Author Topic: Lance Jamison (was St Petersburg, FL)  (Read 20949 times)

Offline Superdog

Re: Lance Jamison (was St Petersburg, FL)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 04:22:03 pm »
...I'm just imagining what goes through someone's head when they promote a product like that.  She must have an interesting client base.

Not meaning to be disrespectful - but that bottle looks like a product you put down the john when the pipes are blocked by nasty substances.....

lol....

In that case.  My house is blessed.  Aho!

Offline Red Eagle

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 07:42:21 pm »
Wolfjumper41, I AM a documented Native American/Lakota.  My mother was Jenifer Red Eagle.  And my father was Stewart Figard.  My Grandfather was Amos Red Eagle.  I'm also a decendent of Mary Magpie.  And my Great Grandfather was Moses Red Eagle.  My Great Grandfather was wounded at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.  And I was mentored by by Grandfather Amos Red Eagle, and also Dawson No-Horse,  who was a family friend.

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=42&rank=1&new=1&so=3&MSAV=0&msT=1&gss=ms_f-42&gsfn=Jenifer&gsln=Red+Eagle

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:52:39 pm »
  Mr Figard claims that the war bonnets are of his makeing and are authentic---yeah sure the argument will be yeah he made them and yeah they are authentic but any one can buy the kit and put it together!!  i have 4 bonnets that i did this way-- does that make my bonnets authentic indian articles since i am married to a cherokee?  i think not!!!
Let me clear something up.  If one would read my posting a bit more clearer then one would see that i did state that i was not native american, only married to one. 

I'm a bit confused here. You say you're married to someone Native American, but then you posted this in another thread:

i am trying hard to find my husband's father's family but i ran in to a snag.  I only have my father in law's "whiteman" name since it was my understanding that he took the name when he left the tribe.  the understanding is that hubby's dad was full cherokee.  I can only get as far as his WWII registery and then it stops.

So... Is this person with mysterious ancestry, and one unnamed ancestor who may have been Cherokee, your "Native American" spouse?  Normally I wouldn't ask about someone's relationship, but you brought it up. If this tenuous connection is the reason you feel you can honorably make and sell dreamcatchers, "war bonnets" and other Native-inspired crafts, I think you've made it relevant. You've said you make your living making these things. Have you thought about who buys them, and for what purpose?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:12:00 pm by Kathryn NicDh? na »