Author Topic: Lakota Sioux Nation of the Netherlands  (Read 24176 times)

Offline flyaway

• "Your mind is your strongest weapon"
Lakota Sioux Nation of the Netherlands
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:54 am »
Anyone know anything about this group?
http://www.lakotasiouxindians.1hwy.com/

They claim to send monies to Can-Do but I emailed Eric head of Can-Do and he states that they have not received any money or heard of this group Nor has Dennis Banks T.R.E.A.T.Y.

I have contacted some folks at Pine Ridge and Rose Bud and these people are not known there.

Anyone here know them. They are asking for donations.
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -
Snow Owl, Nevada. December 8, 2001

Offline Ingeborg

• Friends
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Lakota Sioux Nation of the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:13:33 pm »
I haven't heard of this association, but have a few comments after I had a look at their site.

First of all, they aren't a non-profit association: they are registered with the chamber of commerce. A non-profit in the Netherlands can be a 'stichting' or a „v.z.w“, but the words „zonder winst“ (i.e. without profit) are nowhere to be seen at this site. Due to their status, they will have to pay tax on all monies taken in which will of course be deducted from donations.

I could not find any information on projects they did or presently do. It is somewhat surprising they don't mention projects, as these will make people more inclined to donate. All one can see is repeated appeals to donate money, and claims that donations will be used to „support Indians“.
Another information missing is: when was the association founded.

Legal provisions may be different in the Netherlands, but over here, it will be illegal to have the chairperson of an association in the position of a treasurer at the same time, as this means there is no sufficient control of the chairperson's use of the monies taken in. I also realized there are only two persons on the board – again, things are handled differently here.

Although they publish their texts in both Dutch and English, I see some differences in the versions posted. This does not mean they say completely different things, but nuances sometimes are important, too, as well as leaving out an entire sentence.
As an example, I did a translation of their Dutch text on their start page which you may please compare to their English translation below.

„Han Mitakuyapi
Welcome to the site of the Lakota Sioux Indians.
The Lakota Sioux Indians is an association, and we as an association ask for your help.
We as an association support the Oglala Lakota Indians on Pine Ridge Reservation who still must live in miserable conditions.
People who really want to do something for the Indians, now can really help by making a donation, even if it is just a small amount, every bit helps.
Do you want to do something for the Indians, too? Then you can, become a member of the Lakota Sioux Indians. Become a member and help the Indians in the reservations in South Dakota to a better life through your donation. If you want to become a member, please contact us and write a mail to: […]
Thanks for your contribution for the Indians who need your help so very much.“

Han Mitakuyapi
Welcome to this website of the Lakota Sioux Indians.
The Lakota Sioux Indians is an Association to support the Oglala Lakota Indians who live at Pine Ridge reservation in miserable circumstances.
People who really want to do something for the people in the reservation really can help now by sending some money, much or few, it doesn't matter, every amount helps.
Please because with that money the people in the reservation in South Dakota can be helped. So if you really want to help, than donate NOW.
Do you really want to help the people in the reservation? You can......by becoming a member of the Lakota Sioux Indians. Become a member and help the Indians, with your donation, to get a better life in the reservations in South Dakota. If you want to be a member, contact us and write to,
lakotasiouxindians@gmail.com

Thank you for helping us and the Indians

Chairwoman-Treasurer - Wil van Herp 
Secretary - Rico van Pamelen
 Copyright 2009 © tekst:  Lakota Sioux Indians
Chamber of Commerce nr 24449195

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:22:46 pm »
Over here on Standing Rock we never heard of them either,
Why a Lakota Sioux Nation in the Netherlands that is just plain strange.
In Spirit

Offline flyaway

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 02:01:08 pm »
A friend just received this from Lakota Sioux Nation of the Neatherlands ???;
Lakota Sioux Indians17 april 2010 om 12:53
Re: Reported

What are you talking about. I support all organizations I said also Henry Red Clouds project Lakota Solar Enterprices.
Why do you don't belief me and why should I lie???
I am an official association, this is my Chamber of Commerce nr 24449195

I have a call in to Henery Red Cloud as to this project, I am sure it will be the same answer as, Eric from Can-DO and Dennis Banks T.R.E.A.T.Y which failed years ago. Nothing but an abandoned building there now.

