Author Topic: Red Nation of the Cherokee  (Read 25270 times)

Offline PLH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Red Nation of the Cherokee
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:43:42 pm »
Has anyone checked this one out? This is a Nation that was established in 1998 in Kansas. Sheesh there is an on-line application for membership.

Offline PLH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Red Nation of the Cherokee
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 02:45:53 am »
  Oct. 13, 2005 Wichita, Kansas Newspaper Article

"Indian Center captured on paper"

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/12888803.htm

Offline PLH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:37:59 am »
Posted on Fri, Oct. 14, 2005, The Wichita Eagle

Indian Center must get its identity back

What the Mid-America All-Indian Center needs is more visitors, members, donors, school groups, facility rentals of its city-owned building -- more support from the community it has served for 29 years.
What it did not need was for someone to take the liberty of filing paperwork with the Kansas secretary of state's office renaming the center and purporting to take control of it.
Yet that is what Chief Randy Two Bears Standing Tate of Augusta recently did, renaming it RedNation of the Cherokee Mid-America All Indian Center and compounding the center's problems just as it was seeing impressive success in getting its finances and governance in order.
The fact that Tate was able to pull this off at all -- and at a cost of $90 -- is shocking. Should changing the name and board leadership of an organization in Kansas, let alone a tax-supported one, be as easy as logging onto the secretary of state's Web site and dropping $90?
Obviously, city officials should have ensured they renewed the center's incorporation papers before the end of a grace period last month. But what sounds like an honest mistake on the city's part doesn't justify the actions of Tate, who is not a board member and hasn't been engaged in the center's rebound.
Tate told The Eagle that he was upset about the center's problems. But making more trouble for the center was not the answer (and by saying in the paperwork that he was the center's president when he wasn't, Tate may have made legal trouble for himself).
City officials continued Thursday to get the paperwork started to fix the problem. That's good. Tate can do the right thing now by being helpful in correcting the situation.
Now, it's time to get on with the vital job of helping the Indian Center reposition itself for the future. A great milestone was reached last week, when acting chairman Newman Washington presented the Wichita City Council with a check for $112,000 to apply against the balance of the city's $175,000 loan early this year.
"We want to re-establish credibility," Washington told the City Council, which last week also voted to spend $600,000 on overdue cosmetic improvements to the center.
The community should be part of helping the center succeed at that goal and more, so it can fulfill its mission as a cultural treasure.

For the editorial board, Rhonda Holman

Posted on Mon, Oct. 17, 2005 The Wichita Eagle      

State restores Indian Center's name

The Mid-America All-Indian Center has its name back after a short stint as the RedNation of the Cherokee Mid-America All-Indian Center.
The Kansas Secretary of State's office has approved new paperwork filed by the board to restore the original name.
In late September, Chief Randy Two Bears Standing Tate, who leads the RedNation of the Cherokee, discovered the board's annual report was overdue.
Unhappy with the way things were going at the center, he paid $90 to update the center's non-profit status and filled out some paperwork changing the name.
He also made himself the center's president. His wife and sister were also named as officers to the surprise of the city, which owns the building and the original board of the Indian Center.
Tate said today that he is consulting a lawyer.

Christina M. Woods       

• Editorial: Indian Center must get its identity back
• Previous story: Indian Center captured on paper

TrishaRoseJacobs

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 01:00:09 pm »
I hope he is consulting a lawyer. And I hope that the lawyer is telling him to pack his bags, he's going away. Finally Mr. Tate has bit off more than he can chew and I can't wait to see charges brought against him for fraud.

:D

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 06:51:30 pm »
There seems to have been a split, frauds fighting it out amongst themselves. And for some reason one faction now is based in Australia.

---------
http://rednation.org/news/
Posted on March 28, 2011 by WhiteFeather
It has been brought to our attention, that because there are Elders and ones whom do not have access to a computer we need to place a snail mail address up for people to send to:
RedNation
14 Goorawin Rd
Orange 2800
New South Wales
Australia

--------
There is absolutely no mention of who they are on their site I can see. The comments do mention, besides "White Feather" a man named Sander. Clicking his name takes one to a German site selling discount drugs for erectile problems. :o
There is a ridiculous lists of elders they claim, mostly the most famous NDNs everyone knows. Though they do mistakenly call one of them "Dragon Canoe." ::)
I suppose we should be grateful there's no mention of "Sitting Fool" and "Crazy Course"...

