Author Topic: Jerry Pope / Jerry "Hawk" Pope  (Read 43909 times)

frederica

Re: What We're Up Against/Jerry "Hawk" Pope
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 03:55:02 pm »
Even her own bio makes you wonder how she became Shawnee when she claims Cherokee and Wyandot. Covers it up using Alqonquin. Throws in some Creek, always suprised she left out the Lenape'.  www.turtleislandstorytellers.net/tis_ohio_indiana/transcript01_dr_thom.htm
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:06:07 pm by frederica »

TheRebel

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2008, 02:42:44 am »
On my Mother's side of the family, her father was a Cherokee. My oldest Aunt married a Cherokee medicine man.

Oh boy! everyone has one of those in their family!
This should be obvious as ever Claudia has no real education of the Cherokee.  Finding a Cherokee Medicine man is like finding an honest politician!
Cherokee medicine man claim is bogus , how can a Cherokee medicine man be in her ancestry when there really is no Cherokee medicine man at all? In fact , doesn't indeed the medicines etc , come from the females and not the males?
Further more Cahill's never did have any assimilated native blood in their families.
Yup Claudia has definitely pulled the biggest bag of B.S. out of her south end of a horse going north.
Now I'm waiting to see how Cora"Tula" Watters and the rest fit into this salad bowl of a mess. From what I hear , Tula and Claudia have been plottin and schemeing.

Offline E.P. Grondine

• Man and Impact in the Americas
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 11:41:22 pm »
It's very frustrating and irritating, isn't it?

Suzan has all the papers documenting Jerry Pope's long history of cons.

Jerry's removal as "Chief" by the members of the Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band is a matter of public record.

One problem here is to find a US or Ohio law that can be used.

Another problem is finding enough money to do the research and to hire the lawyers so that Jerry meets his fate.

Offline educatedindian

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 02:08:19 pm »
I received some information, an account that what Jerry Pope and the Thoms are doing may even be worse than previously thought. There seems to be a very dramatic split betweent the Shawnee URB and the three of them.

The Thoms and Pope then formed a corporation the Shawnee United Remant Band BUSINESS GROUP INC which tried to transfer land once under the Shawnee URB and sell it and keep the funds.

It seems this was land that was intended for use to rebury ancestors' remains they would have received (or hoped to have received) under NAGPRA.

The next step is to track down the records for this and post them online for all to see.

Also we need to get Keely in on this, since she knows more about Pope and the Thoms than anyone.

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 04:39:10 am »

can't hide from me

Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band
7092 State Rte 540
Bellefontaine, OH 43311   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL INFORMATION
Telephone: (937) 592-9592
Web Site: www.zaneshawneecaverns.net

Who We Are
The Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band is Ohio's only State recognized historical tribe of Native Americans descended from historic Ohio Shawnee People.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This organization is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity .
This organization is required to file an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.
Additional narrative information in this report was last supplied by the organization on January 10, 2008.
Contributions are deductible, as provided by law.

How to Help
This organization is seeking funds from contributions and grants. These funds will be used for unrestricted operating expenses, special projects, building improvements and endowments.

Location(s) Served
Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Michigan

EIN: You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.
Year Founded: 1813
Ruling Year: 1979
Fiscal Year: You must be a GuideStar Premium subscriber to view this information.
Assets: You must be a GuideStar Premium subscriber to view this information.
Income: You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.
No. of Board Members: 26
No. of Full-Time Employees: 0
No. of Part-Time Employees: 0
No. of Volunteers: 0

Chief Executive
You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.

PEOPLE
You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.

MISSION AND PROGRAMS
Mission
To educate the public regarding the history and traditions of the Shawnee people and share the culture and religion of modern Shawnee society.

Programs
The Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band operates a Eastern Woodland Native American museum, maintains a historic Native American village and pioneer settlement, and helps to preserve the rich Shawnee history, tradition and religion by holding ceremony and offering semi-annual Pow Wows.

