General > Frauds

Robin Powell AKA Robin Youngblood

<< < (3/5) > >>

debbieredbear:
I have a fiend that has been to sundances in the dakotas, and also has met many spiritual people. She was told by 2 well meaning white women that she needed to listen to youngblood's tapes so she could "further her spiritual education".  ??? That just was kinda strange and sad because they are the kind who will give $$ to this "shaman."

redday:

--- Quote from: debbieredbear on May 12, 2011, 08:17:21 pm ---I have a fiend that has been to sundances in the dakotas, and also has met many spiritual people. She was told by 2 well meaning white women that she needed to listen to youngblood's tapes so she could "further her spiritual education".  ??? That just was kinda strange and sad because they are the kind who will give $$ to this "shaman."

--- End quote ---
that is iteresting....people simply don't get it. they don't get the seriouseness of being qualified to run ceremony . I run into it all the time and its like they don't have common sense. I use all kinds of examples to help them get it but its like talking to a brick wall literally very frustrating. I don't know if its a lack of education about what Native spirituality is....or what. It doesn' seem always that they don't care, its like everything else with them....its like "no comprhension" like it just doesn't sink in.....

debbieredbear:
No, it doesn't sink in. And they like the "showboaters" the ones who self promote. They don't undestand that the people with REAL power, don't brag on it.

redday:
I will post a link to a video on You tube where Youngblood was interviewed about the Pacifica Indigeneous grandmothers on Maui. And will post in reply to some one's elses post about the 13 Indigeneous Grandmothers, particulalry Agnes Pilgrim. She has done a lot of good work and is an important elder in her tribe so that might be helpful regarding them....and clear up some misconceptions about that group.....
Far as I know the Pacifica group is not attached to the original group. But what was said by Youngblood was that the original group had said to start your own group. Perhaps she tried to get into that group..I don't know. I also came across an interview that was done with Agnes and I will post that also. I personally do not have anything against  that group. I have a friend that lives there and knows this grandma and she is real.......

redday:
Here are the links I spoke about in the last post:

http://www.youtube.com
Search for: Maui Well Being part 3 interview with Youngblood
Part 1 and 2 might be interesting for information about the mind set of Maui....this is a different kind of place

http://intercontinentalcry.org  Interview Agnes Pilgrim
(hope this works)

On you tube there are various interviews with Agnes Pilgrim Just put it in search...I don't consider her a plastic shaman  but...others may......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version