It's still Shaunsay Tate. No word on why in Australia.
----------
Domain ID:D28317528-LROR
Domain Name:REDNATION.ORG
Created On:01-Jun-2000 16:14:51 UTC
Last Updated On:14-Nov-2010 00:24:31 UTC
Expiration Date:01-Jun-2014 16:14:51 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Enetica PTY LTD (R1295-LROR)
Registrant ID:SW2162496
Registrant Name:ShaunaSay WhiteFeather
Registrant Organization:RedNation
Registrant Street1:14 Goorawin rd
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Orange
Registrant State/Province:NSW
Registrant Postal Code:2800
Registrant Country:AU
Registrant Phone:+61.0447845749
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:
Admin ID:SW2162496
Admin Name:ShaunaSay WhiteFeather
Admin Organization:RedNation
Admin Street1:14 Goorawin rd
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Orange
Admin State/Province:NSW
Admin Postal Code:2800
Admin Country:AU
Admin Phone:+61.0447845749
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Tech ID:SG2162494
Tech Name:Scott Gardner
Tech Organization:RedNation
Tech Street1:14 Goorawin rd
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Orange
Tech State/Province:NSW
Tech Postal Code:2800
Tech Country:AU
Tech Phone:+61.0447845749
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:NS1.WEBCITY.COM.AU
Name Server:NS2.WEBCITY.COM.AU
Name Server:NS3.WEBCITY.COM.AU
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:

Offline snorks

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »
According to their blog, they talk about the group splitting into RedNation and RedNation of the Cherokee.  So there are two groups out there now.

As for Australia, Whitefeather writes in in the blog - Nov 2010:
"I am presently now in Australia, working with the Aboriginals here for the past three months, and have been creating a very positive connection and branch here for “RedNation” as a whole and all over the world."

So I guess either they are still there or have set up some connection. 

Offline AppGal330

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »
 ;) Today I saw a slide share "vid" about the many "wannabe" Cherokee "Tribes"....it brought to mind Shaunasay "White Feather" Tate and the Red Nation of the Cherokee...I wondered what ever happened to them and were they still out and about. So, I hit google. Found some interesting articles associated with her name. I knew she had joined the site "NING" some years ago and noticed that her profile stated she was in Australia....couldn't quite figure out why, until i came across this article:
http://www.augustagazette.com/article/20100812/NEWS/308129904

"In 1982, Shaunasay was in an injury traffic accident in Alabama and alleges she had an out-of-body experience. She came to when they were checking her into the emergency room when they identified her as a  “caucasian woman.”" hmmmm imagine that!!  ???

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:47:20 am »
Their website notes it's having problems, sends you to a new website which has an equal amount of problems.

I did find this link about them run by another fraud, Allen Heart AKA White Eagle Soaring. It suggests maybe Heart and the RN work together, maybe in Australia. I recall Heart was down there working with some extreme right separatists.
http://www.real-dream-catchers.com/Ojibwe_culture_and_language/red_nation_of_the_cherokee-kansas_question_quantum-2.htm

Offline White Horse

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 02:25:37 pm »
There is also a group calling themselves Red Nation Inc. in Blairsville Ga. Although they still exist, this group has gone underground, probably from being exposed by people/groups like NAFPS.
Living that life, some consider a Myth!

Offline Wolf Clan

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 01:07:04 am »
You People, you don't even know the man TwoBears Standing TaTe and yet let on like you know everything about him, while hiding behind your computers and using fake names posting.... I know him and find him very Honest ! He has never claimed to be Lakota or anything other than what his blood is ! Now, in the matter of Kathleen Franklin 0r ShaunaSay WhiteFeather, I talked to her father (before his passing) and there was no Indian Blood that he knew about ! Chief TaTe has turned her into the International Trade com. and other authorities about her actions here in the United States. He also was never married to her and she has used his last name illegally as well ... I have known him for over thirty years, can any of You say that ???? No, so before you try to ruin a person or judge a person, maybe you should know what You are talking about or who You are talking about ! He has never said or told anyone he is a Shaman or ect, he has helped many people with the placing of American Indian children, as well as going to prisons and helping our lost Relations in there....He never bragged about those things or carried around a banner on many of the things he has done and I felt its about time he got this out to people on the internet! I pray for all those that has done such harmful, dishonest remarks about this man .......   

Epiphany

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 01:20:34 am »
You People, you don't even know the man TwoBears Standing TaTe and yet let on like you know everything about him, while hiding behind your computers and using fake names posting.... I know him and find him very Honest ! He has never claimed to be Lakota or anything other than what his blood is !

Is this who you are talking about? http://www.linkedin.com/pub/randy-tate/91/106/430

I have retired from Aircraft management, However I'm Principal Chief of RedNation of the Cherokee Inc. And I'm working towards gathering all American Indians together as one bundle of Arrows. I not making anyone Cherokee, I'm excepting you at your word that you are Blood of any Tribe or Band.. I'm bring back Tradition of our Ancestors and the Ways of our people. Leaving the BIA out of it, as it's not our way or Tradition.

By the way, you are probably using a "fake name" yourself, right?  ;)

Epiphany

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »
Here is a discussion from June 2014 concerning Randy Tate a.k.a. Principal Chief Randy Tali Yona Alehvsga Ta'Te, alleges that he has taken advantage of a woman and her horse stable business: http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/former-boarders-concerned-horses-forest-riding-club-537872.html

Epiphany

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »
I've uploaded here a copy of a corporation amendment from June 2014. It reinstates "original name of non-profit to RedNation of the Cherokee Inc.", also "reinstate ceo & president" Randy Two Bear's Standing Tate & Vice pres Jesse R. Tate". Looks like there is an address change in there also.

Also uploaded is the 2013 corporation info, plus the original articles of incorporation.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 10:30:16 pm »
Funny how you speak of yourself in the third person and accuse us of hiding behind fake names, Mr. Tate.