General > Frauds

Blackwater Muskogee tribe

<< < (18/28) > >>

loudcrow:
To clarify matters, both Larry and I resigned from the Blackwater Band of the Lower Muskokee
over 2 years ago due to the lack of proper leadership and sheer stupidity. Neither of us is
responsible for the actions of this group and we will not answer any questions about them.
Period.

I am posting because Francis and T/T/T are now parading around the UK Hobbyist scene with
the flag of the Blackwater Band of the Lower Muskokee and claiming they are part of this band.
I have emailed the Blackwater Band about this and have been informed they are not a band but
are stomp dancers. So I guess that explains the Billingtons doing a stomp dance at the Bison Farm
PowWow last week.

In closing, please label the Blackwater Band of the Lower Muskokee appropriately. Larry and I
are deeply embarassed by their decision to condone this type of activity by the Billingtons with the
"stamp of approval" of the Blackwater Band. Neither Larry or I had anything to do with this decision
and are as shocked and dismayed as the rest of the Natives reading this post and allowing Twinkies
and WannaBes to disgrace all Natives in such a manner is positively vile. The Blackwater Band should
be ashamed of themselves. I know I am certainly ashamed of them.

Crow with a loud voice

bls926:

--- Quote from: zoi lightfoot on May 12, 2008, 12:47:46 pm ---I suggest before ANY of you go ant further you all re aquaint yourselves with 'THE PURPOSE OF THIS GROUP' in Welcome and news.By that I mean all of its points.Now I suggest those peoples who want to find out if Blackwater is bogus,speak directly with Poarch Band and accertain from them if or who is bogus or not.Or is that too difficult a thing for folks to do?.I also suggest you digest very carefully what Napfs itself says it will or will not do.The reality is dispite the deletions this stuff is being sent out to the nations and peoples first and then posted on NaPFS,so i suggest you all loose the gossip and start coming up with cold hard facts and questions,NOT gossip.
--- End quote ---

I contacted the Muscogee (Creek) Nation about the Blackwater Band of Lower Muskogee. I asked if they were afiliated with the Blackwater Band and/or if they recognized them as a legitimate tribe or band. I also asked if members of the Blackwater Band have authority to represent the Mvskoke, to people in Europe? I received a reply from Joyce Bear, their Historic Preservation Officer, yesterday evening. Her reply was also sent to Robert Thrower, Tribal Historic Preservation Officer for the Poarch Band of Creek Indians, along with a copy of my original e-mail. I received a reply from Thrower this morning. Below are both e-mails:

Muscogee (Creek) Nation

--- Quote ---Re: Blackwater Band of Lower Muskogee???
Sent: Fri 7/18/08 5:17 PM
To:  Robert Thrower (rgthrower@hotmail.com); Bonnie Singleton (bls926@msn.com)

There are ONLY TWO  FEDERALLY RECOGNIZED "CREEK' TRIBES in the United States......   The Poarch Band of Creek Indians located in Atmore, Alabama.   and the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, located in Okmulgee, Oklahoma......  The Muscogee (Creek) Nation DOES NOT recognize the Blackwater Band of Lower Muskogee or any other State recognized group as a legitimate American Indian tribe.  No one represents the Muscogee (Creek) Nation unless they are an elected official or appointed by our Principal Chief A. D. Ellis....The people you have mention, I have never heard of them....  and NO... they do not represent the Muscogee (Creek) Nation in any way or form...... I cannot speak for the Poarch Band....   I suggest that you contact Robert Thrower and the Poarch Band.....
Joyce A. Bear, Historic Preservation Officer, Muscogee (Creek) Nation.
--- End quote ---

Poarch Band of Creek Indians

--- Quote ---RE: Blackwater Band of Lower Muskogee???
Sent: Sat 7/19/08 9:48 AM
To:  bls926@msn.com
Cc:  preservation@muscogeenation-nsn.gov; rgthrower@hotmail.com

Bonnie

I concur with Joyce Bear, as a sovereign American Indian Nation, the Poarch Creeks do not recognize the Blackwater Band of Lower Muskogee or any other State (or self) recognized group as a legitimate American Indian tribe.  No one can represent our Tribe unless duly appointed by our Tribal Council.

Robert G. Thrower
Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
Poarch Band of Creek Indians
--- End quote ---

Cold hard facts; NOT gossip

Barnaby_McEwan:
Thank you, bls.

bls926:
You're welcome. Just trying to help.

dabosijigwokush:
at last now this one can be laid to rest
it needs to be sent to the uk to dispell the billingtons deeds,and to clear the air once and for all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version