General > Frauds

George Price & Quaker Sweatlodge

<< < (2/7) > >>

Diana:
Here is a comment I found on a web site about the Quaker Sweatlodge from a Quaker. This person actually participated in building and worshipping in a native sweatlodge. Please go to http://rftlight.blogspot.com/2006/04/quaker-sweat-lodge.html for the a very eye-opening story. I don't think Mr. Fager is telling the whole truth on his web site or to this forum.

*Cultural appropriation is still the "biggie" for me. It was emphasized that this was a quaker and not an indian sweat, and that many and varied ethnic traditions have used "sweats" (the finiish sauna, an extinct celtic practice, etc) - and yet, we spoke prayers in native languages, not in finnish, we build a physical structure based on an indian structure, not finnish.... This is one area where I see great potential for change that could seriously change the basis for this concern.

Lim lemtsh

Diana

walking-soft:
 :)  http://www.quakersweat.org/

Thought this to be interesting read also.
                                                              walking-soft :)

JosephSWM:
I wish I had more than the 45 minutes the library gives you to use the computer so I could read some more of this quaker fodder. I wrote a letter to chuck fager, the one I put in the post somewhere above, and he never replied. I wish he would have. I guess maybe he is still trying to think of some explanation to explain the good quaker richard nixon.

Some of you have defended quakers here, saying they have done some good. All my personal dealings, meaning in person and not a computer, with quakers have proved to me through thier actions that they lie and talk out of both sides of thier mouths. And when that spirit moves them they certainly can betray a trust.

So let them have their sweat, maybe they will melt and that will be the end of them.

Joseph

weheli:
 Joesph,
I totaly agree with you. I am sure that if they dressed up like priests and performed duties of a Priest, Monk, Ect. the issue would be addressed and more than likely more forceful. Why than is it ok to always TAKE our ceremonies and it is acceptable by some/most people? ???
                                                               Weheli :-\

frederica:
I had a bout not long ago with someone about the Quakers. They have the same sense of entitlement as all the rest. They are just sneakier about it I guess that makes it "peaceful". frederica

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version