Author Topic: Possible fake  (Read 21379 times)

Offline Amberlady

Possible fake
« on: December 13, 2007, 02:28:01 pm »
This guy is not trying to make money, but I strongly suspect him of being a fraud and would apreciate your opinions of the following statement:

I have been taught my my elders, including my Arbeeka, my Heles'hias, including my head heles'hia who was taught by Tema Tiger and several other renouned Creek Squareground Functionarys. These people are not fake by any means and well up in age. Infact my Head Heles'hia is currently in the hospital dieing as we speak and will not make it past the dark days.

He claims to be a member of the Muskogee (his spelling) Creek nation, he also goes on a lot about the Red Path which I understand is a purely New Age invention

Offline Moma_porcupine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Possible fake
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 03:39:58 pm »
Hi Amberlady and welcome !

Is this person you are wondering about, affiliated with this Muskogee Creek group ?

http://web.archive.org/web/20040423020118/theblackwaterband.tripod.com/id18.htm

Who we are

During the removal of 1838, many American Indians had to hide to escape being sent to Oklahoma. Many tried to enter the population as mulatto, French and as black. Of these, many were taken in and helped by some of the white settlers and  some were taken in and treated as slaves.

Many from Alabama and Georgia fled to Florida to hide in the deep woods and swamps. Not all who came to Florida went to  the peninsular. Some stayed in the panhandle with friends and relatives that would hide them, and some simply survived in  the wilderness.

As years passed, the white population did not fear the Indians as much and soon ignored them when they would see them. Some were lucky enough to find work and some lucky enough to gain a piece of property and farm. Soon, the whites began to
intermarry again with the Indians as many had done before the removal.

Most of Indian descent tried to hide that fact and would not teach their children the old ways. They had to "BE WHITE" in order, or so they thought, to keep from being sent to Oklahoma. This belief continues on even today with many of Indian descent.

Many of us have learned of our heritage and we are trying to live as such. We practice the language and participate in many cultural activities. Some of us may have light hair and blue eyes, but we are Indian. We may not be 100% blood,  but we all have proven our linage back to American Indians before the removal.

This group seems to have some connection with some other New Age people in England and Germany .

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1006

Grey Wolf & Tonya
Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 12:49:00 am ยป

The Blackwater Tribe of The Lower Mvskokee ring a bell thats whats on you addopation forgies the real name is The Blackwater Band of Lower Mvskokee inc. a 501 c3 club not FEDERALLY NON-RECOGNIZED not STATE RECOGNIZED not FEDERALLY RECOGNIZED a club and that is all not native bye any means

Some additional names and pictures of these folks are in the links below
http://web.archive.org/web/20061019062648/home.arcor.de/muskokee/pow05.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20040804175908/http://theblackwaterband.tripod.com/id17.htm

There is a few more details and questions about this so called Muskokee tribe in the thread below.

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1390.0

I'd be suprised if there is two so called Muskokee Creek tribes in Europe, but I guess there is no limit to what people can imagine , so anything is possible. 

Offline Rhiannonb

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 03:53:28 pm »
Here's some further quotes:

Being Muskogee is like being an American. It is a nation of tribes that is bonded under a treaty of the Muskogee Confederacy. Same thing with The Cherokee, the Denay (Navajo), and all the other Native nations. In the old times before the removial, there were 42 Towns of the Muskogee Confederacy. Today we only 13 towns left. When people think of Native Americans, they do not call us by nations, only by tribes because of how our towns was set up. In the way it was set up, The towns represented like a State to the United States. It is a spicific town of a paticular clan. There are 4 clans, Wind, Sky, Earth, and Water. These clans represent the kind of medicine a person holds. I am Muskogee of the Tuskeegee Fire(Town) of the Earth Clan. But in other words, yes, i do have my red card and on State Roles and currently trying to get on Federal Roles. Most Creeks on the east coast cannot get on the federal roles without going though Oklahoma because of the asumption of all the natives were moved out during the trail of tears.

Muskogee is the new day term. It was origionally Muskokee. The same with Yothvnkv (Yothunkuh), which means "Creator" or "GrandFather". It is the old Muskogee word meaning Creator, which was turned to Hesagadamissee (Hes-aga-da-missee), translated to "The Giver of Breath."

Yv'kvpake(Yu'kupakee) Aholoce(Ah-olo-chee) is translated to "Walking Clouds". It refers to having your spirit traveling while awake, unlike a vision quest, where your body is in a semi-hibernated state during the quest.

The Creek Language is very simple to learn, and when spoken fluently sounds a bit like dutch, but more drawn out. like with the word Mvskoke, it the o, which is the long O sound like in Note, is drawn out, Mvsko-kee. Yo-thvnkv. Hvmgan Este Feke! (humgan Este Feekee) One Heart People! It is a very old saying of my people meaning that we all are one with the earth and of the Creator, Yuohvnkv. Or in other words, We are all one cantesness experiancing itself self-objectively, and even though we are all induvisuals, we are all one mind at the end.

The term "One Fire People" comes from the simbology of the Fire. The fire represents the spirit of all, and was given to us by Yothvnkv, also known as Hesaketvmese. In one of the Creation storys, The Cedar Tree was blessed by Yothvnkv to stay green all year long and to never die in the winter. As he did so, he struck the Cedar Tree with lighting and setting it on fire. This was on an island in the middle of a great lake, and the water spider went across and brought the fire to the poeple in a web basket on her back. This is also why the Cedar tree is sacred. My Clan and Town's tree is the Cedar Tree. I am from the Earth clan, and my town is Tuskeeggee, which is the Creek word for Earth. It is the domenate town for all Earth people.

