Author Topic: LEGIT charities  (Read 3794 times)

Offline milehighsalute

LEGIT charities
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:24:24 pm »
the magic words to open pocketbooks are "pine ridge"

i know pine ridge needs help, but the OST has been exploited by false charity for years.....its sad really

now i only know of a few that i can trust

i think unless i donate to local indian charities, i will donate to a "blanket" charity instead that attempts to help all natives

here is one that looks interesting

http://adambeachfoundation.org/

speaking of celebrities i would not trust the charity ran by jai janini aka jay tavare

anyone who goes through such lengths to conceal lies about their identities and criminal records i automatically mistrust

Offline Defend the Sacred

• Global Moderator
Re: LEGIT charities
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:05:58 pm »
Also check where the charity is located. Some don't go to the reservations at all, but are out of post office boxes in places like New York City. Last year there was a photo of a run-down trailer going around Facebook, with the scammers claiming it was the home of a particular Native family they were helping. One of my friends, who knows the named family, saw the photo and contacted the family... it was not their home, and this family had never heard of the charity, let alone received any money from them. People should ask for names and references and find a way to make sure any money or supplies are going to the people they say they're going to.

Offline milehighsalute

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 08:28:02 pm »
rockin the rez

Offline Diana

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 08:29:31 pm »
rockin the rez

Best charity ever! Love it.