Author Topic: Joaquin Pineda Carrera  (Read 3910 times)

Offline marxmarvelous

Joaquin Pineda Carrera
« on: August 15, 2009, 07:26:09 am »
Haven't researched the thread structure on this forum so possibly I won't know where to look for replies.

Last year I visited Julieta for the first time in 12 years, '96. Saw the grandmotherscouncil poster on the wall and was shown the albums by her daughters. When she returned from a trip I found a daughter encouraging her to eat more.  I have been visiting her family since '84 mostly under the influence of Joaquin Pineda Carrera her brother in law. 
   Joaquin said that his mother was of a line of curanderas  that can be traced to Aztec times.  He was irritated that R Gordon Wasson was led to Maria Sabina and announced it in an anthropology journal which drew the Beatles, the Who, Bob Dylan, Donavan etc.  The streams of foreigners(with money) reduced the faith in the healing of his family.
  My interest is that a big pharma/cia agent assisted Wasson. I suspect drug-factory folks are squelching plant assisted healings as "superstitions." 
    I encouraged the State Police Captain there to visit Joaquin. He mentioned that when he played basketball with his squad he breathed hard. This intimated to me that a Mexican needed a reason to go to a curandero. When Joaquin came out of his house and helped me put a rock behind the wheel of the plane that first day he asked me if I "knew the mushroom."
   The stream of foreign youths to Sabina didn't go for healings. I will apperciate help in researching this.