GOALS AND RESULTS
Accomplishments for Fiscal Year Ending December 31, 2007
Senate Proclamation officially reaffirming the Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band as Ohio's only State recognized Tribe of Native Americans.
Ohio House of Representatives Commendation officially recognizing Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band as Ohio's only State recognized Tribe of Native Americans.
Objectives for Fiscal Year Beginning January 1, 2008
Project NATIVE

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 04:56:53 am »
mmm not good at hiding eh

shawnee nation united remnant band
3548 tawawa maplewood rd
sidney, oh 45365

Offline dabosijigwokush

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 05:02:13 am »

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 04:37:03 am »
D., Jerry was really good at what he did:

http://www.cs.org/publications/CSQ/csq-article.cfm?id=387

You can see how people were ready to be taken in: people trying to fill that hole left in their lives from their family's hiding, ready to believe Jerry.

It was only when Jerry sold parts of Shawandasse that they began to question what he had told them, and the truth about him was learned by many. They tried to remove him as chief, but by then the Shawnee Nation United Remnant Band Business Group Inc had already been set up and assets transferred.

As I understand it, re-internments at Shawandasse had already occurred.

D., Jerry is not going to be stopped via an internet search.  It's going to take legal research and lawyers to straighten out the affairs in Ohio. That's the only way that violations of Federal and State law could be brought to bear.

Those who left formed the East of the River Shawnee, and a DNA check and a genealogical check are required for full membership.

TheRebel

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 06:53:44 am »
Those who left formed the East of the River Shawnee, and a DNA check and a genealogical check are required for full membership.

Applicants applying for membership to the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
or as affiliates in Megis Society,

Allied Tribes, and Friends of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
must submit a written Letter of Intent to the Nation’s Mother
at the appropriate Tribal High Council meeting. All persons,
upon placing their Letter of Intent with the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
are required to sign a background Release of Information Form.
The East of the River Shawnee Tribe’s Tribal High Council
has the right to refuse membership or affiliation to anyone for just cause
and/or to anyone who has been convicted of a felony and/or
any illegal substance related convictions.

Persons added to the membership of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe
must be of (1/64) one-sixty fourth Native American Heritage, which must
include Shawnee blood, or be able to be identified to a Shawnee ancestor.

After the reading of a Letter of Intent to become a member of
The East of the River Shawnee Tribe, or to be accepted as an affiliate
to Megis Society, Allied Tribes, or Friends of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
an applicant must serve a (2) two year probationary period
to include genealogical research (for Tribal membership) and Tribal participation.
Any person claiming Native American ancestry for the purpose of establishing
the classification of their Tribal membership to the
East of the River Shawnee Tribe, shall provide credible proof
of such ancestry to the Tribal High Council. Such proof may consist
of birth or genealogical records, membership of ancestors on
Native American Tribal Rolls, family photographs, notarized statements
by elder relatives, and triangulation and path of migration.

At the time of acceptance of said petitioner as a member
of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
their minor descendants shall also be accepted as a member
Of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
if these minor descendants meet the
East of the River Shawnee Tribe’s membership requirements.
Although East of the River Shawnee Tribe members may have different
Native American heritage, all the East of the River Shawnee Tribe’s
members shall uphold Shawnee heritage, culture and traditions
above all other Native American heritage, culture and traditions.
Citizenship within (2) two or more Native American heritage tribes
is prohibited within the East of the River Shawnee Tribe.

Membership in The East of the River Shawnee Tribe by Tribal Adoption.
By vote of Tribal High Council, a person may be adopted as a
Tribal member into the East of the River Shawnee Tribe
from the Megis Society, Allied Tribes, or Friends of the Tribe population.
This exception to the membership requirements
of (1/64) one-sixty fourth Native American heritage of said adoptee
and may be granted with approval and (2/3) two-thirds vote of
East of the River Shawnee Tribe’s Tribal High Council

Megis Society.
Megis Society is for an unrelated individual researching their ancestry,
or those persons who may be of the nuclear family
(legal spouse and/or minor children who may or may not be related by blood)
of a Tribal member, but are presently not known to be eligible for
East of the River Shawnee Tribe membership.
The individual(s) must submit a letter of intent to the
East of the River Shawnee Tribe’s Tribal High Council,
at an appropriate Tribal High Council meeting requesting
affiliation into Megis Society. Individual(s) are required to sign
a background release of information form.
The East of the River Shawnee Tribe has the right to refuse affiliation
to anyone with just cause and/or who has been convicted
of a felony and/or illegal substance conviction.

