Author Topic: Sundance ceremony in GA??  (Read 15947 times)

Offline Vikzen

Re: Sundance ceremony in GA??
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 02:40:23 am »
I wanted to join the site to add on to this thread, despite it being dormant for years. I was doing a search on Tayac Territory because I have wanted to know what kind of activities might be going on there, whether the Piscataway Nation was still active in a group that used to exist called League of Indigenous Sovereign Nations (LISN). 

Back in 1993, I attended a Sun Dance ceremony at Tayac Territory, as a supporter. I had been a media activist in Philadelphia and contributed footage to public TV to help highlight native issues. In 1992 we documented the Lenape/Delaware resistance to the changing of the name of Delaware Boulevard to Columbus Boulevard, for the Quincentennial hoopla hosted by the Italian-American community there. Through my media activism I became involved with the activists working to free Leonard Peltier from imprisonment. (*sigh*)

The Sun Dance had been brought to Tayac Territory by Frank Fools Crow and I believe was held there as hosted by Chief Billy Tayac for a number of years.  I just wanted to confirm that the Sun Dance was brought to the Piscataway and that I attended (and even have a T-shirt).