Author Topic: "Legitimizing Plunder at Standing Rock" Parts I and II  (Read 3097 times)

Offline ska

"Legitimizing Plunder at Standing Rock" Parts I and II
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:33:14 pm »
"Legitimizing Plunder at Standing Rock - Part I" by Avis Little Eagle and Georgianne Neineber

"A native woman is found frozen in her trailer due to lack of propane for her furnace. A few days earlier, a 54-year-old tribal member was found frozen behind a building, a 24-year-old woman froze to death, and her 29-year-old boyfriend was found frozen to death in a snow bank this week. . . How can this happen when the eyes of the world are focused on the Standing Rock protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline, and millions of dollars are pouring into Internet crowd sourcing sites? Estimates of the number of sites that use "Standing Rock" and "Sacred Stone" range from 5,000 to 20,000 including at least 10,000 GoFundMe accounts. Over 5,000 use the Standing Rock name, according to tribal officials. Where is the money going? The short answer is that no one knows. . ."

https://www.opednews.com/articles/1/Legitimizing-Plunder-at-St-by-Georgianne-Nienabe-Dave-Archambault-Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribal-Chair_North-Dakota-Lawsuits-Standing-Rock_Standing-Rock-170202-553.html

"Legitimizing Plunder at Standing Rock - Part II" by Avis Little Eagle and Georgianne Neineber

"Media narratives have been mixed. Those of us who were there witnessed much good and also some very troublesome behavior. . . How many theories of social justice and environmental action are professed on the thousands of websites raising money on the backs of the poor of Standing Rock and the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation for a paltry 1,000 or so squatters on Army Corps land while tribal members freeze to death on the reservation? This is not a new story. Look to Big Green. . ."

https://www.opednews.com/articles/1/Legitimizing-Plunder-at-St-by-Georgianne-Nienabe-Dave-Archambault-Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribal-Chair_North-Dakota-Lawsuits-Standing-Rock_Standing-Rock_Standing-Rock-Water-Defenders-170204-586.html