Any one on the board from the neatherlands that can check this org/Association out?
Walk with the Sun; Dance with the Moon; Sing with the Stars; But always...Run with the Wind. -

Offline flyaway

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »

What are you talking about. I support all organizations I said also Henry Red Clouds project Lakota Solar Enterprices.

I have a call in to Henery Red Cloud as to this project, I am sure it will be the same answer as, Eric from Can-DO and Dennis Banks T.R.E.A.T.Y which failed years ago. Nothing but an abandoned building there now.

Any one on the board from the neatherlands that can check this org/Association out?

Anyone in the neatherlands that can check out the chamber of Commerce #.
I know this group is scamming and using the Lakota Sioux to do so. Where do I go from here. Can  anyone on the board help me with this. Thanks. ???

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 11:41:54 am »

Anyone in the neatherlands that can check out the chamber of Commerce #.
I know this group is scamming and using the Lakota Sioux to do so. Where do I go from here. Can  anyone on the board help me with this. Thanks. ???

Hello to you all.

We are deeply affected by your allegations to our association.

I spoke Liz Sunderland from the Henry Red Cloud project "Lakota Solar Enterprices" 5 days ago and this is what she wrote to me.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2010/8/20
Subject: RE: Will you look at this site pls
To: Wil van Herp <lakotasiouxindians@gmail.com>
Cc: Megan Maiolo <megan@treeswaterpeople.org>

Hi Wil,
I understand why you are upset about this website. We have also been contacted by people with questions about your association.
However, we have NOT responded to anyone, or posted anything about what you have or have not donated to Lakota Solar Enterprises or Trees, Water & People.

Our records show that you have given two donations to Trees, Water & People, to benefit Henry Red Cloud’s work at Pine Ridge: one for $137.00 USD (received August 20, 2009) and one for $136.00 (received November 30, 2009). We not received anything from you in 2010. Do you agree that this is accurate?

We hereby demand your appolegie by your false allegations, adressed to our association here in this forum.
We can prove by sending you copies off all donations we did. Send us an e-mail adress where we can send it to.
After sending you the prove that we did made those donations then we require that we be taken off the spam list and that you put our association as a reliable association on the white list, also here in
this forum.

Friendly regards,

Wil van Herp
Chairwoman association
Lakota Sioux Indians

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 12:42:48 pm »
Hello Ms. Van Herp,

First, we will try to remember English is not your first language. So if we say anything unclear, tell us. We have a German speaker as a member, but no Dutch speakers I know of.

As you can see by reading this thread, we can only act upon the information we have. It seems Henry Red Cloud's project gave us false information. Though they really can't blamed. You gave them two small donations of less than 300 dollars almost a year ago. It's no surprise they might forget and had to check their records.

I hope you can help us clear up the other questions about your organization:

How much funds have you raised? The full amount?
Besides HRC's project, what else have you given to? The other two organizations don't seem to know you.

Looking at your organization, it may just not be run very well, rather than out to cheat or defraud people. Ingeborg mentioned that possibility when discussing your not being a nonprofit.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27:47 pm »
Hello Educatedindian.

Thank you for your repley and yes you're right, my english is not my first language, sorry for my bad English, I can't speak German too.

Yes I will help you to clear up the other questions about our organization.

We did make over a donation from € 100,00 Euro to T.R.E.A.T.Y March 17 2009 and a donation from  $137.00 USD July 08 2009 to HRC's project and a donation from $136.00 USD December 14 2009 to HRC's project and we make over a donation of $107,00 USD to Can-do for the people at Crow Creek Januari 02 2010
Now we will support the Natives from South America too.
And yes we are really a non profit association

I hope that your questions and doubts have answered.

Wil van Herp
Chairwoman association
Lakota Sioux Indians

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:31:04 pm by Lakota Sioux Indians »

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 08:56:27 pm »
Hello LSI,

If you are Dutch, why do you call yourself "Lakota Sioux Indians" and "Lakota Sioux Nation"?

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 08:19:24 am »
Hello LSI,

If you are Dutch, why do you call yourself "Lakota Sioux Indians" and "Lakota Sioux Nation"?

Hello Kathryn.

I do not call myself "Lakota Sioux Indians" that's the name of our association.
Our association was born on 01/01/2009 to support the Lakota people of North America.
We chose for the name "Lakota Sioux Indians" for the Dutch people, to let them know that we support the North American Natives.
People here in the Netherlands only know who Lakota Sioux Indians are that's why we gave the association the name" Lakota Sioux Indians".
Now we want to give our support to the South <b>and</b> North American Natives so we will changed our name of the association from "Lakota Sioux Indians" to "All Native Nations" soon.