I am Cufe Bonkedo of the Fire of Tuskeegee

There's also something about cloud walking?  I couldn't find any online references to Yothvnkv (the word claimed for God).

Amberlady - I think this person is from the States, not European?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 03:56:13 pm by Rhiannonb »

Offline Amberlady

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 04:53:05 pm »
He is from the states, he claims to have been a registered Muskogee from the age of five and hints that he spends at least some of his time on tribal land

frederica

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 08:28:51 pm »
I don't know who "he" is, but Tema Tiger is a pretty well known Traditional Mvskogee Singer and Stomp Leader. And where are you talking about, Okla, Flordia, or Alabama.

Offline Amberlady

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 01:01:24 pm »
Why is it when you challenge a New Ager other people, including those you had thought to be sensible Pagans, rush to their defense with this ridiculous "Everybody has the right to believe what they want" attitude.  I would imagine its the same here as in the UK, this very attitude is destroying the very culture they claim to represent.

This guy posted this pic, if this is not a reenactment group I'll eat my new Kangaroo leather hat.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:34:55 pm by frederica »

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 02:24:44 pm »
The only place this Cufe Bonkedo shows up online is at myspace pages, where he goes by Mista Wallice, age 18, of Bainbridge Georgia. There are some photos of him in regalia. He could have very low blood quantum, or perhaps just is lighter than the rest of his family. I don't see any sign of him doing anything except perhaps wanting to appear knowledgeable to European pagans for whatever reason.

Not being Muscogee I can't comment on how well done that regalia is or is not. I've never seen a Confederate flag at a powwow, though a few people in the Five Tribes think the symbol is OK. Many more don't agree.

frederica

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 05:40:59 pm »
Bainbridge Georgia is in Decatur County, southeast corner. There are two State Recognized Tribes in the area. One in Cairo, in the adjecent county, the Lower Muskogee Creek Tribe Inc. and then you have the Georgia Kokenehv Nation.  The latter had some problems but haven't heard any more about it.  If he is enrolled as he says ask for his card. Many Pow wows now require dancers to be carded, as well as vendors. I've seen Confederate Flags, but mainly at southern Powwows. The Tigers that I am aware of are mainly Okla., you can also check with the Tribal Registrar.

Offline Cvfe Bonkedo

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 09:54:59 pm »
I just love how people give out my information without permission.  Which is a Legal offence here in the States.  I have no problems about you asking about me here, but using photos and giving out personal information on any forum is considered ID fruad and is a very hefty offence.  That does blow my mind that you would not consider that.

But alas, if the moderater of this site wants to check me out, then by all means I'll give you my Red Card and Roll numbers. And I can tell you i am atleast 1/16, and The woodland natives skin wasn't as dark as others because of the Appalation Forest.

And the Confederate flag was hung in the Booth next to Papa Jerry, (Lokvs Meeko). It was some wierd guy's booth.  I didn't pay too much attention, I was too busy dancing.
 Mvdo.

Offline Cvfe Bonkedo

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 10:10:27 pm »
I just love how people give out my information without permission.  Which is a Legal offence here in the States.  I have no problems about you asking about me here, but using photos and giving out personal information on any forum is considered ID fruad and is a very hefty offence.  That does blow my mind that you would not consider that.

But alas, if the moderater of this site wants to check me out, then by all means I'll give you my Red Card and Roll numbers. And I can tell you i am atleast 1/16, and The woodland natives skin wasn't as dark as others because of the Appalation Forest.

And the Confederate flag was hung in the Booth next to Papa Jerry, (Lokvs Meeko). It was some wierd guy's booth.  I didn't pay too much attention, I was too busy dancing.
 Mvdo.

Oh and no, that is not traditional Muskogee Regilia.  That is my Men's traditional Regelia for Intertribal pow wows.  As you can see on my shield, it's not finnished quite yet, my Clan and tribal colors aswell as the Squareground and Prophacy simbols.  and My head Heles'hiha  is currently dieing of type 4 lung cancer. Mr. Dan was quite a good teacher.

And on another note, please remove my picture off the thread, for it was posted without my awareness or consent. Mvdo and my apologies for any aggervations or trubles this may have cost.  Please do note that I am not mad for this, and actually aplud those who came and asked.  It goes to show that they have some sort of head on thier sholders.  But I wish they would do it a bit more gracefully.

Woops! My apologies for the Double post. I thought i hit the modify button.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:15:02 pm by Cvfe Bonkedo »

frederica

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 10:25:24 pm »
Why don't you send Amberlady a message and work it out off the forum. Just go to her name. Mouse it and a screen will come up to send a message. You don't want to put your roll # up on a public forum. Thanks.

Offline Cvfe Bonkedo

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 10:30:24 pm »
Generally I would, but Seeing how she came here with others and posted other background information of mine, I would feel much better if a Moderator of this site do it.  That way I know this situation will be taken care of in the propor mannor.  Again, my apologies for any aggervations.

frederica

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2007, 10:33:45 pm »
okay, no problem, I'll try, but may have to get Al to do it. okay got the picture down.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:35:50 pm by frederica »

Offline Cvfe Bonkedo

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2007, 10:37:52 pm »
Okay, thank you. Anything that we can do to get this situation resolved.

frederica

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 10:51:49 pm »
I sent a message, so seeing what can be done.