General > Research Needed

Panache Desai?

(1/5) > >>

Shanda Lear:
Does anyone know of Panache Desai and/or "Spiritual Attunements" in Woodland Hills, CA?  

Something about him/it doesn't sit right with me...

Thanks!

educatedindian:
With a name like his, I can't blame you for being cynical. And one pretty pretentious intro to his site. I've gone through the whole site and still have no idea what he does or who he is or claims to be. He's even got his clients talking the same way..."I am now holding a higher frequency while recovering from breast cancer..."

?!

He claims to be trained by someone named Marlisle, the founder of "Awakened Life Healing." But there's no sign I can find of her or that either, or anything similarly named. The program/whatever-it-is used buzzwords common to both "lightworkers" and Kabbalah, but no exact match. Desai seems to be a fairly common East Indian name, but a first name of Panache?

The guy either goes out of his way to be mysterious, or has only been around a short time. I can't even find other sites that link to him. What was it about him that struck you as suspicious?

Shanda Lear:
Thanks for the response.  I can't find anything about him either.  What made me suspicious is the pat, rehearsed statements and answers...nothing I don't already know and have known during my many years of living.  He had people that obviously hang on his every word and are his "flock"...I was new to the group and he seemed somewhat weirded out having a new person..he even told us where to sit...control?  I went on the recommendation of someone who has "studied" with him before.  Who is this guy?  What is his background?  But I went ahead based on the recommendation.  Was told it was Native American healing with blankets and sage, and turned out to be another kind of Indian - that was fine, but we had to sit in a very cramped, airless room on the worst metal chairs ever.   And I have back problems.  No bathroom break for 2 1/2 hours.   Did this guy take EST?  

There is more to the story but too long to go into here.  Sometimes you just have to go on a "gut" reaction, which I have since this first (and my last) "workshop."  It was not cheap, either, and its too late to stop payment on the check!    Buyer beware of self-styled gurus!

educatedindian:
You might try the author of this website for some answers.

http://www.globalserve.net/~sarlo/Map.htm

I've written to him before, and he's a sincere enough Hinduism believer who takes seriously the questions of abuse by gurus, self styled or otherwise. He'd be able to tell you if what "Panache" peddles actually has anything to do with the faith, and might know of ethical complaints against the guru that we don't know of.

As far as your lost money, I always tell people to sue, go to small claims court. If what he claims is deceptive, like claliming to be one type of Indian when he's the other, you have a legit case. If you don't act, there's nothing to stop him from doing the same to others.

And you might also ask the local papers or news stations to investigate.

Shanda Lear:
Thanks for that link...I will follow up.

I have requested a full refund from this guy...talk about a case of Buyer Beware!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version