Author Topic: "Rainbow Weekend" - how to approach this?  (Read 12043 times)

Offline snorks

• I Love YaBB 2!
"Rainbow Weekend" - how to approach this?
« on: June 04, 2006, 07:39:30 pm »
Hi everybody,
I received an invitation to go to a local mystical church's Rainbow Weekend.  I know some of these people who are basically New Age folks.  But as you can see it is a bit fluffy as some would say and other would say was exploitive.  How should I approach this?

I don't know : Jean Reddeman (Strong Walking Woman)

Note that "Rainbow" was an imaginary playmate of one of the founding Reverends.  He was "Mr. Rainbow" until the reverend discovered that he was "Chief Rainbow".

Rainbow Weekend
July 14, 15 & 16
Classes - Runes, The maori Wheel, Native American Traditions in Faith, Animal totem Speak, Symbols, Mayan Calendar, The medicine Wheel and the 7 Sacred Ceremonies, Hawaiian Huna, Mandalas, African Drumming to Heal a Broken Heart and more.
Instructors - Jean Reddeman (Strong Walking Woman), Red Cameron, Jennifer Judelson, JD, LCSW, mary Phelan, Neville Johnson (Telepathic TV), Diane Roadcap, Geraldine Amaral, Claudette Knox and more.
Circles - Indian Guides and Teachers, Voices from our Ancestors, The Medicine Wheel, Guides and Teachers, Drumming Circle and more.
Readings - world renowned mediums including Revs. Strohme, Tedora, Cameron, Brown and more.
Psychic Gala - Sunday evening

Rainbow weekend is named for Chief Rainbow, the spirit guide of the first Vice President of AMC, Rev. John Bordeaux. As a small child, Rev. Bordeaux had an "imaginary" playmate whom he called Mr. Rainbow. Upon developing his intuitive awareness, Rev. Bordeaux learned that this playmate was in reality Chief Rainbow, his primary Native American Guide.

Together with Rev. F. Reed Brown, he worked to establish Arlington Metaphysical Chapel. Rev. Bordeaux passed into spirit on April 11, 1982. Since he had a major interest in education, the Board of Trustees of AMC established this special yearly celebration of spiritual education in his memory.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: "Rainbow Weekend" - how to approach this?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 08:03:37 pm »
Jean Reddeman:
http://www.iwwg.com/index.php?page=39

She seems real nuagey. A lot of nuage speak in that article. And what the heck ids a Maori Wheel"???

Offline 180IQ

• The Caretaker
  • I never sleep
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:20:33 pm »
Only "a bit" fluffy??? Just reading the agenda made me feel ill.

Offline snorks

• I Love YaBB 2!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 10:02:59 pm »
I have no Idea what a Maori medicine wheel is.  I do know something of their culture and never encountered that.

Is there such as group: Stockbridge Munsee Band of the Mohican Nation?

The person who invited me is running the workshops and assured me it was all serious.  

Maybe I should go, take copious notes, and report back as to who may be frauds or whatever.

Offline debbieredbear

• Global Moderator
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:33:39 am »
The Stockbridge Munsee Band of the Mohican Nation is a real group. Here is there web page:
http://www.mohican-nsn.gov/