Author Topic: Laura Dorn AKA Windwalker and the MCW, Wind Spirit Drum  (Read 59489 times)

Offline Sandy S

Re: Laura Dorn AKA Windwalker and the MCW, Wind Spirit Drum
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2015, 02:53:42 am »
An antidote for the Lopa Loma song is to substitute the equally obnoxious Oompa Loompa song from the original Willy Wonka movie. The music is very similar and will help diffuse the impact of the earworm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhs7w-FzeI

So now every time you think of the Lopa Loma song you can simply insert the Oompa Loompa song instead. They are equally idiotic so why the Hell not? Both pieces of music are based on fantasy so the switch should be easy. Plus, the Oompa song also involves a river (of chocolate). Just think of a little person with green hair paddling down a chocolate river singing the Lopa Loma song and then all will fall in place in the universe of absurdity.

Well, OK, I must admit I am wrong here. The Oompa Loompa song is vastly superior and I do not mean to insult it by comparison.

Ed Dorn and I have some mutual friends. I don't know Ed personally but I am familiar with his former career as an artist with the late, great Michael Roden (who I did know). In watching these Youtubes I can't help but wonder what has made Ed appear so sad and beaten down. He doesn't exactly exude a feeling of joy and celebration of life in his performances before the camera. He seems to be broken and defeated. I feel bad for him.

But. My sympathy is scoped. Ed has allowed himself to be part of a charade. He'll have to suffer the consequences for doing so. A tragic legacy for such a talented artist. He is probably too deep into it to back out now. Poor schnook.

Offline Keely

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2015, 04:39:52 am »
Here is Laura: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KG95-GSL , born Laura B Hall (unless Hall is another married surname). She had a married surname of Litchfield, now of Dorn. I believe her middle name is Beth. She was born in 1962. I've not yet figured out who her parents are.

Her husband Edoal Spirit Buffalo / Edward Harvey Dorn: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Hillsborough-County-FL/Edward-Harvey-Dorn.57840096.html

Her step father was Raymond Hall, Laura is listed in his obituary as his step daughter, interesting that a "step son precedes" Raymond Hall in death, his name is Robert F.E. Burnett...

If anyone wants to help Sam and I fry this woman before the Grammy is awarded out... email me at kdenning@cox.net

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2015, 05:52:01 pm »
so her maiden name may be burnett?

Offline Keely

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »
I found a record on the Dorn's daughter's birth, I took out the daughter's information and will say she was born in Ohio

Father Edward Harvey Dorn
Born in: Ohio
Mother Laura Beth Dorn
Maiden Name: Hall
Born in: Massachusetts

In this record Laura states her maiden name is HALL, but in Raymond Hall's obituary she is listed as a step daughter. Laura was about 6 years old when her mother married Raymond Hamilton Hall.

Laura has tried to hide her true maiden name, but, things can and will be dug out.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2016, 03:09:53 pm »
i feel bad for her daughter........she is in the same boat as brando skyhorse.....it isnt her fault

Offline Guy Beyersdorf

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2016, 06:34:20 pm »
Don't you folks have something constructive to do?   I have not met Windwalker, but people close to me know her.   The petty contrivances listed on this thread are in DIRECT CONTRAST with the "truth" of the person, who I understand to have been very kind and generous to some that I care about.  As a person who has committed herself to healing work, Windwalker's life paints a rich picture.
You can slander or disparage if that's really your thing, but take a look in the mirror -just for a second.

Offline loudcrow

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2016, 07:25:38 pm »
Guy, Laura may have been kind and generous to someone you know and care about. However, she is not being kind and generous to
the Native Americans whose culture and ethnicity she is appropriating. We have presented _facts_ which show beyond a shadow of a
doubt she is not Native American and, therefore, has no right to present herself as such. No one is slandering anyone here. These are
hard, cold facts. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow when you discover you have been deceived by someone you loved and trusted. Been
there. Done that. The facts speak for themselves.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2016, 12:41:12 am »
Wow, it always amazes me how some people can simply disregard TRUTH because the person is "nice" or "warm" or whatever. And then said person gets really really angry with those that have been harmed by people like that. Sorry Guy, but your fantasy about how Indigenous people are supposed to act is not based in reality.

I know a woman who was teaching "Medicine Wheel" stuff and everyone kept saying how "nice" and "sweet" she was. But I also know the harm she did to people. Unintended harm is still harm.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2016, 05:18:17 pm »
Don't you folks have something constructive to do?   I have not met Windwalker, but people close to me know her.   The petty contrivances listed on this thread are in DIRECT CONTRAST with the "truth" of the person, who I understand to have been very kind and generous to some that I care about.  As a person who has committed herself to healing work, Windwalker's life paints a rich picture.
You can slander or disparage if that's really your thing, but take a look in the mirror -just for a second.
so cultural fraud is the "truth"?

listen.....we aint the bad guys........we arent raising money and asking for donatioons for pine ridge.....(i called tribal offices myself, they never heard of windwalker OR blue sky charities).........that in itself is NOT a "petty contrivance" but a significant slap in the face to our people.......that alone makes her an asshole 

we arent disrespecting our ancestors by running around claiming we are hereditary medicine holy people (as she did saying she is oglala medicine woman inherited by her oglala grandmother AFTER saying she didnt know she was native til she was an adult then later finding out she has no oglala in her....put yourself in an oglalas shoes)............

if you think playing redface is so harmless and inoffensive then im sure you think blackface is ok too......so why dont you go down to harlem and wear blackface and sing mammy and try convincing those people you are one of them and you are doing it out of respect......better yet put a collection hat out and say that donations will go to poor black families then provide no proof of it..........if you are ok with that then you need to do some deep soul searching guy

i encourage you to read some more of this forum and come to the right conclusions of what it is we are really doing here

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2016, 04:11:39 pm »
http://bearmedicinewalker.com/appearances-and-events/

look who is appearing at this twinkiefest

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2016, 11:26:28 pm »
and look at the smorgasboard of new twinkies

kelly stokes ravenwalker

mikala whitewolf

anne rose illumination

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:08 pm »
so chasing those names down i found an alex white wolf.....and a dakota lawrence, a ted staley...and a cherokee billie

all of them are just BEGGING to be featured......ill start the process i guess

Piff

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2017, 02:54:58 am »
Windwalker, a delightfully gracious and animated woman who provides a sense of serenity everywhere she goes, whose vocabulary is sprinkled with humor and a tremendous spirituality steeped in Native American culture, promotes positive health and wellbeing by embracing Native teachings with stories and legends that bring about positive behaviors in every person she meets. She is of Mi'kmaq, Eastern Cherokee, and Lenni-Lenape descent.

This is a quote from her manager http://mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=199847 concerning Laura's upcoming benefit for "Yraceburu Earth Wisdom" (http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1924.0)

------------
"Windwalker Dorn, Nominated For A WHAT?" http://ancestorstealing.blogspot.com/2016/01/windwalker-dorn-nominated-for-what.html

Offline Sparks

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2022, 12:57:16 am »
There is another thread about Windwalker:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4289.0 [When in drought, rain dance]