Author Topic: John Sanchez aka Iron Eagle  (Read 23360 times)

Offline Olderthandirt

John Sanchez aka Iron Eagle
« on: February 07, 2009, 06:00:37 am »
I live in Langley on Whidbey Island, WA.  The locals here have their knickers all atwitter about a fellow named John Sanchez aka Iron Eagle.  Here is how his flyer reads:

Iron Eagle, a Chief of the Yankton Nakota Sioux - the Ancient Stone People -

Seventh generation treaty signer
Spiritual healer
Sun Dance Leader
Practitioner of the Seven Rites of the Sioux.

will give a talk on the Life Way of Being
and holistic healing

Sunday, Feb. 8 from 1:00 to 5:00 PM.
at Living Green - 630 2nd Street in Langley.

Gifts and donations will be gratefully accepted.

He also has told locals that he dreamed he must start giving Grandmother Teachings in the Lakota Way to women.

My shackles are raised and red flags are flying and snapping in my face.  Has anyone heard of him???

T Blue
~T Blue~

"Why, oh WHY didn't life's major problems happen when I was 18 and knew it all?"

Offline Spaewife

Re: John Sanchez aka Iron Eagle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:36:28 am »
too bad I did't have time to plan for this I'd have driven up and checked him out  in person. 

wasn't Iron Eagle a movie??

(i'm gonna behave and not make a snide suggestion about he should meet WEMF and they'd probably be a happy happy couple.)

Offline kosowith

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 12:51:55 pm »
If people are concerned I would suggest contacting Robert Cournoyer. The last I knew he was tribal chairman and he could put them in contact with the culture committee, elders, etc who could answer any questions about this man's right to do ceremonies and authenticity.  The Yankton culture center and museum do sell printed flyers about the 7 rights, etc. but I don't think they promote outside marketing.  But I can't say for sure, as I'm not from there.

Yankton Sioux Tribal Offices
Marty, SD 57361-0248
Phone (605) 384-3641

Offline ska

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 03:24:32 pm »
My husband knows of him.  Many years ago, he met Sanchez in Denver, then back in Marty. Sanchez is from Marty, SD but he used to live in Albuquerque.  Back in South Dakota (Lake Andes) it was told that this fellow was doing "ceremonies" in Albuquerque.  My husband laughed to hear that Sanchez claims to be a ceremonial leader.  Apparently, he does not speak the language.

My husband has relatives in Marty and Lake Andes.  We'll be sure to pass on the news that this self-proclaimed "chief" and "Sun Dance leader" is doing this in Washington. 

Any chance you could scan a copy of the flyer and post it here?

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 04:29:51 pm »
Long time since I heard about Sanchez! He used to be around her, Kitsap Peninsula, talking trash about white people and dragging his pregnant white wife around, being supported by her daddy. He hooked up with some people I know and was running sweats there on their land. Some really strange ideas there! Anyway, all sorts of people would come to their house for sweat and John would meet them in the driveway to "greet" them. Turns out, he was collecting his fee! This was in the mid 90's. They finally got clued in on him when he had them convinced to take their then 13 year old daughter to South Dakota to learn---are you ready for it?---" The Holy Way of the Lakota Shawl". Uh, ok. Yeah, so this girl, she is 1/4 Apache and blonde and he is going to take her to SD with him...  People started calling the parents up when they heard and saying "ARE YOU NUTS?"  He left then, when on to other victims. One year he ran the sundance at Mount Hood and told a decorated veteran, 4 time sundancer, Lakota man, that he could not touch the pole because he had "blood on his hands." They ran that Sanchez off from Mount Hood after that. So now he is up on Whidby? They don't have enough goofballs of their own up their?

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 04:57:05 pm »
goofballs and and a few other things.
Wonder how those military papa's and mama's would like to meet him if they knew he tried to take a 13 year old out of state..

Too bad he's not closer to enumscratch.. could drag him out to a red and black ant nest and stake him out on it.. rofl..

Offline Olderthandirt

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:12:25 pm »
Hey, a really big thanks to everyone for finally jogging the cobwebs in the attic of my memory system.  I KNEW there was some sewage from the past concerning him and, yes, I DO remember hearing of the " The Holy Way of the Lakota Shawl" and the young girl incident.  GAW!!  (I remember asking Grandpa Noah Long Crane just what that shawl ceremony entailed!!)

