Author Topic: John Sanchez aka Iron Eagle  (Read 23391 times)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: John Sanchez aka Iron Eagle
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 10:21:34 pm »
Yeah, it was Robert. At the Mount Hood sundance. I am friends with his ex-wife, Lois, and his current wife, Linda. But it was Rikki and Jake that told me what Sancez did to Robert. Robert's mother, was just the best! She was always so happy to see me. I have always liked Robert and when I heard what was done I was furious.

The picture is definitely the jerk that was around here. He was up on the peninsula, around Forks and PA before he came around here. I heard he was run out of Seattle.

Offline Olderthandirt

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 12:00:05 am »
AHA!!  OK, just to show how far out of the loop I am, The last I knew Robert and Linda had chosen to split up as Robert had moved in with Gayle, the mother of the twins as everybody at the powwows called them.

That is dispicable beyond description of what Sanchez did to Robert.  I am an Associate member of the Vietnam Veterans of America and I would have personally stomped his chicken-shyte azz into mud had I known.

I would love to know about Tomas Baisa.  Years ago, used to be friends with Shelley and Tomas.  Saw them at all of the local powwows.  Those old powwows that used to have Noah's Boyz drum with Ron Otstott, Reuben Vargas, Garrett Evens, etc.  Back when the winter powwows were Mason, Chief Leschi and Muckleshoot and the first competition powwow of the season was always started off in March at the Chinooks Winds in Lincoln City, Oregon.
~T Blue~

"Why, oh WHY didn't life's major problems happen when I was 18 and knew it all?"

Offline Olderthandirt

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 01:27:51 am »
Here is a photo of him at the thingie today:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/Turquoise_Tiki/JSanchez-1.jpg 

I was SO BORED, I was counting ear hairs in the guy sitting next to me.

He started of by saying he was the "Chief of his Nation.....a spirit leader."  Then very quickly and very very quietly he said he was the Chief of his extended family.  These words were glossed over quickly but my guy & I heard them loud and clear.  All of the non-ndns were inhaling his every word.

He then went on to tell about his very own Yankton family signing the treaties.  Next came an extremely LONNNNNNG story about the Buffalo Calf Woman.  It was so long and I was SO bored, I preferred to have been picking stinging nettles with my bare lips.

For some reason and perhaps just name dropping only, he brought in Arvol Looking Horse's name.

He then stressed rather defensively that he felt every person on the face of this earth has a right to any and all of the Lakota ceremonies and he would tell all to everyone.

Next came a talk about the 7 medicines and the 7 illinesses which segued into a very serious aside that he knew that the end was upon us really really soon and that it will be an anthrax type of scare.  He told all that the end was coming SOON and all must prepare for it at once.

He told about the sweat lodge and at the same time that he knew who his children were before they were born; and that son #1's name was North Star and #2 was Lighting Strikes Twice.  Said his own name of Iron Eagle was given to him so that he would remain standing to go forth with the news of ceremonies, truth and G.mother teachings.  (I nearly wet myself from swallowing big gulping giggles!)

As he got into the "Naming,adoption ceremonies" I got up walked to the front and took his picture and walked out.  By this time about fifty per cent of the 20 people there had left.  My guy had nearly fallen asleep and I had resorted to trying to name in my head, all of the songs I had heard that started with "S" from my childhood. 

He spoke very softly so no one could record what he said.  It was said that he will be available on the island for a few weeks and that the coming week he would be taking "his story" to the schools.  I shuddered and we could tolerate no more and left.

Whidbey Island is small and I am in so many organizations that he cannot hiccup without my knowing.  So, I will stay with this and keep tabs on this dude. 

Meanwhile I am either going to email or telephone the Yankton Tribal Hdqtrs to see if I can verify his authenticity.

T Blu

~T Blue~

"Why, oh WHY didn't life's major problems happen when I was 18 and knew it all?"

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 01:54:54 am »
Bummer almost wish I'd driven north..  then done my dipshyte airhead act on him rofl.. or can you speak up i can't hear you...

but if half the people left, he must have been REAL exciteing.....(roll eyes)

Offline ska

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 03:02:32 am »
"wasn't Iron Eagle a movie?"

Mr. Sanchez may be faking his way through life.  However, the name Iron Eagle is a real Dakota name.

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:10 am »
its also a movie.. not sure which he's getting or snitchng the name from.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 03:26:37 am »
Gayle and Robert only were together for a coupla months. He and Linda been back together for a long time.  Tomas and Shelly, have lots of grandkids. Gayle is in Oregon. I work with one of the twins.  Robert and Linda and Tomas are likely to be at Stan Purser Pow wow on Feb 28th as Claudia McGrady is coming out from Newtown, ND with a bunch of vets. Tony passed away.  :(

Sanchez is such an arrogant jerk. But it seems the arrogant ones are the ones the nuagers go for. Never understood that, but oh well. I was told once it is a cultural thing where the person bragging themselves up comes off as confident. I just see them as braggy. 

