Author Topic: lawsuits  (Read 5833 times)

slolwaye sni

lawsuits
« on: December 13, 2009, 09:03:04 pm »
    I did not know where to place this question .... so here it is .... some of the people that are mentioned on this site make the claim to be "traditional" .... now if they are so traditional, why follow dominant societies ways and threaten lawsuits or make claims that there are "laws" to protect them against what they call slander? Just a stupid question that has plagued me for sometime.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
Re: lawsuits
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:21:57 pm »
I guess I don't really know what you are talking about?
What lawsuit? Who is slandered?  :o

now if they are so traditional, why follow dominant societies ways and threaten lawsuits or make claims that there are "laws" to protect them against what they call slander?

are you talking about all the frauds and pretenders
In Spirit

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 08:23:35 am »
My thought is first, I have no clue if 'traditional' ndn's had their own ways of dealing with frauds and slander, that would be akin to lawsuit.. so who's to say they are following..

My second thought is, that it's quite stupid to think people would just stand by and let slander and fraud destroy them.  I would think traditional people (even if they have no history of something akin to current day law) would operate in today's world to protect themselves. 

press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

slolwaye sni

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:18:25 pm »
hau hankasi earth .... yes, i was refering to frauds .... critter .... from what i see here in Missouri, the more you show that people are fake, the more it seems others flock to them ... go figure.

Offline earthw7

• Standing Rock Tourism
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:37:09 pm »
I have to say this
but
Sioux don't sue ;D ;D 
ok my own private joke.

I was wondering why people threaten
lawsuit right away but I guess it is the
capitalist way............
i am not a capitialist ;D

In Spirit

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 04:30:55 pm »
Well, I guess there's always more than one way to deal with something.  I was thinking in terms of slander more than fraud.  If slander is seriously destroying a person's life and livelihood, then something really should be done. 

slolwaye - people tend to think if the price is high, then it must be good... and if others object, then it must be even better    ? 
press the little black on silver arrow Music, 1) Bob Pietkivitch Buddha Feet http://www.4shared.com/file/114179563/3697e436/BuddhaFeet.html

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:41:09 am »
Reading from the other thread, about law suits being childish.  I don't know.  If I could, I know I'd hire a lawyer and have my brothers memorial removed from a website that he had nothing to do with.  It bothers me that people go there, read in his memorial that he started the website, when he didn't.  Apparently, I'm the only one it bothers in my family.. but it does bother me.  And as much as I have tried, I can't get it off. 

It bothers me more that his items are on that website than it does that a woman has posted complete fabrications about me on another site.. made up conversations we never had and accused me of burning down her barn.  People who know me know this is false.  But my brother is deceased, and his memorial page was created for the website he did design, and he had nothing to do with this other site.  They took it and it makes it seem that my brother endorses or created their site.  It's wrong.

Some people just run around as idiots and have no sense.  What recourse does a person have?  In the beginning they stole his entire site, yes, I was successful in contacting the hosting service and got that taken care of, but the host they use now has never responded to my inquiries. 

So, right or wrong in terms of being childish, or whatever, if I had the money I would hire a lawyer and have their site stripped of my brothers words stating he created it. 

Of course, I could always just sit back and wait, eventually people die, and if no one wants to take over, the website will go away. 

slolwaye sni

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 04:29:03 pm »
critter....actually i was saying that ther name calling was childish .... the lawsuit thing is more trivial to me .... i like what earth said .... sioux don't sue .... especially other sioux .... that last part i added .... i just feel that as american indians, we spend to much time attacking one another .... it is eo me...only my opinion ..... this is a divide and conquer method, inspired by dominant society .... but unlike so many here....i am but a old man, uneducated and a nobody .... toksa ake

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 05:22:09 pm »
well, i don't know about you being uneducated .. seems you have something you could educate me (and others) in regards to such situations... or other situations.

education isn't about schools..  education is in life, if you are old man, then you are more educated and know more than i.  

i am a nobody as well.  but i am here.  for whatever that's worth to anybody..  <shrug>

this 'dominant' society sucks.  that is my opinion, it is definitely a divide and conquer mentality and everyone is alone.  even when they aren't. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 05:24:54 pm by critter »