General > Research Needed

Kevin Morrell AKA GaWaNi Pony Boy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: lizditz on March 18, 2005, 10:39:30 pm ---Tribal Elders from many different Nations and backgrounds
--- End quote ---

Looking at this thread again after someone in another forum asked about him. That dreaded invocation of "Tribal Elders from many different Nations" ... none of whom ever have names. Or in the rare case they have names, they're names so common as to be uncheckable. And it's only (no pun intended) outsiders who think the "many different" is a selling point.

gah.

Kevin:
I sure would like to know what constitutes "  native american horsemanship" - sheesh! as if a horse would care other than being gently treated and respected. I'm going to buy a herd of old nags, set up a web site and advertise them as Indian horses that have been blessed and counseled by the elders of many different tribes to allow white people on their backs for the ride of their lives and cultural attunement in the process.

Spirit Ponys now available from Dances With Ponys for $3999.00.
Blessed and conditioned by Indian elders for your riding and spiritual pleasure
Free delivery within 50 miles.

Whataya' think???

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: Kevin on August 26, 2008, 11:58:46 am ---Whataya' think???
--- End quote ---

Do it in Sedona. Or anywhere where bored white people with lots of money think they can buy spiritual growth, and you'll make a killing. That's why there are people who sell out (and sell their souls).

chiefytiger:
 Im A First Nation's person ,and Im a horse person as well,as for what this man is doing I Think its shameful .... I was given a right to perform Horse ceremonys and its only done in a sacred way. I have been to alot of areas that dont know about horse ceremonys . But i dont think it should be allowed to be a spetical for Non/Natives to see. As for his suit he should be ashamed of himself tryin to be NDN ,when he's not .
I asked around and nobody has heard of him .must only be in the eastern areas ....

Old Horsewoman:
I worked for the company that created Pony Boy. His story is completely fictitious. It's all a public relations ploy. He's an Italian from Boston named Kevin Morelli, which he changed to Morell. His books, talks, etc. are complete BS.

Don't get me wrong. He's a nice guy. Just not what he claims to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version