General > Frauds

Steve McCullough aka Iktomi Sha & Salt Creek Sundance

<< < (45/47) > >>

Sparks:

--- Quote from: Defend the Sacred on April 04, 2017, 10:14:45 pm ---We already have a thread on this. Merging.
--- End quote ---

I think you merged into another thread than you intended. Isn't this the right one?:

http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4734.0  [Susan Taffee Reed and Eastern Delaware Nation]

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: Sparks on April 04, 2017, 11:07:37 pm ---
http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4734.0  [Susan Taffee Reed and Eastern Delaware Nation]

--- End quote ---

They're all connected. I chose the one he titled it for. I suggest readers read the Susan Taffee Reed / Delaware thread as well. 

DCBirtch:
So far, this year is turning out to be quite interesting as I have been witness to just how much we truly are "all connected" in this Great Wheel of Life.

As it stands, the salt Creek, Indiana Sundance seems to be going pretty well, with little or no opposition from the Lakota/Sioux Nation - which only serves to make such cultural appropriations appear even more legitimized, especially in the legal aspect where "silence is consent".
You may wonder why I even care - I'm not Lakota, or even remotely related to ANY of the Sioux tribes. I'm Shawnee. However, even though the Sundance is a very, very sacred and powerful thing, and, has even been used to help the Mi'qmaq Nation regain the interest in reviving their own tribal ceremonies; powerful medicine. But, there have been those - the Nuagers - that truly care nothing for the long-established customs, traditions, and spirituality of tribal (Indigenous) peoples and/or their respective nations.
This kind of mentality, which has been allowed to foster for some time - being "reasoned-away" by many "excuses" - has virtually brought an end to the customs, tradition, and ceremonies of the Eastern Woodland peoples - especially those whom do not live on a reserve and have no direct way to receive such teachings. And, of course, most of you are already familiar with the shenanigans of the EDN, Inc., which has been a MAJOR player in the advancement of "Nuage Spirituality" at the cost of true and real tribal teachings....anything for that "feely-goody" kind of "personal spiritual connection".

This year, friends were made, and, those same friends were lost because of the Salt Creek Sundance - and, the "good vibrations" that the Sundance brings to the "spirit" of those ho participate. They, those "false friends", while claiming to be "native", have showed absolutely no concern for the cultural & spiritual appropriation that they commit on a daily basis. Often refusing to learn the custom, tradition, and ceremonies of their own "chosen" tribe, they had/have resorted to the all-to-familiar "you're attacking my spirituality" excuse.
And, as time for the Salt Creek Sundance drew nearer, the claims of spiritual-attacking just increased - no one want to hear the truth, let alone admit to it or to their mistakes....yet, oddly, I have been repeatedly told by other - many others - that the "truth of these things" is what they wanted...hm...must be not so much...

So, here is the link to the 2017 Salt Creek Sundance. As you can see, Steve McCullough will be - or already has been - "guiding" the Sundance ceremony. From what I've learned about Steve, both from this forum and others, I am quite surprised that this is/was allowed to continue.(?) Every year, more and more people fall victim to this as more and more of our tribal customs and ceremonies get sold or are "replaced" - as is the case with the Eastern Woodland peoples.

http://www.saltcreeksundance.org

WINative:
Wow most surprising was all those letters of endorsement he shows, albeit by known frauds and people willing to sell their culture for a price. The letter from Leonard Crow Dogs just seemed like rambling on and a bunch of incoherent thoughts that doesn't endorse or fully explain McCullough as a chief. I also cannot believe Elmer Running would come to Steve McCullough and give him a pipe and ask him to bring the Sundance to Indiana and gift him his medicine bundle. I sat in ceremony with Elmer and knew many that learned under Elmer Running, and he, especially in the finals years of his life was staying away from all those non-Indian Fat Takers. His family were protecting him from them since he was so willing to help people. I don't see any pictures of him with Elmer or any written endorsements by him. He would be the only one I would respect out of that list, but he was greatly taken advantage of by people in his life's work.
It's so sad and disgusting to see Native people endorsing this behavior...

Defend the Sacred:

--- Quote from: WINative on June 26, 2017, 09:37:45 pm ---It's so sad and disgusting to see Native people endorsing this behavior...

--- End quote ---

They don't.

--- Quote from: Mo on November 16, 2006, 12:30:04 pm ---At least a year ago there was a website made for Elmer. He is a legitimate spiritual leader for the Lakota. The website maker seemed a bit naive about the outcome and as most here could have predicted, things turned bad. Here is whats in its place. Just thought it should be noted in case anyone comes up claiming Elmer Running is thei9r teacher.

http://www.norbertrunning.com/

Thanks to all who have helped Elmer

It is with a heavy heart that I announce that Elmer Running's website has been taken down from the internet. While I had great hope that this would help spread a positive message to others about the pipe way, and get some much needed financial support for Elmer, it has, in fact done just the opposite.

Donations to Elmer have been less than $200 sent in 3 years (mostly from sundancers). Yet, fools-who-call-themselves-wisemen have used information on the site to steal thousands of dollars from people, proclaiming that Elmer trained or endorsed them in some way.

This has come back on Elmer in a negative way and may even force his involvement in legal actions. I can't even come close to describing how much this sickens and angers me.

I ask that all of us spread the word through our personal contacts and address books to let everyone know that Elmer does not endorse nor train ANYONE INCLUDING HIS OWN RELATIVES, in in doing ceremony. Please also remind people that anyone who charges money for a ceremony is illegitimate. Perhaps we can at least limit these Grifters' opportunity to steal in the name of tunkasila.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Cetan on February 04, 2012, 03:49:44 pm ---One other thing which I may have mentioned in this thread is that the last time Steve McCullough showed up at Elmer Running's Sundance Elmer threw him off his property. Elmer was the one who started the Salt Creek Sundance.

--- End quote ---

I strongly suggest you contact the other NDNs whose names McCullough is exploiting on that page and let them know about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version