General > Research Needed

Hector Ybarra aka "Hector Little Wolf"

<< < (12/12)

bls926:
Kathryn, have you had anymore news from Europe? Received any recent e-mails?

This thread seems to have experienced a premature death.

Edit to add: Al, have you heard anymore from Kelsie or the folks in Denmark?

YouKnowNot:
Hello all.
I live in Denver Metro area, and I do know of Hector in passing a few times. I am weary of negative words of others, and border line slander. However, I have seen him be disrespectful to those older than he, to others, and even me. I hope this will be able to help here . . . ESPECIALLY those that are seeking something . . . a spiritual void to fill. WATCH OUT for this guy. As far as Im concerned, he is a FRAUD.

He is a part of the NAC, and was taught by a Navajo/Dine man (who I know as well). He does run "Lakota" style "sweats", and also the "Temescal"/"Aztec" style "sweat" (these are coed sweats by the way). He runs an "Aztec" dance troupe. AND, he has made claim to be "acting medicine man for the Sundance" somewhere, pointing north. He said this to me personally. This is what he IS doing. He is arrogant to say the least.

I had to make some phone calls and even meet with some people in the area about him. There are quite a few people that have warned him NOT to go to Denmark and do this. There has been reports of Hector augmenting the Lakota style sweat lodges, and it is possible that he may be talked to by for real, bonafide, spiritual leaders . . . as there are some, like Dave Swallow, Looking Horse, and many others that are not happy with this in general. Since he has built a name for himself, him, and several others are on the list.

His lack of respect, in general, and especially of his disrespect of older folks, especially for his NAC mentor/teacher (I saw/heard firsthand) is indicative of him NOT being "the real deal" . . . and if these people that are teaching are "real", then I am wondering WHY he is being taught in the first place. Something is all around wrong with this picture, and is wide spread in my area. I was always told that if you are chosen to be handed down knowledge, that the child or even middle aged person is "looked" into to see if they can "carry" it on for the people in a good way.

I know an older man that has no one to pass down what he knows because, for one, they dont speak the language, two, they dont wanna know, three, HE DOESN'T BRAG or ADVERTISE what he knows, does, or can do. Some things may die with him, like, somethings that his father and grandpa knew died with them. They were real strict about who to pass it down to . . . mostly basic stuff; the calling - do they behave well? - do they help people, especially elders? - do they fight with people, verbally or physically? - and so on.

Hector does not fit the bill to be a ceremonial leader, nor a "medicine man". Most of the people that come into his circle are those that are lost, spiritual misguided, and are being taken on a dangerous road. I am deeply concerned. On one level; I am wondering what he is actually TEACHING through his behaviors, especially to younger folk that are searching (as he is very EAGER to train/teach people that approach him); teaching it's OK to be disrespectful to people - that its OK to augment ceremonies.

On another, I am concerned on a SPIRITUAL level. What else is REALLY going on . . . things we cant see . . . things that will creep up on us later. I have warned people in the area, and have seen some circles of friends and families be turned upside -down. Not saying I have a gift . .. I was professing the OBVIOUS. I've learned the hard way, and have been told sever times; "you dont wanna play around with this spirit stuff . . . it can get dangerous. For you, or for those around you".

Anyhow, I could go on in great length and tell detailed stories of Hector . . . trust me . . . he has created uproars in the scenes around here. We all have to watch out for what we believe in. Is it delusional, or is it based on something more tangible/direct personal experience with The Creator, and can be verified by other REAL spiritual people, and then examples from the people. Even if just a ceremonial leader, and thats all they got - something taught to them by a human. It's still messin with spirits . . . something to think about at least. There's a reason why there are taboos, protocols, and rules for each ceremony, and each tribe has it's own "laws" . . . it gets complicated and time consuming to know all these things, even for one ceremony. But once all thats cleared up and solidified, by those that are urbanized/colonized, then we can move onto the next step . . . getting the help that we actually need, beyond filling voids, or a group to belong to.

Hope this helps, and not trying to step on anyone's toes . . . my toes, and others, have already been stepped on, by people like Hector.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version