General > Research Needed

Hector Ybarra aka "Hector Little Wolf"

<< < (2/12) > >>

Ingeborg:
Just for the record: It's two different events.

The first ad is for a seminar in Roskilde, i.e. Denmark. They charge DKr 2,000 per weekend, in Danish Kroner.

The flyer in post no 3 is advertising seminars in Bergen and Rendalen which are situated in Norway. The price of NOK 3,000 indeed means Norwegian Kroner.
And there is this sentence locating the seminars:

--- Quote ---"This is unique in Norway.
--- End quote ---

Defend the Sacred:
Thanks, Ingeborg :-)

critter - a white non-ndn person:
 ;D  LOL funny.   :D   Thanks Ingeborg  :)

tachia:

--- Quote from: Kathryn on March 22, 2010, 08:13:39 pm ---We've received some complaints about this guy. He's claiming to be an Apache Medicine Man, and is apparently selling sweats and NAC ceremonies to all-white groups in Europe. There are also reports of him doing private ceremonies specifically for women. Uh oh.  Looks to me like yet another who couldn't muster a following here, so crossed the water to sell to the Europeans.

This is an email that was sent out to potential recruits in Denmark. Can someone tell us what the bolded charges equate to in US currency?

--- End quote ---

cite the sources? .. google shows nothing on this in particular and very little, even after digging, on Ybarra himself .. the name "hector little wolf" turns up absolutely nothing .. .. .. you say "we've received some complaints" .. who is we? .. did this come directly to NAFPS? .. or just to you kathryn? .. from whom did you obtain the "personal invitation email"? .. was the picture of Ybarra included in the personal invitation email or added later? .. and where did you get the flyer from? .. .. sources please ..

you say: "There are also reports of him doing private ceremonies specifically for women" .. again where does this information come from, this is a potentially quite damaging accusation to just toss out there without a source .. reports from where/who? ..

you say: "He's claiming to be an Apache Medicine Man" .. i do not see anything in what you have posted where Ybarra himself claims to be anything, only where the group claims he is something .. and they say he is " a Yaqui Apache Mechika medicine man" (not just an Apache medicine man as you stated) .. the flyer says "Indian medicine man Hector Little Wolf" again that is the groups claim not Ybarras, and do we even know if this is the same man? .. i could find absolutely nothing on a "hector little wolf" .. how do we know this is the same person? .. how can we find out? ..

you say that Ybarra is: "apparently selling sweats and NAC ceremonies" .. i see where the group is charging for the event, but i do not see where Ybarra himself is specifically charging for anything .. .. ..
the group themselves addressed this issue of charging:(my bold) "Payment for each ceremony: We as organizers have pondered a lot about the financial aspect of ceremonies in general. We find this is a very important and challenging subject, and therefore we would like to share our thoughts about it

Traditionally payment has always been by donations only, where after a gathering the hat will go round, with all surpluses going to the shaman. Since we also would like to be more in tune with the old traditions and trust the Universe that in donation all will be perfectly balanced we would like to introduce the old ways, but in a new way.

The last ceremonies we had in December, which were totally donation-based, didnĀ“t generate any organizing cost- and only a very little amount for the medicine people. That experience we do not wish to repeat. So we feel a need to find a middle way between free and fixed. You might recall that weekend ceremonies in the past have always cost around 2000 kroner. Now we will do it like this: we ask of you to transfer 1000 kroner beforehand, of which 500 kroner will be non-refundable (we have had too many last minute cancellations..) because we have expencive flights to book for the medicine people to come.

Then at the weekend you can bring donation money for Hector and his family. Like this we can ensure that everybody can join it, even those with a low income, respecting the ancient tradition of never asking money for any healing treatment or ceremony. Remember medicine people generally have large extended families and their own tribe to support, and are not able to generate any income while they are away from home; they depend on our generosity." .. .. that seems to be a pretty good explanation of the groups decision to charge for the event, it also says that Ybarra will only receive donations, not that he is charging anything himself .. ..

without sources, web sites etc. that can be researched and verified this information amounts to hearsay .. the flyer gives us a bit more to go on, but where did it originate, what or who is the source of this info? .. how did this come to your attention kathryn? .. we cannot research this without some sources etc .. it is also difficult to properly understand this due to the language barrier .. things get lost in translation, we all know that .. ..

these are serious and damaging accusations .. and so far there is nothing concrete to back them up .. .. the credibility of NAFPS relies on definitive research backed up by indisputable facts .. i have been told many times that we must back up what we say with facts, sources, web sites etc .. that hearsay and personal experience are not acceptable without the facts to back them up ..

has anyone else been able to find out more about this? ..

ingeborg, can you find out anything from your end? ..

Defend the Sacred:
Multiple private communications came in, from multiple Scandinavian sources, who say the flyer and emails are about the same guy. The photo was in the original email, but didn't upload properly in the initial posting.

When we are contacted privately with information, we investigate. We protect confidentiality when it is requested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version