Author Topic: Dean Linklater-Medicine Man  (Read 9762 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dean Linklater-Medicine Man
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:38:25 pm »

frederica

Re: Dean Linklater-Medicine Man
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 12:44:44 am »
"spell-bounding and heart-pounding"  Makes you wonder. frederica

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 04:10:21 pm »
Most of what I found on Linklater shows him as a motivational speaker. And like a lot of those speakers, what he pushes is simplistic and feel good. Doesn't make him a fraud or exploiter. But if he starts offering sweats, that's a whole different thing.

Offline piya

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 05:39:16 pm »
On his site.........coming soon Sweats.........
To Old To Die Young

Epiphany

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 09:27:32 pm »
December 2009

December 1: Sweat lodge Teaching Workshop

Travis Harper and Elder Dean Linklater presented a workshop on how to build a sweat lodge.  It was an informational presentation and here were ten students in attendance.  Afterwards, students assisted in the building of UMASA’s first ceremonial sweat lodge site.  A motion was passed to approve more funding for this project.

December 4: Sweat Ceremony

First sweat ceremony held and a number of students participated.  It was a nice day for a winter sweat and afterwards a potluck was held in Room 113 Helen Glass.

http://umasa.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/558/

Dean Linklater - Dean is a Cree Spiritual Leader, Medicine Man and Teacher. He has been teaching people how to access Deep Inner Vision through the seven spiritual laws and is how he is connected to developing www.dreamtipi.com.  Dean says everything is the dream the vision.

As a young man searching for his identity, and during a period of personal challenge he had a vision of an old man speaking to him. This man told him that his path in this life was to teach the principles of his people. Shortly thereafter Dean met his elder and teacher who guided him in all aspects of aboriginal wisdom from his ancestors. For the past twenty years Dean has been sharing his knowledge and wisdom through the sweat lodge all over North America.  Dean's teachings are magical and transformational.

http://www.dreamtipi.com/THE_TEAM.htm

Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation, residential school survivor, artist

Mahekun

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 05:35:13 am »
I know a couple people from Nisichawayasihk who may know him or know about him. I haven't talked to them in some time but I'll see if I can get a hold of them.

Linklater is a very common Cree surname, I probably wouldn't doubt his heritage. What he is offering is another thing altogether. Should look thoroughly into this guy before calling foul.