.           
   Norman ordered Patty out of Norbert's house on Rosebud and Norbert sat there and didn't do a thing.  She packed her things and left.  Then Norbert moved to Santee to live with Patty.
   Norbert later left Patty.  He returned to Rosebud but he couldn't return to his own home.  One of his daughters had taken it over and wouldn't let him back into his own house, on his own land.  Norbert was an easy-going guy.  So Norbert moved to a trailer way out in the middle of no-where, near the tribal buffalo range.  Lessert saw the opportunity to exploit Norbert's homelessness and sundanceless condition.  Over the years, Lessert had compiled mailing lists of visitors, sundancers and supporters when he participated at the old Ironwood sundance and when he saw the opportunity to "legitimize" a plan for his own sundance by exploiting Norbert's old sundance (the same way Albert White Hat, Florentine Blue Thunder and Steve McCullogh had done), he used his mailing lists to solicit money from distant, off-reservation and non-Indian names on the lists and to promote his "Four Winds" sundance.  It was held near Norbert's trailer and Norbert occupied a prominent place in Lessert's sundance although Lessert was the ostensible, and visible, big cheese of the whole event.
   Lessert even had a flag waving beside the road, like a used car lot, promoting "4 WINDS SUNDANCE".  "4WINDS" was on the first line and, without serifs on the "D", it looked like "4WINOS SUNDANCE".  The few sundancers who participated were non-indigenous, white.
   So, Lessert Moore, like Rick & Patty Thomas, is a self-promoter.  But unlike Rick & Patty (who are Dakota and not Lakota), Lessert may actually be an enrolled member of the Rosebud Sioux Tribe. 
   Enrolled or not, the exploitation of Lakota spiritual traditions for ones own benefit is unacceptable and needs to be publicly condemned.       

Offline Twinkie_Slayer

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 09:41:25 pm »
 Thanks for the information. The people that I've encountered who claim Lessert as a "teacher" have all been hooked up with that Ina Maka (Norman's?) sundance and are all non native.

Offline likeman

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:15:34 pm »

http://www.joyadler.com/healing/bio.htm

http://www.givingspiritform.com/facilitator.html

ok lemme  ask who do you think you guys are of course he is lakota i know the guy he is my uncle and yes he is enrolled just because he is light colored you guys make up thinks to say let me see you guys picture you guys just hiding behind a pc talking smack shoot i bet you guys wish you guys knew half what he knew but apparently you guys dont know  your head from your own ass but my uncle says not to fight or argue so my relations i just pray for you

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 03:33:18 pm »
oh my all people did was ask about him
calm down, this is the research page where if people
don't know about someone they ask here
In Spirit

Offline likeman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:26:24 pm »
you know i see you guys hide behind the pc you wont say your name because you guys are scared

[/quote]

Offline likeman

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »
twinkie slayer whats your name are you scared because we know you just some wannabe guy trying to act like he knows it all

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:44:28 pm »
Likeman, if your Uncle says not to fight or argue why are you going against his wishes?  If you would like to have an adult conversation then perhaps you could refute some of the statements being made about him?

Offline likeman

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:33 pm »
i am being adult but who is hiding behind a pc is all i said but i dont like fighting but who is twikie slayer right to right to say that about my uncle?

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 07:59:29 pm »
Likeman, in doing the work that NAFPS does the choice by some members to remain annonymous is understandable.  As earth said, Lessert Moore is listed in research needed.  Twinkie slayer simply asked if anyone had ever heard abut your Uncle, and said thank you for information that had been provided.  I am sure that if your Uncle is conducting himself appropriately and cares about protection of culture he would completely understand.

ETA- Likeman if you are truely concerned about your Uncles reputation I would suggest googling his name and taking a peek a the amount of questionable individuals naming him as their teacher and making a buck off of the culture.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:12:16 pm by sky »

Offline likeman

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
Twinkle star ,and   those concerned, About My father ? My Biological Dad Lessert Moore .
this is his daughter Terra moore .

I would appreciate it if you would take this all down and get to the man , my father Lessert Moore yourself and ask him the question  you want to know . I am guess after reading these pathetic miss understanding comments that have been saiding about my Dad ,and his Tunkasila "relatives" . I have to comment to you about your  hiding not showing your name or trying to  stay  uncover in some  oddly reason , should said and judging  the person along with what kind of rakish personality you have as will. well it's not very charming or dishing to post thing's about other that you have no clue or ideal about.meaning my dad Lessert moore .
so to enclose this  statement , about my dad and all  our relatives you are disrespecting .  I will let you know my father Lessert Moore has nothing to hide and if you would like to know more about him  have the courage to ask him yourself . Not having to play childish internet posting game about a man that is very loving  and would do anything for his native people .   I  will not trash your name . just  please delete this posting .