I moved from Enumscratch to Whidbey.  Dang!  I did not know anyone from here lived there.

I am going to attend the whing dingy thingy tomorrow with John Sanchez and will snap a pic and see if I can record some of his balderdash.  I will need a big dose of anti-nausea meds but I maybe can last for a few minutes.

I mailed the flyer off to Charlie Sitting Bull and Bob Red Elk in Arizona.  What I posted in my original post in italics is copied and pasted from the flyer and I will check to see if I have a pic of him still on my phone.

I will contact the Yankton Tribal numbers to get further info.  Somthing that seems just a bit odd to me is the fact that he claims to be Yankton NAKOTA.  I may be way off base on this, but all of my Yankton peeps are DAKOTA and they are suprised stunned to hear of NAKOTA.  Please, someone, anyone, correct me if I am in error.

Why, I mean WHY would a "Chief" feel the need to teach Grandmother Teachings!!????

I do have a pic of him and as soon as I figure out how to post a picture here, will do so.

T Blu
~T Blue~

"Why, oh WHY didn't life's major problems happen when I was 18 and knew it all?"

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 11:40:29 pm »
You knew Grandpa Noah? It was his son that was disrespected at Mt. Hood by Sanchez. It  was Tomas and Shelley's girl that Sanchez wanted to take to SD. Some day I will tell you a funny on Tomas. ;) Or maybe 3.  ;D Snchez came to the Kitsap Indian Center Bopard meeting wanting to "teach" all us ignorant beings. Disrespected several elders including "Mr. Bill" who is about the same age as Grandpa Noah. What an arrogant fool that Sanchez is.I think he wants to teach woman's stuff for bad intent. I don't believe it was altruism that led him to try and take Shawna out of state.

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:36 pm »
this guy is sounding more and more like a real dweeb.

That ant hill staking is sounding better and better..  there was a big one along the kent black diamond, 4 feet high, about 6 feet across.. (smiles sweetly)

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 12:23:09 am »
Can I watch?? ;D

But seriously, why don't any of these dumass nuagers ever THINK?? I mean, they just except obviously stupid stuff! (And I am not talking about Tomas and Shelley, that is a whole 'nother story) I mean, some of these frauds and questionables and sell outs have some really bizarre story and not one of their idiot followers EVER asks about the obvious!

Offline Spaewife

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 12:39:57 am »
I'm not sure all are 'followers' as that they believe what they are told or have no one to check with that may go hmmm wait a min..

others are at probably where they want to believe what they want to believe..

and yes you can watch will have to be quick those lil red and black ones are nasty lil buggers.. rofl

frederica

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 02:09:53 am »
They don't think, because they are "dumazz", and the the Aura and Splendor of it all just takes their breath away. 

Offline Olderthandirt

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 05:04:42 pm »
Debbie,

Yes, I knew and loved Grandpa Noah for YEARS.  Used to take him out for his favorite meals at the Yankee Pot Roast restaurant!!!  Even drove him to a few powwows.  I sat with Grandpa for hours learning from his stories, or, taking my challenges to him for help in seeing the answers.

OMG!!  Shelley and Tomas's girl Shawna .........keeerap, how could I forget these things (oh, it's called "senior moments!")

Well, this dude caters to the non-ndns and it is a known factor that the nons think it is SO romantic, etc to be with an Indian.  Reminds me of a group of brainless lemmings! 

Sort of shades Roy Wilson, Walks With Thunder, etc, ya think?????????????

GAW!!  I just want to run some strong smelling salts under these gullibles noses. 

I am going to listen to rusty birdy and then I will ask him to describe, for the rest of those attending,  the "The Holy Way of The Lakota Shawl!"

Thank you all for your helpful responses.  My friend is taking his lap top to show the NAFPS website for anyone interested in learning the real truth.

T Blu

~T Blue~

Offline Olderthandirt

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 06:05:03 pm »
Debbie,

Did you mean Robert Long Crane was disrespected by Sanchez??  At the Mt. Hood Sun Dance?
~T Blue~

Offline Olderthandirt

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 06:24:47 pm »
Bear with me as I am trying to post the picture of Sanchez from his flyer:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh313/Turquoise_Tiki/JSanchez.jpg
~T Blue~