Allied Tribes
Any Allied Tribes affiliate must be of at least (1/64) one sixty fourth
Native American blood, or identified to a Native American ancestor.
The individual (s) must submit a letter of intent to the
East of the River Shawnee Tribe’s Tribal High Council,
at an appropriate Tribal High Council meeting requesting affiliation
into Allied Tribes. Individual(s) are required to sign a
background release of information form.
The East of the River Shawnee Tribe has the right to refuse affiliation
to anyone with just cause and/or who has been convicted of a felony
and/or illegal substance conviction. Allied Tribes affiliates may attend,
as nonvoting participants, any open Tribal High Council meetings
or open meetings of known or related Clans,
if agreeable to a majority of the voting members of said clan.
Participation in ceremony however, will be by invitation only,
issued by any tribal member. Allied Tribes affiliates shall not
hold an elected and/or appointed Tribal governing position.

Friends of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe
Any person whether Native American or not, with written declaration
of Tribal High Council may become affiliated as a Friends of
The East of the River Shawnee Tribe after submitting a letter of intent to
Tribal High Council at an appropriate Tribal High Council meeting
requesting affiliation into Friends of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe,
and will be welcome to attend all Tribal functions. Individual(s)
are required to sign a background release of information form.
The East of the River Shawnee Tribe has the right to refuse affiliation to
anyone with just cause and/or who has been convicted of a felony
and/or illegal substance conviction. Ceremony participation however,
will be by invitation only, issued by any tribal member.
Friends of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe affiliates may attend,
as nonvoting participants any open Tribal High Council meeting.
Friends of the East of the River Shawnee Tribe affiliates shall not
hold an elected and/or appointed Tribal governing position.

Got this right off their website which is now under construction , nothing said about a DNA check
Seems to be a bit crazy having all these catagories for membership , the 2 year probation period is very Jerry Popeish in nature , If I recall right from the old URB website , you were also  put on a 2 year probationary period  to join the URB.. Ehh .. EOR stinks just as bad as URB... Lets not forget , Old Claudi Cahill-Thom is a Clan Mother of the EOR.. Yup it really smells doesn't it ?

Offline E.P. Grondine

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 12:49:04 am »
If you noticed, the 2 years is for the genealogical check. That's how long it takes - the DNA check by itself will not limit itself to Shawnee heritage, but could come from another people, Cherokee for example.

It's strange about DNA and ancestry: mitochondrial DNA is only passed by women, and passed remains intact, while men contribute to the Y DNA.  So which DNA percentage is most relevant?  mt DNA or Y DNA? As intermarriage continues, this will be an issue that many peoples will have to address within a generation or two.

In any case, I understand that Jerry Pope's percentages are .00%, and that's why the rigorous check is now in place.

I'm surprised to learn that its as small as 1/64 for membership, but then that's one ancestor six generations ago - say roughly from around 1752, when the hiding began.

Megis cover adopted children and children from earlier marriages.

Given the immensity of the problem with Jerry Pope, I won't comment about Thom, other than to say that her understanding of Shawnee traditions is just plain wrong.  As I understand it, she wrote some romance novels that did pretty well... and I really know nothing else about her than what you've posted here.

frederica

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 01:34:14 am »
MP (Moma Porcupine} did a lot for information on DNA. http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=1375.0

TheRebel

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008, 07:17:49 pm »
Interesting Read.  [Big Smile]