So half the people left?  ;D I guess his career as a hot shot shameon is not getting off to a bang up start.

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 09:36:06 am »
When I was a kid my grandma and uncles would absolutely humiliate us if we started bragging.  It was absolutely forbidden to talk about yourself or puff yourself up.  You were supposed to have cousins who were responsible for that, and of course you would do the same for them. 

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:58 pm »
just got this from a friend at Pine Ridge / pretty much says it all

I have heard about this Iron Eagle person, and I contacted the Yanktonian Tribe, and they told
me that he is a fake, and that if he was home, he would have already been thrown out of the Tribe. The
people form that tribe are trying their best to keep the language, culture, and their philosophy alive, so they
expressed that they would not do such a thing to jeopardize their existence. Especially with their youth.
It's to bad that there has to be people like him who are trying to destroy the culture as well as the sprituality 
of the people. I would probaby attend one of his lectures and see what he has to say. True medicine men
would not try to abduct young girls and women for their own use. I know my uncle would never even talk of such things.
He has sweat ceremoniew every weekend but never asks for anything and is very careful about who takes part. This just
makes us so sad.  But my uncle says it will be back on this awful man.

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 11:44:13 pm »
I was talking to a friend last night, they seemed to recall a sanchez coming out of that aztlan group, they couldn't recall a first name. could be the same person could be someone else. but either or they are frauds.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 02:04:50 am »
I just got an email from someone that told me that Sanchez is actually Sho Ban. I don't know if it is true, but I do remember that when I first met him he did not say he was Lakota.

Epiphany

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 03:00:46 pm »
From May 2011

Iron Eagle is guest speaker at Unity

Iron Eagle will give the talk “The Nakota Way of Life: Being a Good Relative” at the Unity of Whidbey service on Sunday.

Iron Eagle (translated from Wambni Maza) is a traditional Nakota Sioux Chief and pipe carrier from South Dakota. He has practiced traditional ceremony and medicine ways for more than 30 years. In response to the ecological and social crises we find ourselves in, Iron Eagle is keen to share the Nakota way of life and will offer a spiritual message with special music as a part of the Unity worship celebration.

Donna Vanderheiden will serve as platform assistant. All are welcome.

Visit Unity of Whidbey’s website at http://www.unityofwhidbeyisland.org for more information.

http://www.southwhidbeyrecord.com/community/121814948.html

Offline bestone

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 08:28:14 pm »
I have read this discussion of John Sanchez and am wondering if anyone has more recent info on hid validity.  He has approached me about buying my property and I would love any feedback about him.  We are in an early stage of negotiations and I would like to know how much to believe him.  He wants to buy it to build sweat lodge and have a healing center and grow & process medicinal herbs.  He claims to have access to funding and tribal backing.

Any info and help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 09:31:10 pm »
Unless he's changed a lot, I would not trust him. Oh, he no doubt would put up a sweatlodge. And he would figure out how to get money out of people to come in to his lodge. He was quite the con artist before.

Epiphany

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 08:11:08 pm »
He seems to be going by Frank Sanchez too:

The free event will feature songs and stories from host Frank Sanchez, Chief Iron Eagle.

Josette Hendrix, founder and director, said this event is groundbreaking for the center. The program has offered many language camps for children, but this program is made unique by Sanchez.

He is the last principle headsman for the Yankton Sioux Fire of The Great Sioux Nation and a traditional spiritual leader for the Yankton Nakota people. Sanchez spent time in Japan before and after the nuclear disaster in Fukushima.

http://www.southwhidbeyrecord.com/community/219474751.html

Chief Iron Eagle is the last principle headsman for the Yankton Sioux Fire of The Great Sioux Nation. He has taken on the indigenous responsibility of protecting the sacred by working for treaty rights for 30 years. Chief Iron Eagle is also a traditional spiritual leader for the Yankton Nakota people.

http://www.symbiosisgathering.com/academy/ancestralarts/chiefironeagle/

Chief Iron Eagle (Frank Sanchez)

http://www.nwic.edu/event/we-act-annual-indigenous-service-learning-gathering

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/frank-iron-eagle-sanchez/34/a53/83b

TATE OMANI CORPORATION in Nevada, Frank Sanchez director http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=vKUkCqd9f4kRGWvFXs0d%252bw%253d%253d&nt7=0
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:22:37 pm by Piff »