General > Research Needed

Panache Desai?

<< < (3/5) > >>

matt e:
funny, a lawyer sending a message from their clients email address? hmm.

even if this person had a lawyer on staff, I would think they would have their own email address, and not have to use the default (webmaster@.........com)  hmmm

I think a real lawyer would have sent an actual letter of demand.

therefore not a real lawyer.

By the way, that particular law does not apply to public figures or people in the public eye, such as religious leaders, politicians, actors/actresses etc. and as the only thing mentioned on this forum was the personal opinion of someone who alegedly attended  a meeting of this religious leader, and the opinions of those who responded to that persons opinion based on available information. 

Nothing to sue over.  my opinion,- no grounds for a suit, barbie is not a real lawyer. panache is up to something crooked in one way or the other based on the response from "barbie" if he wasn't. he could have came on himself and responded that it was just a misunderstanding. now if anyone searches for him, this will eventually show up in the results and make anyone considering joining him reconsider.

ska:
Hi Frederica

EST also refers to "Erhard seminar training" which was popular in the late 70s and early 80s.  It's another one of those new age personal transformation regimens.  You know the deal - give  thousands of dollars (or hundreds, dunno really)  in exchange for a weekend or two of "intensive training".  The intensity seems to be based on the use of cult-y practices like sleep deprivation, hunger, etc.

ska

zoi lightfoot:
Dispite the odd termination,Barbie Baylis is most certainly a real attorney.......Though last i heard was working with and being a legal panalist on some music industry thing.

Moma_porcupine:
Yup , a google search shows there is a real attorney named Barbie Baylis .

http://www.yogilawyer.com/

--- Quote ---The Law Offices of Barbara R. Baylis, Esq. specializes in legal and business matters in the music and entertainment industries and new media distribution of music and entertainment products and services.  For more information and inquiries, please contact us at info@yogilawyer.com.

Namaste
--- End quote ---

And this is mentioned on other websites.

--- Quote ---Attorneys | Berschback Duff Attorney at Law, Nashville, TN Barbie Baylis Attorney, LaPolt Law Duff Berschback Entertainment Attorney ... Candace Corrigan Songwriter and creator, "The Nashville . ...
www.lawyerintl.com/ attorney-253135-Berschback%20Duff%20Attorney%20at%20Law/
--- End quote ---

The yogi lawyer title and word Namaste suggest this person might be involved in East Indian Spiritual practices -

I'm not a lawyer but the threat of a law suit because some people publicly discuss their discomfort with her clients position of public trust and Spiritual leadership seems completely off the wall.  Isn't this about the same as if the Anglican leaders who perform gay marriages threatened to sue the other Anglicans who publicly say performing gay marriage is wrong ?

I really have to wonder if this email was actually writen by Barbie Baylis, as it seems a person with any legal training would know that public discussion of public figures on matters of public interest is not grounds for a law suit unless something that was said was blatently untrue .

I agree with Matt. If this email was really written by Barbie, it seems odd it was sent from their clients email account and not their own.

Defend the Sacred:
Mysterious Maybe-Barbie Maybe-Not-Barbie wrote:

--- Quote ---I find her post and the way that you handled the whole thing to be unloving and completely not in alignment with the Native American tradition.
--- End quote ---

And since when is being "unloving" grounds for legal action?

I'm waiting for someone to tell me I'm not "loving enough" to be... I don't know, Irish?

Sorry, you're too "unloving" to be NDN.

*snerk*

ETA: A hypothetical here: Someone with a major control case, and a sense of entitlement and power over their followers, might ask one of those followers to write a letter, then demand to send it themselves after rewriting it a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version