I hope that your questions and doubts have answered now.

Wil van Herp
Chairwoman association
Lakota Sioux Indians

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:08:56 am by Kathryn »

Offline nemesis

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 08:36:59 am »
Hello LSI,

Hello Kathryn.

We have the name Lakota Sioux Indians to let people know that we support the Lakota people, that's why.

You don't feel concerned that, in a world full of con men and women who pass themselves off as native when they are not, that calling yourself "Lakota Sioux Indians" and "Lakota Sioux Nation" is actually hugely misleading and a very bad idea indeed?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:05:22 am by Kathryn »

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 11:56:06 am »
Hello LSI,

Hello Kathryn.

We have the name Lakota Sioux Indians to let people know that we support the Lakota people, that's why.

You don't feel concerned that, in a world full of con men and women who pass themselves off as native when they are not, that calling yourself "Lakota Sioux Indians" and "Lakota Sioux Nation" is actually hugely misleading and a very bad idea indeed?

Hi nemesis.

I do NOT call myself "LAKOTA SIOUX INDIANS" our association is called "LAKOTA SIOUX INDIANS" not me and we will give the association a new name I wrote before.
BUT the problem was that we, the association, were blamed for spammers and not the name and I did proved that we are NOT spammers so that must be enough okay.

For those who ask the same question I answer no more, one answer must be enough.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 02:07:05 am by Kathryn »

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 01:36:29 pm »
How about from a Lakota/Dakota person
I see you claim to give money to Crow Creek-Dakota people.
I was wondering if you only worked with Pine Ridge? So of all
the 14 Lakota and Dakota reservation you help two one Lakota
and the other Dakota right.
You sent less that $300.00 to these two reservation
what was it for and who recieved the funds and why?

I have a right to ask since you are using my Nation name
In Spirit

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 03:48:15 pm »
How about from a Lakota/Dakota person
I see you claim to give money to Crow Creek-Dakota people.
I was wondering if you only worked with Pine Ridge? So of all
the 14 Lakota and Dakota reservation you help two one Lakota
and the other Dakota right.
You sent less that $300.00 to these two reservation
what was it for and who recieved the funds and why?

I have a right to ask since you are using my Nation name

I gave that answer earlier above.

We did make over a donation from  $126,00 Euro to T.R.E.A.T.Y March 17 2009
                                               $137.00 USD July 08 2009 to HRC's project
                                               $136.00 USD December 14 2009 to HRC's project
                                         and $107,00 USD to Can-do for the people at Crow Creek Januari 02 2010
                                               ------------------------------------------------------------------
                                               $506,00 USD

Offline Superdog

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »
Hello Wil,

I think I can see things from your side in choosing the name, so I won't ask you to explain again.  What I'm observing is possibly just a bad translation.  Not in the literal sense, but in the practical sense. 

Just a word to you Wil.  The name in its English form is a very bad choice...I'm not blaming you, I just don't think you were completely aware. 

The name "Lakota Sioux Nation of the Netherlands" as it is written implies that you are either Lakota people in the Netherlands or that you directly represent Lakota people in the Netherlands.  You've let us know that neither is the case, but someone who didn't have that information wouldn't see that in the first place.  The misunderstanding by even Natives ourselves has led your site to be questioned here, so if you look at the effect of the name...it's really only hampered your efforts.

I applaud your efforts, every little bit helps and I would change the name (the English version) to something that explains your efforts more clearly.  Even your new name "All Native Nations" is hard to understand clearly.  I would choose a name to let people know you are charitable organization that raises money for indigenous communities in North America.  I don't speak Dutch, so you may have already done that in your own language, but the translation to English comes as something that can be understood in a large number of ways that have nothing to do with your efforts.

Thank you for coming to the board and explaining the situation more fully and I hope the discussion here will not hamper your efforts to do some good in the world.  Your efforts would be much more effective with a better name however and rather than choosing something that's easier for your countrymen to understand, I would encourage you to use something that is simply more correct, that way your contributors would understand the truth about Native Americans more fully...that we are not all Lakota, and in fact, in North America your talking 500+ tribes that have individual cultures and languages that vary in beliefs and spiritual practices as well as needs.

Superdog