TO THE WOMEN OF THE SHAWNEE NATION, URBFROM CHIEF HAWK

Autumn Buffalo and (according to her e-mail yesterday) Dark Rain have called a Womens Council to decide whether or not to remove me as your Principal Chief. The e-mail says it is May 6th, the day before the REAL Spring Council. However, an informant tells me this meeting is this coming weekend.....hoping a certain someone doesnot show up?This action (not meeting as Womens Council, but the intention of voting to remove me as Principal Chief) is in violation of our Constitution of our Nation, not to mention it is in violation of my civil rights as a citizen of the United States and the Shawnee URB. Therefore, anyone who chooses to participate in this is automatically in violation of our Constitution and in US law. Note: Read your constitution- Womens Council has NO AUTHORITY to remove anyone from any position, ever. We are not Iroquois. Any vote of removal of anyone is the business of Full Council. A person being charged of a crime has the right to be present and to defend him/herself and call upon witnesses on his/her behalf. I will not attend this
but I will have someone there to take names of those who do participate in the action. This action is just another BLOWING OF SMOKE by cowards who are trying to get rid of me BEFORE Spring Council can deal with THEIR TREACHERY AND DECEIT. These people just love to do their dirt behind my back instead of face me.....Never in the history that any alive remembers have a few People tried and almost succeeded in giving away OUR SHAWNEE LAND. For their own totally selfish reasons, they tried in every way they knew to force Foreclosure. If they had succeeded, the Shawnee People would have lost nearly everything. This is the dictionary definition of Treason! All involved will be dealt with appropriate to our Constitution. They have been using panic and have created fear to drive their agenda since the Fall Councile last year and they just keep escalating this with their actions and their vicious lies mostly by e-mail. Their biggest issue is the reimbursement check issue. All they have are copies of these checks. They do not have proof that the money was spent for inappropriate reasons. Calling me a Thief is pockvano and will also be dealt with. Some of you have only known me for a few years; some of you have known me for as much as 30 years, but you ALL should know that I couldnt possibly be guilty of stealing from the People. It makes no sense for me to bleed to death what I have spent my whole adult life building. Why would I fight so hard to keep leading the People during this horrible time and situation they have created? Remember, I have had no access to any business money for a whole year now. This whole thing isnt about me at all.... that is just their attempt to divert attention away from their own crimes! They have violated the Tribes constitution at least 5 times so far, standing practice rules of Council 4 times so far, and the Bylaws of the Board of Directors at least 4 times so far and I believe they are just getting started. The work of the Investigative Committee I formed in December is on-going. These folks have an unbelievable disregard for Tribal laws, traditions and common decency.Stop and look at the Whole Picture! Keep in mind that all the e-mails, all the turmoil, all the accusations, all the lies and deceit- they are only diversions to what is really going on behind the scenes. Theses methods are being used to confuse and confound; these methods are being used to whip everybody into a frenzy of being angry and to raise suspicion and doubt. QUESTION EVERYTHING! DONT JUST QUESTION THEIR HALF-TRUTHS AND OUTRIGHT LIES ABOUT ME!Just suppose the Caverns was Foreclosed upon by the bank and the property went to a Sheriffs Sale. This would mean that our land would be sold for pennies on the dollar. Then, just suppose a predetermined buyer purchased our land for this huge discount price.The land would then become PRIVATELY OWNED land of this buyer, If that were to happen, this buyer could capitalize on 8 1/2 years of hard work THE SHAWNEE PEOPLE have all done for the Caverns. This buyer would run our Caverns as private owners AND WOULD MAKE A NICE PROFIT FOR THEMSELVES- putting money in their own pockets! Shawnee People I ask you to open your eyes and see THE WHOLE PICTURE! Did you know that we have a person in the Tribe who offered to purchase Shawandasse supposedly to save it for us? This same person tried to purchase the Caverns before we did! Another person in our Tribe has mentioned that they would like to purchase the Caverns. They want it for themselves, and I believe these folks have made promises to other Tribal people- Tribal position promises and employment promises if they would only do whatever they possibly could to destroy me and remove me as Principal Chief.Shawnee People, dont do anything else to contribute to this rush toward Ruin of our Shawnee Tribe and the possibility of wealth for a few from all our hard work and our land! Please think about all I have said. There are TWO SIDES to every story and I know you will find the truth when you come to Spring Council on May 7th. Actions from this Womens Council will hold no legitimacy in our Spring Council. Im asking all RIGHT-THINKING women of our Great Shawnee Nation to decline from going to this Womens Council; you will only hear a one-sided conglomeration of lies, half-truths, slanted truths, and wild accusations that will all be brought out at Spring Council. This council is an attempted denial of my basic human rights. These women are only trying to do all of this wretched mischief just a few days before I go back on tour to make a living for my family. This mess must end at Spring Council. It will all come out and you will be shown the TRUTH! YOU can stop this! Love, Hawk

Offline Kevin

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 11:50:16 am »
you folks are doing a fantastic job/service here!