General > Research Needed

Siobhan Marks Our Grandmothers Strap Dress

<< < (4/9) > >>

berriesandcream:
I totally agree that Siobhan, regardless of Native status, is a very toxic and manipulative person and very damaging to the Native community.

I did a little research myself and noticed that she claims that her great great grandmother is Angeline Corbine who was considered “Indian” on Familysearch. Her great grandmother is Mary Diamond Wright and her grandmother is Ann Jane Wright (Smith). I believe the only similar name in your search is Ann Jane Wright (Smith). I’m a little confused where this would take the search next. Do you still have access to the family tree that her family member posted? I think it would be helpful to see that. 

berriesandcream:
Have seen this posted on fb and brought up again. Only her partner has said that: “Siobhan is who she is, and I believe her….”. But Siobhan has stayed silent the entire time? This thread isn’t abusive by any means. It is very valid to question someone’s Indian status and frankly it happens ALL the time. I don’t see people making a big deal about it when it happens to them. Usually the person being questioned provides proof of lineage, family, what they claim, etc but she is not doing that? That feels very weird to me.

berriesandcream:
Back again. Have seen Marin’s post on Facebook. He is trying to turn this into something it is not. At first he claimed people questioning her ancestry were telling her how to dress. Now he claims it is colorism. There is no attack on Native people and the color of their skin. Yes, she is white and very very white passing. She does not present as a brown or black person. So what. Boo hoo. You cannot experience colorism as a white person. She has white parents so yes she IS in fact white. It would be wrong of her to say that she is Native first and then white. If a police officer were to pull her over how would they view her? He is just using this as a tool to get people back on her side. It’s honestly sickening.

WINative:
Is that Marin "Mark" Denning the former Marquette University "First Warrior" mascot who your speaking of?

berriesandcream:
Yes, her partner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version