Mitakuye Oyasin
terra.moore@rocketmail.com ;D   

Mitakuyapi, Tunkasila Wakan Tanka awanniyankpi kta na niyawastepi kta ca waceciciya pelo. Mitakuye Oyasin.

Offline Smart Mule

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 08:41:23 pm »
Twinkle star ,and   those concerned, About My father ? My Biological Dad Lessert Moore .

I would appreciate it if you would take this all down and get to the man , my father Lessert Moore yourself and ask him the question  you want to know . I am guess after reading these pathetic miss understanding comments that have been saiding about my Dad ,and his Tunkasila "relatives" . I have to comment to you about your  hiding not showing your name or trying to  stay  uncover in some  oddly reason , should said and judging  the person along with what kind of rakish personality you have as will. well it's not very charming or dishing to post thing's about other that you have no clue or ideal about.meaning my dad Lessert moore .

Terra, I explained to Likeman about the some individuals desire to remain annonymous.  NAFPS is not about being charming.  Our goal is to expose cultural exploitation.  As I said to Likeman, if Lessert has done nothing wrong than I am sure would understand an individual having concerns when things don't look particularly copacetic.

so to enclose this  statement , about my dad and all  our relatives you are disrespecting .  I will let you know my father Lessert Moore has nothing to hide and if you would like to know more about him  have the courage to ask him yourself . Not having to play childish internet posting game about a man that is very loving  and would do anything for his native people .   I  will not trash your name . just  please delete this posting .

Mitakuye Oyasin

Mitakuyapi, Tunkasila Wakan Tanka awanniyankpi kta na niyawastepi kta ca waceciciya pelo. Mitakuye Oyasin.

If he has nothing to hide and cares about his people then it would seem that he would advocate protection of ceremony and culture.  I would think that if you were concerned about his reputation (which will speak for itsself if he is doing nothing wrong) you would be contacting the people who are using his name to promote themselves.

Offline likeman

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:41:44 pm »
[quote author likeman link=topic=2868.msg27350#msg27350 date=1296505779]
Twinkle star ,and   those concerned, About My father ? My Biological Dad Lessert Moore .

I would  really appreciate it if you would take this all these posting down and get to  know my father Lessert Moore, for  yourself and ask him the question's  you want to know .  after reading these pathetic miss understanding comments that have been said about my Dad ,and his Tunkasila "relatives" . I feel it's in my right to comment back  to you about your  hiding not showing your name or trying to stay  uncover in some oddly reason is wearing a mask on his face  , should say is all  and judging  the person along with what kind of rakish personality you have as will. well it's not very charming or dishing to post thing's about other that you have no clue or ideal about.meaning my dad Lessert moore .
so to enclose this  statement , about my dad and all  our relatives you are disrespecting .  I will let you know my father Lessert Moore has nothing to hide and if you would like to know more about him  have the courage to ask him yourself . Not having to play childish internet posting game about a man that is very loving  and would do anything for his native people .   I  will not trash your name . just  please delete this posting .

Mitakuye Oyasin

[/quote]

Offline likeman

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43:29 pm »
hau to all the b.s that is on this post about me,
this is lessert moore itacha wami omi ska   chief white whirl wind
thank you my nephew and daughter for your loving friendship;;;;;
ok who want to now about me ,,,come see me in person ,,,and yes i do live in ukiah ca
be a man and dont hide ....only cowards hide be hind words

that what we call wacusuis
i have nothing to hide do you......?????? im  LAKOTA AND WILL ALWAY BE LAKOTA ,,,AND AM IN ROLLED IN THE OGALALA TRIBE.....so dont start some thing you can t handle if you can show your face
custer did this and look what happened to him ...........i have 50 yrs of lakota tradition and ceremonies
in my blood ......and i dont sell my way of live or traditon,,,,and remember if your white your just a guest to my way of life ......remember your a visitor  and no morethat that ......so if you want to talk come see me twinke killer.....be a man ......

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:07 pm »
Hi Lessert, this is just a research page where we can ask questions,
No need to get up in arms we have a right to ask,even in our tribal
communties we have that right.

Who are we well we are a mixture of people. Tribal people and non tribal people
I would be in a uproar if your name was in the fraud list which it is not. We get
request we do the research and if the complaints are unfounded you are put in the list
of non frauds and we go on to research the next one.

My name is TaMakewastewin enrolled member of the
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe which is where i live. We tend not to use our
real name on this post because of the attacks from the frauds they like to attacked
people because we interfer with them making money so they get all up in arms
about their incomes they amke off our people.
Everyone can question a man and if they are lies truth will win out,
what has happen to our people today is we are nice to people then they
take and use our name and our ways to promote themselves by charging
money. This is not our culture nor our ways.
You seen to have some people who use your name to make money. Today the world is an open book so research is need.
Peace we all need to find the truth so that our people will live.
In Spirit